Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving recipes Help

I'm very new to this malarky and would like to know if its possible to save recipes and then use them to add to the tracker? for example i made frittata but only had 1/3 of it for lunch, I've tried adding it as a meal but that doesn't work. Can anyone help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm sorry but there is no way to save as a recipe. But its its something you use a lot add a custom meal with the NI and give it the recipe name. Then it will be available for you to use again

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

If you go to My Fitness Pal and open a free account there that you can link to your FitBit account and you can log all of your food there and it will pop up on your dashboard etc.

The My Fitness Pal programme allows you to save meals that you eat regularly so you can put in say 2 slices of wholemeal bread, small can of tuna, 50g of cucumber and then save it as a meal called My Tuna Sandwich...then whenever you eat it you just click one button and all of the food items get automatically entered. Saves tons of time for things you eat regularly

If you only eat half of it you can edit the entry to say that instead of 1 unit you only ate 0.5 of My Tuna Sandwich and it will only input half of the calories.

Eat a third of it....enter 0.33 of the sandwich and it will automatically calculate the calories for that.

You can also enter whole recipes in there so if you make your own curry or soup or cake etc you can enter in the weight/amount of each individual ingredient and then say how many portions it is. 

So you can enter all of the ingredients for a whole cake and then say that it makes 8 portions and add them individually in slices.

Or eat the whole thing as one whole portion and spend the rest of the day jogging to burn off the calories LOLSmiley Wink

Hope that makes sense....if you want any more info feel free to PM me

best wishes

Sky

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks very much for the help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes