Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for dinner?

Anyone want to share?

Mine was a cup of brown rice with a little taco seasoning, morningstar farms burger crumbles, 1/4c mexican cheese, and chopped tomatoes. YUM! 

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Today I made homemade pizza from leftovers. I had some leftover tomato paste and some grape tomatoes which I added to the food processor with oregano and basil to make a quick tomato sauce. I put that on top of some naan bread that I bought. I added shredded carrot (leftover from making carrot cake) and topped with some bitter greens. I baked it at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Yummy and I have enough for leftovers for a couple of days.

Best Answer

Steak, roasted brussels sprouts (reheated in a pan with some butter).  I'm loving my new indoor grill.  I've been using it to prep lunches.  After tonight I have steak, boneless center cut pork chops, and a few chicken thighs to choose from for tomorrow's lunch.

Steak.jpg

I need to roast some potatoes and/or make some baked rice tomorrow.  I didn't have either and didn't start thinking about dinner until almost 7pm.  I do now have to find a few more calories to eat for the day though.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker Wow, that steak looksso perfect! You made me so hungry right now haha. That's for sure a great dinner! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am hooked on Skinny Ms slow cooker recipes. Tonight I'll be fixing up "Slow Cooker Chicken Sweet Potato Chowder":

http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-chicken-sweet-potato-chowder/

Yields: 6 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 230 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 460mg | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 21g | SmartPoints: 6

The recipes on that site are pretty tasty overall and I love that they give all the nutrition information. It makes logging the meals wicked easy.

Best Answer

@MercyIsleSiren- nice site, I bookmarked it for later.  As a rule I avoid sites pushing 'lite' recipes.  Partly because I often have trouble getting enough calories in so I'm not looking for super low-cal recipes.  Also, some of them use a lot of items I just don't have (lite, low-fat, etc.).  Her recipes look good though so I'll look at them more.

@SantiR- this coming summer I'll be getting a farm share from a local organic farm.  Not sure if it's a think where you live but basically you pick up (or get delivered) fresh veggies each week.  I'm looking forward to it as I think it will force me to find recipes for things I would never purchase.  They also sell eggs (free range hens), berkshire pork, angus beef, and chicken.  I'm likely going to get items from them there too - forcing myself out of my comfort zone.  Dieting or not I think a lot of us fall into a routine with what we eat.  Having said all that, I'm really loving my new grill.  My outdoor bbq is dripping ice (we had a mini ice-storm) and I suspect I won't use it until April.  Tonight I had a mixed grill (nice way to say leftovers) of pork, chicken, and steak.  Added roasted brussels sprouts and make some mashed potato to go with it (leftovers of this now as well).  I had some fixings for salad, but I think I'll end up taking that for lunch tomorrow with the chicken I grilled tonight.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker Sounds delicious! You know, getting organic veggies, eggs or meat from local organic farms is great! I also get some fresh organic veggies every Saturday because I go to a local organic farm and I can tell you... those are the best tasting veggies I ever tried. You can even get them for free if you volunteer to help out on the farm for the day! The flavor is pure and its the best, I think organic food is the future for our wellness. When we buy veggies from the supermarket we truly don't know if those veggies were grown using pesticides or other chemicals which can harm our organism in long term.

Another thing that I'm looking forward to is auto-growing. To grow veggies in my house! That is the future, I think, for healthy eating! 

Hopefully, you will be able to use your new grill before April! I think this summer will be great for you, specially because of the BBQ's with family and friends! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had cauliflower rice with chicken and fried halloumi pieces, I added  microwave steam veg bag to it and spring onions.

Best Answer

@SantiR- the new grill is an indoor one.

I'm starting to pour through cookbooks I own with a plan to do a little more cooking than I usually do.  I've been relying on quick grilled food and bulk roasted veggies for (perhaps) a little too long.  I used to enjoy trying new recipes and experimenting so I'm going to push myself back to it.

Best Answer

One boiled egg and a cup of non-fat yogurt. Or, 100g of chicken breast with one boiled egg. 

Best Answer

Salsa poached shrimp with a side of grilled red onion and asparagus

IMG_20170218_184829.jpg

Just under 600 calories with 12oz of shrimp, 6 oz of each of the veggies with a splash of balsamic on the vegetables and a bit of parmesan on the top. I shopped on Friday without a full list (I'd meant to add potato, but that's a cop out because I could have made some rice). Normally on one of the weekend days I go out for lunch, but not this weekend. So I did my normal (skipped breakfast) but didn't have the high calorie lunch to make up for it. I was going to make the shrimp with butter, garlic, lemon etc. but it was pretty much the only item that was slightly freezer burned when I defrosted it today. Poaching it lightly in the salsa covered any issues (or they weren't as bad as I thought).

So I'll need to find something later to keep my calories higher.  Although I'm technically not counting calories at the moment I am keeping an eye on any new dish to see if they are high or low.  So today so far, roughly:

Late morning snack

2 fruit cups (juice packed)

Lunch

grilled souvlaki (chicken & pork)

roasted green & yellow beans

Afternoon snack

2 clementines

Dinner

Above meal

Current calorie total:  just under 1400

2429 to eat (I haven't actually logged anything, but sigh... too low)

Best Answer

Tonight I had Ahi tuna with a yogurt curry sauce and a side of strawberries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am cooking stew with barley and a mix of mushrooms for tonight, from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I made Falafel Burgers...

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5605/falafel-burgers

They were amazing! Definitely one for the "make regularly" recipe pile.

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

True confessions:

Shared:

steamed edamame, calamari

Entrée:

curried chicken with basmati rice, apricots, almonds, flatbread

Dessert:

chocolate mousse torte with goat's milk caramel, raspberry jam, pistachios

Worth every last calorie.  Woman Tongue It was actually a nice enough place that the portions were not huge.  I passed on the wine, skipped breakfast, and took some veggie pizza and mostly salad at lunch.  Some days you have to enjoy the company and splurge a little.

Best Answer

image.jpeg

Stuffed eggplants filled with pork mince, spinach, feta and mushrooms

Charge 2 | Favourite exercises include weights, running from zombies and dungeon delving | Does cardio so that she can drink altogether too much craft beer
Best Answer

Making a couscous gratin for today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This evening it was home made slow cooker Chili.  It was delicious!  Smiley Happy

Chili.jpg

Best Answer

I had an exciting dinner while I was at work!! 😄

Organic peanut butter sandwich (multi-grain bread with quinoa), and some blueberries, slices of cucumber, and a beautiful clementine haha.

Twenty something nursing student ❤ | Charge 2 | iPhone | Windows 8.1
Best Answer

Funny mine was mexican themed as well.. I used an ezekiel wrap, black beans, cheese, avocado in the wrap with a side salad.  🙂  bon appetite 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I cooked roasted quinoa with potatoes and cheese as well as kidney beans flavoured with mushrooms and garlic.

IMG_0204[1].JPG

IMG_0206[1].JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes