Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for dinner?

Anyone want to share?

Mine was a cup of brown rice with a little taco seasoning, morningstar farms burger crumbles, 1/4c mexican cheese, and chopped tomatoes. YUM! 

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
Chicken enchilada stack from Yard House. After a week of eating clean, I decided to cheat. (I only ate half)
Best Answer
0 Votes

A vegie Curry, served with jasmine rice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had an Apple! 😄

Best Answer

Pasta w/ broccoli, tomatoes and sausage

1 tbsp olive oil

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1

lb Italian Sausage, casings removed

1 15oz can diced tomatoes, w/ juiceed

1lb past of your liking (I use Callentani)

1lb broccoli florets, fozen

Directions:

Warm oil in med. skillet over med-high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 sec. Add sausage and cook, about 6 min. Add tomatoes with juice, and ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally until most of juice has evaporated and sauce has thickened about 10 min

While sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. stir in pasta and cook according to package. In last 2 min of cooking time stir in broccoli and finish cooking. Drain, return to pot toss with sauce. Serve with shredded parmesan

Serving Size 226 g
About 8 servings

Amount Per Serving
Calories
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
18.9g
29%
Saturated Fat
5.6g
28%
Trans Fat
0.1g
Cholesterol
48mg
16%
Sodium
560mg
23%
Potassium
476mg
14%
Total Carbohydrates
49.1g
16%
Dietary Fiber
4.2g
17%
Sugars
4.3g
Protein
20.5g

Vitamin A 12%Vitamin C 92%
Calcium 6%Iron 18%
Nutrition Grade B
*Based on a 2000 calorie diet 

Best Answer

Wow @SunsetRunner, your recipe sounds delicious! I should try that today. Smiley Wink

I love broccoli but I'm having a hard time adding it to my meals, usually I only eat it as a side dish or in a salad with a pinch of salt and lemon juice. 

Thank you for sharing! Robot wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit let me know how you like it. I love the light tomato sauce of this dish. I wouldn't suggest saving left overs longer than a day or two, it sours quickly.     Another fav at my house to include broccoli is this easy tilapia dish. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/70163/easy-baked-tilapia/

Best Answer

Great recipe @SunsetRunner! Made it yesterday and was so easy and quick to make. I didn't have sausages, so I used some Spanish chorizo I had from a previous day and turned out amazing!. I'll make sure to try the easy-baked tilapia recipe you recommended. Thanks! Robot wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tend to eat .75 to 1 lb of chicken breast for dinner. Dice it up, fry it in about a tbs of butter, douse it in whatever spice I want (Frank's Red Hot is a staple, but I do a blend of Italian herbs, taco seasons, bbq pork rub, lemon/garlic, plain old salt and pepper, salsas of various kind (peach salsa is sweet and spicy!), whatever sauce is in the fridge without too much sugar, mango/jalapeno/garlic). Salmon replaces chicken once a week (bought it in bulk and it's my treat when I have time to cook it).

Then it's a pack of frozen veggies with butter, salt, pepper, garlic and sometimes cayenne. Usually brussel sprouts, broccoli, peas or green beans or spinach or zucchini/yellow squash with onions.

I generally eat a small orange or kiwi while cooking. 

Another big favorite of mine is stuffed peppers. Ground beef/pork/turkey with spinach, onions, shredded carrot (for color, mostly), garlic, and sometimes cheese. Fill half a raw pepper (I like the crunch; baking them makes them soft and waterlogged, I think).

If I want food NOW then I make a 2-egg omlette with a sprinkle of cheese. Might add whatever leftover veggie from the previous night if it's there and I have sufficient patience. Or, a quick salad with canned tuna/chicken/salmon + chopped hardboiled eggs, tomato, spinach, carrot and a mustardy dressing. 

Best Answer

Chicken breast fillets with McCormick Montreal steak seasoning grilled on my George Foreman grill and big handful of sauteed spinach in olive oil.

