Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for dinner?

Anyone want to share?

Mine was a cup of brown rice with a little taco seasoning, morningstar farms burger crumbles, 1/4c mexican cheese, and chopped tomatoes. YUM! 

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

I'm going to make chicken tacos.  🙂  After I work out!

Best Answer

I had a taco salad. Lean ground beef, lots of fresh lettuce and spinach, low fat shredded cheese with low fat sour cream and fresh tomato salsa 🙂

Sounds like it was mexican food night for us! lol

Best Answer

Braised beef with onions, carrots and parsnips

Roast potatos in goose fat

Roast sprouts in oilive oil

1000cals ish

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer

Today I made sushi rolls along with honey glazed salmon.  I have to say it was delicious.  

Now I am fueled up for my morning walk tomorrow!

Best Answer

Haggis, suede, carrots and celeriac - a lower carb version of a Burn's Supper!

Best Answer

Shiritaki with low fat home made sauce, chicken meat balls and low fat cheese

Best Answer
0 Votes

One of my favorites is one that's pretty simple to make. It's called Rigatoni with Sausage and Kale.

Here's the recipe

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer

I don't know yet. I am sitting at 323 calories left to eat for today (though that will increase given I've got a workout and walk home on the way)... thinking some chickpeas, salsa, kim chi and nutritional yeast. it's a quick old favourite for when I can't be bothered (though usually it has avocado, but given the lunch function at work I probably have to leave it out).

What are burger crumbles?

Best Answer

I plan for the week and do not mind having the same protein for dinner during the work week. I buy thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts ( 3 oz each)  I take 5 and put some steamed brocoli and a little low fat cheese in the center and roll up, place seam side down in crockpot.  1 can reduced cal, low fat, or healthy verison cream of celery or brocolli soup, add 3/4 can skim milk pour over top. cook on low heat 8-10 hours, portion out to 1 per night.  I cook up different veggies for each night, Monday- brocolli; Tues-brussel sprouts, Wed-Asparagus; Thurs-Cauliflower, Fri- brocolli.

low cal, low fat, low carb and filling.

Best Answer

I cook on Sunday for the week, too, @Annie-NH. This past week I had a lentil carrot soup. Lo-cal, nutritous and delicious.

Best Answer

Greek Turkey Meatloaf with roasted vegetables.

The meatloaf was based on this recipe:  http://www.recipegirl.com/2015/05/26/greek-style-turkey-burgers/

I added an egg and 60g of quick oats (tend to use this instead of breadcrumbs).  I worked Saturday and Sunday and had a number of 500g packages of ground turkey and no energy to do fancy stuff with them.  I'd actually looked out a couple of recipes for burgers but ended up splitting them in half and packing them into plastic containers.  I lifted one out of the freezer last night and when I came home flipped it into a small casserole dish, squished it a bit and cooked at 350F for an hour.  I put some potoatoes in before for 20 mins at 425 and then added halved grape tomatoes, onion, green beans, and cauliflower with some vegetable oil and garlic tossed in (pepper over top).

I figured the meatloaf would be bland (should have used fresh garlic, onion, etc. once I knew it wasn't going to be hamburgers).  So I heated up some tomato sauce and poured it over to serve.  I was doing other things - I had planned to pour the sauce over 15-20 mins before serving and take the lid off.

It was actually quite tasty, and 560 calories total.

Greek Turkey 1.jpg

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

I prefer to use quick oats in my meatloaf too.  The breadcrumbs seem to make it, uh, how to put this, difficult to digest.  

Best Answer

My boyfriend got these Beyond Meat "Beyond Chicken" strips, and I found on their website a very simple recipe: Cook up some quinoa, halve some grape tomatoes, slice a cucumber, slice 1/4 of a red onion (I was out, so I used a shallot), saute six of the strips (I used 12 for two servings). Arrange on a plate, splash with lemon juice, and serve with hummus.

If you prefer not to use food that's too processed, I guess you could use tofu or tempeh instead.

It was so good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cooking a pork tenderloin tonight with a bunch of roasted veggies. 

Quick and easy since its a one pan meal. I season the pork with a little salt and pepper, garlic powder, sometimes chilli powder. Then chop up carrots, broccoli, mushrooms (or whatever your go to veggies are). Toss in a bowl with a little oil, season with salt and pepper.Pour onto the sheet tray and roast away for about 20-25 min. Should be done exactly at the same time as the pork. 

I typically make a gravy as well with it but only because I absolutely LOVE gravy. 

Eat well, everyone!

Best Answer

Mango Chicken Taco - about 325 cals:

1 Tortilla (I use a 120 cal tortilla - can save some by shopping)

4 oz grilled chicken (I chip mine to 1/4 inch)

2 Tbsp Mango/Pineapple/Orange Spread (one under meat one on top)

1 Tbsp Mayo

1 Tbsp Green Onion

1/8 cup tomatoes

Good stuff!

Best Answer

Sounds good, @Daymare.

I made a stuffed acorn squash. I roasted the acorn squash and filled it with lentils, onion, garlic, soy sauce and vinegar:

https://www.tastemade.com/shows/raw-vegan-not-gross/lentil-and-mushroom-stuffed-acorn-squash

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roast chicken (split and flattened so it could be cooked and eaten even after a late night at work.

Baked rice (a blend of brown and wild rice)

Roasted green beans (okay, I really put frozen beans under the chicken)

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

I'm being a techy-geek cook tonight.  I have souvlaki marinated pork chops on a bed of frozen green beans cooking in the oven.  I have my remote thermometer with me while I type, only another 40F to go.  100% hindsight I should have taken them out of the fridge when I came home so they were coming to room temp while I was working out.  I still have some baked brown rice to warm up when it comes to serving time.

I love my little remote probe.  I bought it years ago and it means I don't have to constantly check chickens,  roasts, steaks, chops, etc.  in the over or barbecue.  If I don't catch it a degree or two before I want to it will beep when it's ready.

Best Answer

Roasted Beef Filet with Pear-Cranberry Chutney

Sides - baked rice blend, mixed beans

Total was 463 calories

Cranberry Pear.jpg

Best Answer