Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turkey!

Many thanks to those who read and gave their input to my food extract dilemma. I have learned that food extracts are essentially bottles of alcohol which have soaked in a specific food for flavor. It does have nutritional facts, but not much for a less-than-teaspoon serving. I tried some coconut extract with my oatmeal. Awesome!

Probably a more important question now arises: eating turkey. This is one of the healthiest meats available, has more protein per serving than chicken, and is considered a health-lovers' must (unless you are a vegetarian). Unfortunately, turkey breasts (the easiest way to consume this meat) are much harder to measure for nutritional facts than the individual chicken, beef, and fish pieces you can buy at the local supermarket.

I now ask the members of the fitbit community: For a bone-in turkey breast of varying weight around 3 pounds, how many 4 ounce servings of meat are there? This question can also be extended to boneless turkey breasts. I have a good idea what the nutritional facts of a 4 ounce serving of breast meat without skin is, but no clue how to guess the size of such a serving. And no, I don't have a mass scale in my kitchen and don't feel it would be necessary if I had a standard measurement of servings to go on for each pound of turkey breast. Appreciate your contributions!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@joggerjosh, 3 ounces of turkey or chicken (boneless & skinless) is about the size of a deck of cards. That is about the easiest way for me to remember the size of a portion.

Best Answer