I just bought a George Foreman grill last month and it is one of the best purchases I've made: it grills the fillets in under 10 minutes, super easy to clean, and I can easily grill chicken for tomorrow's lunch while I eat dinner.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

The best dish we had in 2 days of Thanksgiving eating was a recipe from Bon Apetit.   Carrots in a wonderful sauce that would have made sawdust taste great.  It was  for 8 servings supposedly but there was enough sauce for lots more carrots and 6 of us ate it all.    Preheat oven to 425.

2 (or 4) pounds of carrots ....     2 Tablespoons vegetable oil ................            salt

Toss carrots and oil season with the salt.  Roast, turning occasionally,  (my daughter thought they would have been just as good boiled)

1 small shallot, sliced thin,     2 red chiles (fresh) sliced,       1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced (maybe grated) ,  2 garlic cloves sliced,   2 tablespoons fish sauce (or substitute plain vinegar as we did for allergy)    2 Tablespoons sugar,  juice of one lime,   1 Tablespoons mayonnaise,  1/8  or 1/4 cup vegetable oil.  

Mix shallot, chiles, ginger garlic fish sauce (or vinegar) sugar, and 2 Tablespoons water to a gentle simmerand cook 8 minutes.  You don't want too much reduction, so simmer not boil.  Let cool.  Transfer to a blender add lime juice and mayonnaise, and blend until smooth.  Add oil.  Drizzle dressing over carrots before serving. 

This surely doesn't have the jillion calories like green beans n cream mushroom soup and fried onions or sweetpotatoes and marshmallows.   It is my new Thanksgiving favorite.  Glenda D

Best Answer

Tonight we're having Skinnytaste Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp over salad and probably a veggie (rosted broccoli I think).  We eat a lot of Skinnytaste stuff----her recipes are so awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This evening was slow cooker Beef Stew, with carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, garlic, and spices. A fulfilling meal with lots of nutrition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to eat fresh tuna for dinner. I think is very light and it doesn't mess with my sleep. Usually when I eat red meat for dinner I have problems sleeping, and sometimes nightmares, not sure why. I love fish and could eat it all day! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had fresh salmon with lemon and dill baked in the oven, spaghetti squash with some pepper, steamed green beans and a garden salad with Italian dressing! My favorite 🙂 

Canadian, gymnast, nurse, snowboarder
Best Answer

I had some leftovers from a bagged salad, so I cubed a block of tofu, dredged in tofu and spices, sauted, and ate some of the cubes with the salad. I'll have to get another salad kit to eat the rest of my tofu.

Best Answer

Homemade tacos tonight!

• 4 corn tortillas (200)
  • Lightly fried in corn oil (80)
  • 4.5oz carnitas (400)
  • 1/4 cup guacamole (200)
  • 2oz shredded cheese (200)
  • Lettuce 
  • Cilantro and lemon juice 
  • 1 beer (120)
  • Total: 1,200 calories

Amazing! 

Best Answer

@strawberry_ Wow, tacos! I love tacos, it is one of my favorite foods! I've been thinking about this since last week. I think this is a sign for me to get some tacos, I'll try doing them myself! Thanks for the idea! Smiley Very HappyHeart

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some homemade rigatoni (my first attempt, well second - the first one left me picking bits of too dry dough out of the extruder), homemade meatballs in a tomato sauce (raiding the freezer) and a sprinkle of cheese.

Yum

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Roasted miso aubergine, very easy and extremely tasty. 

Best Answer

Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meal; 

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/griddled-tuna-kinda-ni-oise-salad/

Tuna steak with warm bean salad and a basil dressing.

NUTRITION PER SERVING

Calories 491 25%
Fat 20.9g 30%
Saturates 4.5g 23%
Protein 33.8g 75%
Carbs 37.7g 15%
Sugars 8.5g 9%

I only eat 3 oz of the Tuna and am low carb so I don't eat the bread, but the rest of the family LOVES it.

Best Answer