Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protein bars

I eat breakfast, lunch, a big dinner and a snack at night, I'm walking 6 to 10 miles a day sometimes I run i still seem to be 8 or 900 Cal's under budget is this ok ??? also feel hungry between meals probably with all the walking is it ok to eat a protein bar low in sugar in between meals? or will this hinder me losing weight? Thanks .

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@Heggybhoy82, I moved this post to the Be Inspired Discussion Group, since it is not related to any particular tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its OK to eat between meals. Protein bar is OK if that's what you want.

I generally go for Nuts, String cheese, cottage cheese or yogurt.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think protein bars are great for getting in calories if you are struggling to meet your daily intake of calories/ macronutrient ratio.  Especially if it's low in sugar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heggybhoy82 My two favorite kinds of protein bars are Quest Bars and I also really like the Cliff Builder bars. 

The Quest bars are really low in sugar and the Cliff Builder bars go really well with coffee in the morning.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heggybhoy82: I think it's ok to eat a protein bar in between the meals. I like to make my own as I would know exactly what's in it. Check this one out...

http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/quick-easy-high-protein-snacks/

Bhuvana

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks a lot of good options there
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been eating pro first bars that are also low in sugar
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bhuvana wrote:

I like to make my own as I would know exactly what's in it.

Me too. More recipes (including mine) in this older post.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bhuvana thanks

think i'll give them a try, gotta be cheaper than buying from the shops!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they are fine but, I have removed them from the house.  I now have my bar eater pick out nuts, seeds, and dried fruits and just have those.  It is less expensive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Protein shakes are cheaper by volume and if you are a habitual eater. I would end up eating all 18 bars that I just bought, so no thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes