Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for dinner?

Anyone want to share?

Mine was a cup of brown rice with a little taco seasoning, morningstar farms burger crumbles, 1/4c mexican cheese, and chopped tomatoes. YUM! 

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Did a bunch of cooking on Saturday so that I didn't need to cook during the week.  I cooked italian sausages, chicken thighs (in kind of a hot sauce mix), small amount of beef stew (really just added mushrooms to something I'd made earlier), and a large tray of roasted veggies (frozen green and yellow beans, asparagus, onion, garlic, seasonings).  Some of it is going for lunch as well.  I was going to make some mixed salad base (farro, onion, peppers, celery) but didn't get to it - but should have.  Will maybe do that tomorrow after work.

Oh, and made a large amount of cheese tortellini with bacon, onion, peas, etc. and ended up freezing it in portions.  Not sure how it will thaw and reheat, but I'd ended up with way too much stuff.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to bring my lunch and dinner to work two days a week, and although there are microwaves available, it is a lot more convenient to pack a cold meal.  I have been enjoying 4-5 oz of hummus with celery sticks.  I know that is a large serving of hummus, but it is my meal, not a snack.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tonight, my mother will cook a Mexican dish that I love. It is called Caldo Tlalpeno and is awesome! So healthy, is this kind of soup, will have to stop by and have some! It looks like this: 

Caldo TlalpenoCaldo Tlalpeno

You can search for the recipe on Google or Youtube! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I ate grass fed hot dogs without nitrates or nitrites and bacon. With green juice made of mixed baby kale, coconut water in small amounts, and lemon and salt.
Best Answer

Looks really good and easy.

Best Answer

My dinner turned out to be vegan today.

Cooked wholegrain brown basmati rice (flavoured with garlic, ginger and lemongrass) served with an Asian stir fry. Below the ingredients I used for the stir fry today.

2 tbsp of a neutral oil (I used grapeseed oil)

ginger

garlic

chili

lemongrass

2 medium carrots I had for leftovers

170 grams of leek that I had for leftovers

1.3 dl of water

600 grams of Chinese cabbage

325 grams of tofu that I fried beforehand in grapeseed oil into crunchy croutons

2 tbsp of soy sauce

1 tsp of sesame oil

(and I so forgot to add the sesame seeds today :(, but it was still great!)

Together with the 300 grams of rice it will feed 4 and is 480 calories for each portion.

IMG_0292[1].JPG

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Tonight is a new favorite of mine....chicken quesadilla (1/2 avocado/2 oz chicken breast/salsa in a tortilla) with sweet potato wedges

I add dessert on Fridays to head off any sugar cravings over the weekend.....tonight is 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips mixed with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made a big batch of roast veggies yesterday (750g frozen green & yellow beans, 750g frozen broccoli pieces, ~1lb asparagus, 1 large purple onion cut in slices, a pint of grape tomatoes that were on sale cut in half).  Combined with chopped garlic and some basil, and roasted for a while - wasn't really paying attention, then divided into 6 servings.  Tonight I put one serving under two homemade green chili turkey burgers, added a bit of tomato sauce and baked them until they were done.  Since I'm doing maintenance this week I put two single serving balderson cheese on them close to when they were ready.

That was dinner - but lunch was a homemade veggie/farro salad with feta cheese and cut up chicken (I grilled a lot a while back and vac sealed them in portions for the freezer).  I started the day with a baked egg cup (shredded potatoes, sausage, mushrooms, eggs, cheese) and have snacked on an orange and some grapes during the day.

For those that track such things:

Dinner (526 without the cheese, 706 with it)

110 calories - roasted veggies

80 calories - 1/2 cup tomato sauces

336 calories - 2 turkey burgers

180 calories - 2 pieces cheese

Lunch (575 calories)  <-- normally I do a single portion with extra veggies, but no shopping today

225 calories - homemade veggie/farro salad (~1.5 servings)

100 calories - feta cheese

250 calories - dark meat (5oz) chopped

Breakfast (~350 calories)

Baked egg cup with shredded potatoes, mushrooms, sausage, cheese

Added to this has been an orange, some grapes, oh and some frozen protein pudding pops.  Considering I'm trying to do maintenance I haven't really eaten enough.  Sigh... will have to go look for something else to eat.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cider Mushroom Brisket 

mashed potatoes 

steamed broccoli and cauliflower

471 calories total, quite full, actually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eggroll in a bowl. Ground chicken, shiitake mush, half cabbage, napa cabbage, shredded carrots, a little sesame oil, grated ginger and garlic, coconut aminos, yellow onion, a little S&P. No egg roll wrapper. Found a recipe on Pinterest and will definitely make again! Try it you guys 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use ground almonds or almond flour in place of bread crumbs.  It keeps things moist.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi can you share the recipe with me.. I love salmon thanks a lot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow... reading everyone else's meals mine is not near as healthy! Cheeseburger with bacon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made tacos hmm 80/20 ground beef I put in extra lettuce sour cream cheese and tomatoes measured all ingredients in grams so I know what I'm eating all together and I had one beer 

Best Answer

thanks i am going to make it looks so easy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rubina, whose recipe do you want?

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks it was sushi salmon rolls 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this: http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Salmon-and-Cucumber-Sushi-1407284

I use sugar substitute for lower Calories and because I am  diabetic, but I really enjoy this sushi.

Having said that, tonight's dinner was 2 tomatoes, sliced, cooked in a hot, dry frying pan and served on toast with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I made basil lemon salmon with a basil mango sauce, which I served with a side salad.

Here's the recipe for the sauce https://ciaoflorentina.com/mango-sauce-recipe/

The salmon I just winged. I put it in aluminum foil with lemon juice and some basil leaves. I cooked it at 400 F for 15 minutes. The salmon itself was delicious and the basil mango sauce was a perfect addition. @Rubina - if you like salmon, I recommend this.

Best Answer

Thank you so much I will definitely  make it I love salmon yummy

Best Answer
0 Votes