Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of chicken and salad

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

I pull loads of recipes off of pinterest. Always heaps to choose from whatever ur dieting choices

Best Answer

Egg whites,microwaved salmon fillets ,cheese,russian black rye bread,cabbage,carrots,canned tuna,mixed beans,low sodium canned tomatoes,sardines,smoked or regular tofu,mushrooms,fruit,

Shirataki noodles,spaghetti squash .

Best Answer

Why chicken and salad?  I had meatloaf, sauteed spinach and 1/3 of a sweet potato for dinner.  Eat what you love, learn to make it healthier, measure out portions.  Makes life easier overall. 🙂  

Best Answer

Look at recipes sites and get new ideas.

emily bites, Skinny taste, drizzle me skinny.

Even Flatout website has some great sandwiches to make.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

This BLT is really good:

https://www.flatoutbread.com/recipes/blt-wrap-sandwich/

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Fish is very heart health and low cal as long as you don't drown it in creamy sauce.  Have beef or pork, just work with leaner cuts and cook fresh yourself in ways that require little to no added fat.  I like using a rotisserie for meats.  

Best Answer

Almost forgot the vegetarian options.  Rice and Beans can be done a million ways.   Tonight I made a meal out of hummus and celery.  A small portion of beef or pork may not be filling enough, so bulk up the meal with steamed veggies (not a salad) or a soup with lots of vegetables in it.  

Best Answer

Turkey chili

Best Answer

There is something about food prepping - makes calorie counting a breeze.  However, it does get old.  I've just gotten used to how many calories is x oz of chicken, beef, sea food, etc and mix it up!  salads, cauliflower rice, black beans... etc...

Best Answer

How does smokey spicy chicken thighs sounds? Both my kids and husband absolutely love this recipe.

Its seems to please everyone and it actually really healthy. I was so sick of lemon and pepper with chicken!

We used to have a electric smokers which was really convenient for because you could get lovely smoked flavors and use it in the house! However that one just broke and we just picked up the pit barrel cooker I was never really into smoked meats but after buying this new smoker, the flavors created without all the extra stuff like dressing and sauces is delicious!

Ingredients

6 chicken thighs with the skin on

1 cup olive oil

2 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons chili powder

1 tablespoon thyme

1 tablespoon garlic powder

2 tablespoons cayenne

1 tablespoon salt

2 tablespoon black pepper

Steps

Light your smoker and allow it to come up to a temperature of 200-220 degrees.

Mix all dry rub seasoning ingredients thoroughly.

Rub olive oil to fully coat the chicken thighs.

Sprinkle the mixed seasonings all over the chicken thighs to ensure they are fully coated with rub.

Lay your chicken thighs on the smoker rack and add smoker wood chips at the same time you add the meat. Apple, pecan, or cherry wood is ideal for this recipe.

It is recommended to ensure there is enough wood every hour. Smoke your chicken thighs for 2 hours and rotate them to ensure they cook evenly.

Total cooking time is 3 to 4 hours total depending on a variety of factors such as size of the thighs, temperature of the grill and outside, how windy it is, and how often you open the smoker lid which will let the heat out. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees.

Best Answer

@Bill_k wrote:

Egg whites,microwaved salmon fillets ,cheese,russian black rye bread,cabbage,carrots,canned tuna,mixed beans,low sodium canned tomatoes,sardines,smoked or regular tofu,mushrooms,fruit,

Shirataki noodles,spaghetti squash .

Or bust your **ahem** in the gym/on the pavement a couple extra hours a week and have a cheeseburger once in awhile.

Best Answer

Well i assumed from the post that they are fixated on rapid weight loss like so many here are . For sure as long as you have the calorie deficit thing figured out you and get in your protein and vegetables you can do other more fun things.

I go out every couple days to restaurants and eat one meal ,usually chinese food or vietnamese pho(my addiction) .

You can eat a lot of stuff if you burn  nearly 3000 cals a day and want a 1000 cal deficit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about making a stir-fry? You can cut up whatever veggies you like, whatever protein you like, make a sauce, and serve with brown rice. Or make kabobs with veggies and whatever protein you like. You can have soups, stews, casseroles. Some people bake a potato and throw in other veggies, protein, and a sauce. 

Best Answer

I walk more and eat pizza when I'm tired of chicken... lol

Half of a large Hungry Howie's Pepperoni pizza is about 1000 calories. That's usually around 5 slices of pizza. I just skip lunch and eat an early dinner..  🙂

Best Answer
sounds amazing!! I’m trying tonight! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, got tired of chicken and salad in the early days of my weight loss trend, and so did my husband (who was *not* trying to lose weight).  I went to a used book sale and bought "Fix It and Forget It Lightly", a cookbook to use the slow-cooker (i.e. Crock-Pot) that used all sorts of new things besides chicken.  Vegetable soup, beef and vegetable stew, chili with beans, were just some of the recipes I would make in the slow cooker in the morning, and come home to a low-carb meal already made, after work. I just bought the version of that book for diabetics, and added a couple of other "healthy cooking" books to my cookbook collection. Each week, I sit down and choose some of the recipes to make that week.  Both of the Fix It and Forget It books, as well as the other "healthy cooking" books, have nutritional facts listed per serving, so that I can add them to the FitBit food log.

Sometimes I have to do a little extra exercise, to burn off the potatoes or the (white) rice that are in a given recipe. (Brown rice has to wait for a weekend, regular brown rice takes so long to cook even in a rice cooker.)  

Donna 

Best Answer

Yes, I can help you with that . Do you cook? Do you need recipes? I can help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eat thin cut sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and sweet peppers when you get tired of chicken and salad.  

Best Answer
0 Votes