Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper percentage of Carbs and protein to consume to stay losing weight?

I am trying to drop weight. Still trying to figure everything out. I was 249lbs and now I am roughly 198lbs.

As I enter my food into my log I see the percentage of carbs and protein almost equaling out. Carbs ranging from 40%-45% with protein making up the difference. Do I need to drop my carbs percentage more?

my diet consist of steak, chicken, Pure protein bars and and Greek Crunch yogurt. and only water and O.J for beverages. Do I need to change things? if so what food. I do walk a avg of 10k steps a day as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Seems like what you're doing is working.  Why change?

If you've plateaued, you could lower your appetite by reducing carbs and add fat or protein.  Fat works better for me.  I've found just 1/4 of an avocado in the morning helps me get to lunch with no cravings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no good or bad ratio of macronutrients. The minimum requirement for each macronutrient is relatively low: since your diet is high on protein and carbs, you would perhaps need to make sure you’re eating enough fat (fat is needed for hormonal balance, and it also help with protein absorption). Weight loss is determined primarily by energy balance (macronutrients have a smaller impact), so you need to remain in a deficit if you want to continue losing weight. OTOH, you may want to have a look at this discussion on the "dreaded plateau" in order to decide whether it is optimal to carry on what you are doing, or whether it would make sense to stay at maintenance for a while, before starting the next chunk of weight loss.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes