Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoothies

ANSWERED

I've been advised by my doctor to add more fresh fruit and veggies to my diet, to help lower my cholestrol. I've heard from a few people that a good way to do that is by making smoothies.  I eat pleanty of apples, organges, pineapple and grapes and I eat plenty of salads. I'd like to try different fruit and veggies, but I am a picky eater, so I know eating them will be a challenge for me.  That is why I've considered trying smoothies.  Has anyone else tried getting fruit and veggies this way? Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I shared the above smoothie recipe from my health and wellness facebook page.. so excuse the wording at the bottom 🙂 

https://www.facebook.com/Nourishh-1668651020062075/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kifferly, replacing dairy milk was was the hardest thing for me. When I have coffee (occasionally), or green tea, I only like it if I add some milk in it. Although I like almond milk with my breakfast (oats), it didn't work for me at first for my coffee and tea. About three months ago, I decided to try Soy milk. To my surprise (and delight!), soy milk did the trick. It was closer to my dairy milk (much creamier than Almond). So, that was the end of the dairy products in my diet. I used almond milk for breakfast, and soy milk for my tea. One day, I ran out of soy milk, and I used almond milk in my tea. Surprise! This time I liked it. So, now I only buy almond milk. 

Isn't it interesting how we need to train our taste buds to get them to like the right stuff? 🙂

Best Answer

@Bogdel I have yet to try  Soy or Almond Milk. I have NEVER liked milk..in fact the thought of even regular milk makes me nauseous (I know, a little dramatic Smiley Very Happy) , so I'm really nervous to try soy/almond milk.  I've been in the store, contemplating buying some a couple of times, but cannot bring myself to do it.  My husband likes both and buys them from time to time, so I think I'll get him to buy some and then I will try it.  Pray for me Smiley LOL

Best Answer

@InkedChic00 I just told my husband a few days ago that I needed to go to Aldi, so that I could get some spinach and pineapple to try this shake... it has been on my mind ever since I read your post and I've been dying to try it. I love pineapple and I love spinach.

I'm glad that I popped into this chat group today, because I'm reminded to head to Aldi TODAY when I get off!!  

Best Answer

@Kifferly, I was happy for you when I read that you never liked milk. Those of us who did, had to find a substitute in order to wean ourselves from that bad stuff. I've been reading recently "The Cheese Trap" by Neal D. Barnard, MD. It was very convincing that dairy products are not good for humans. So, since you don't like milk, you probbably don't need plant based milk either (i.e. almond milk, soy milk, etc. ). Happy you! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes