Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you people eat for breakfast?

I eat 2 tablespoons of sprouts and a smoothie (i make use of seasonal fruits) with almond milk.

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Cereal

Eggs several different ways

Oatmeal

Always fruit no matter what I have

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Usually I have an egg with a little bit of cheese in the morning with a cup of tea. I have a mid morning snack of yogurt, chia and fruit.

Sometimes I have oatmeal.  It just depends on where I am with my weight loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a porridge addict. Every morning - porridge. Oats  ( 60g soaked in milk overnight ) + selection of fruits ( mostly banana, recently I found replacing regular bananas with matoke worked quite well too when I added some lemon zest 😉 ) + milk ( soy, almond, dairy free ) + chia seeds + (optional) pea/hemp protein powder. I eat breakfast after I'm done with morning gym. Just got used to it and find it really weird when I can't eat it that way 😄 I'm a creature of habit.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

I'm a porridge addict. Every morning - porridge. Oats  ( 60g soaked in milk overnight ) + selection of fruits ( mostly banana, recently I found replacing regular bananas with matoke worked quite well too when I added some lemon zest 😉 ) + milk ( soy, almond, dairy free ) + chia seeds + (optional) pea/hemp protein powder. I eat breakfast after I'm done with morning gym. Just got used to it and find it really weird when I can't eat it that way 😄 I'm a creature of habit.

Sounds very familiar and I have a similar kind of breakfast.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Coffee is A MUST to kickstart my brain. I feel so lazy and even feel like don't have a mood to do anything if i don't drink any coffee for the day.

Then a wholemeal bread, sometimes with the strawberry and maybe nutella. I am not eat a lot during breakfast, just like that, during 10 am (brunch) or maybe lunch time, that is the time i eat a lot, rice, burger, steak, or whatsoever anything heavy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rarely have breakfast. I learned that intermittent fasting is healthy (about 16 h after dinner), as it gives my body a chance to detox.

However, when I do eat breakfast, I usually

- soak 2 tbs of rolled oats

- 1 tbs chia seeds, and

- 1 tbs flax seeds (powdered - I run it through the coffee grounder) in

- 1/2- 1 cup of almond milk; ( soak the above for 15 min cold, or 1 1/2 min in the microwave)

Then, I add to it

- 1/2 banana and

- 1/2 cup blueberries (or any berries that I happen to have in the house).

I usually buy a big bag of organic blueberries (frozen) from Walmart, and keep it in the freezer. 

I learned the above recipe from Dr. Joel Fuhrman - an expert in nutrition and medicine. Here is a demonstration he offers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9fNO4MAVfU

Best Answer

Thought you may appreciate this video about intermittent fasting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8nCqXNMf2M

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I'm going to work:

A protein shake

or 2 hard boiled eggs and a cheese stick

a Jimmy Dean delight product.

weekends its usually eggs and sausage or bacon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

lots of water, bucket of coffee, plate full of fruit and a whole wheat waffle with a little syrup..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently it's been nothing, but am trying to break that bad habit.  A couple of items:

Toasted bread w/cheese

Smoothie (unflavoured protein powder, hemp hearts, oat flour, cocoa, fruit)

Eggs at times

'pancake' made out of mixed rice, egg & cheese

Fruit (if not taking a smoothie), working through home canned sour cherries at the moment

Protein bar (one that has 30g protein, 25g carbs, 8g fat)

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

I eat 40g oats with almond milk and 1 tsp almond butter

or

Poached egg & avocado

or

40g oats with 1 scoop protein powder and almond milk

or

Scrambled egg, smoked salmon & Rye Bread

Today I had Rye with smashed avocado & grilled halloumi

LOVE Breakfast  

Best Answer

I like the image of a bucket of coffee. 😄

Best Answer

Coffee, protein shake and a handful of vitamins/supplements (daily multi, B complex, collagen, probiotic). Sometimes swap out the shake for a bowl of cereal. Not a big morning eater, it makes me feel icky. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Overnight oats are my weekday breakfast.

I get up early and have a tight schedule so I make the oats ahead of time and can grab a container on the way out the door. I start my workday by eating at my desk while reading my email. I love the variety of flavors that I can make. Each week I choose a different flavor, but my favorite is blueberry banana. I'm allergic to nuts so I have to modify most recipes. I make adjustments to ensure I get the right amount of protein and fiber for the day.  Weekends I make eggs with spinach and turkey bacon. A hot meal is a nice alternative when I don't have a time constraint.

- 1/3 to 1/2 cup old fashioned oats

- 1 tsp chia seeds

- 1/3 cup greek yogurt

- 1/3 cup coconut milk (vanilla unsweetened)

- 1/3 cup coconut water 

- 1/2 banana

- 1/2 cup blueberries

No need for a sweetener unless desired

- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually just soft boil 1 egg and have 3/4 cup of Greek Yogurt (Kirkland) - the whole thing comes in at 170 cals and that much protein carries me through till lunch time, and I'm 6'2" tall and was over 200 lbs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A typical morning for me looks like this:

Awake @ 5AM

A few slices of apple or cantaloupe while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew.

1 cup of black coffee and a whey protein shake

[workout]

A large handful of gummi bears

A whey protein shake

4 slices of turkey bacon

3 eggs, scrambled with mushrooms and spinach (and rarely, a little cheese)

[go to work]

@ 10AM, second breakfast of oatmeal with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are quite a few calories there between 5am & 10am - is that food geared towards weight loss or is it geared more towards the physical activity you do? What do you eat the rest of the day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner in my case it depends on my plans. If I do workout then extra calories are added in the protein shake but in general, my breakfast isn't weight-loss breakfast. In fact, it's quite opposite right now as I'm working out to gain a bit of muscle mass. My breakfast usually is no less than 500kcal ( on non-workout days ) but not more than 700kcal ( on workout days ). I'm trying to keep it moderate in terms of providing energy. Also, I eat it always after the workout, never before ( there's no any sophisticated philosophy behind, I just don't have time for it 😄 ). During my weight-loss process, I limited my breakfast to the 200-300kcal at max. So extras like raisins were not in and proportions were pretty much halved but weight-loss or not - I've been eating that **ahem** porridge for a year now and I still love it 😄 Today breakfast ( with the morning workout, 15min light cardio as a warmup and weight training 30mins ) I consumed 680kcal. This is definitely not the weight-loss size of the meal but cutting all in half will probably produce suitable breakfast too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the delayed reply @SunsetRunner.

Believe it or not, my big breakfast is for weight loss.

I'm currently eating at a 750 calorie deficit. Breakfast and my post-workout meal are the largest meals and the total calories per meal decline over the course of the day. For reference, my workouts (according to Fitbit) only burn approx 250-300 calories over the course of the 50-60 minutes I lift weights. No intense cardio right now due to injury but I do walk a few miles daily as well as my steps from normal day to day activity around the home and office.

As I mentioned, around 10AM, I have a second breakfast of oatmeal with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt. Lunch is generally leafy greens or veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, or squash with a lean meat (tuna, turkey, chicken breast). For dinner, I typically eat a similar meal to my lunch - complex carbs like brown rice, a lean protein, and vegetables.

I track everything I eat, calories and macros, to insure I'm eating well balanced meals. The result over the last 6 weeks has been just over 1 pound lost per week. Watching the fat slowly melt away has been incredibly satisfying.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Best Answer
0 Votes