Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stir fry sauce

Is there a healthy recipe for stir fry sauce that doesn't have so much sodium and low on cal.?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I actually add sauce after I am done stir frying my veggies and it tastes really good. you can add it in the last minute of course, but.. its vinegar based and not everyone is a fan of that smell heated up.. I mix apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, tiny bit of honey, red pepper flakes. you can use low sodium soy sauce instead of salt if you like the color more brown. I am not a fan of garlic, but for true stir fry you would add garlic- I wouldn't do raw because it wouldn't cook out, I would do powder.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I add Sesame oil, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes and low sodium soy sauce for my stir fry. Since I am adding soy sauce, I don't add salt to my veggies. Ginger can be either grated or in the form of paste. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use this in place of Soy Sauce. Less sodium

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Bragg-Liquid-Aminos-Natural-Soy-Sauce-Alternative-16-fl-oz-473-ml/38027?gcl...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I typically use garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, low sodium soy sauce, and a touch of sriracha on my stir fry. Yes, it does get spicy sometimes but it is delicious with some rice when I am craving a touch of heat.

Best Answer
0 Votes