Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with practically unlimited eggs?

I have pet chickens.

Chickens lay eggs

Chickens lay LOTS of eggs

Ranch Eggs, soft boiled eggs on toast, an a fried egg on top of everything is about my limit

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Those sort of cupcake omlet thingies could be nice?

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Get friends who are into bodybuilding, power lifting or other similar sports: they will be happy to help you out with this "problem" Smiley LOL.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First off, I love your goal of 140 by the end of the year. That's my goal too. I'm about 25 away from it.

Anyway

Egg salad, omelettes, quiches (the crustless quiches in cupcake tins are nice), and frankly anything French.  Look into sauces like hollandaise (basically egg yolks and butter) and experiment with whipped egg whites (cloud eggs  /  meringues).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Zucchini, Corn & Egg Casserole

• 5 cups shredded zucchini and/or summer squash (about 3 medium)
  • 2 tablespoons light butter or margarine
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion
  • Pinch of salt, plus ¼ teaspoon, divided
  • 1½ cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
  • 1¼ cups low fat cottage cheese
  • 1 cup crumbled low fat feta cheese
  • ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
  • 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (or similar-size 3-quart baking dish) with cooking spray.

2 Place squash on a clean kitchen towel, gather up the edges and squeeze out excess moisture.

3 Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the squash and a pinch of salt; cook until very soft and dry; about 4 minutes more.

4 Transfer the squash mixture to a large bowl. Add corn, cottage cheese, feta, bell pepper, dill, flour, baking powder, pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and stir until well combined. Stir in eggs. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.

5 Bake the casserole until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Serves 8 with approximately 200 calories per serving

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chop up Kale, peppers, Brussel sprouts, and other veggies, stir fry, add an egg or two at the end for a yummy, healthy and easy meal. 

Hard boil eggs and take them for lunch.

There are lots of great things to do with eggs. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Turns out egg yolks are gorgous

Last nights tea was onions, garlic, chopped tomatoes, bakes beans (had no more toms), various spicey things, 4 whole eggs, 4 egg yolks.

Probably should have portioned it better,

Charge HR 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Egg yolks are very nutritious, but they are also very high in calories (because of the fat content). If you want to lose 60 pounds during the course of this year (as suggested by your signature), there are only so many you can fit in your diet each day, if you want to leave room for anything else.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A crustless quiche could be a good option. Cut out some of the butter and cheese if necessary, and pack in some greens and lean protein.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

lucky you with all those eggs full of goodness.....

you could try my Italian egg recipe 

eggs are simmered in a hearty less sugar tomato sauce before being drizzled with grape seed oil, spattered with parsley and sprinkled with Parmesan or any low fat cheese; super easy and super delicious:

give it a whirl you love it and if you need anymore egg receipies let me know I will send you some x

Best Answer

Hi there,

I keep hens too and have lots of egg based recipes.

If you aren't watching your weight then this one for Egg Nog is brilliant...keeps well in the fridge too...Pretty easy recipe is as follows:

A    1 Cup Sifted Icing Sugar 
B    2 Pints light Cream [or half and half] 
C    8 Eggs separated
D    1 and a half pints Bourbon, Rum or Brandy
E    1 Tablespoon Nutmeg

Gently mix the sugar and cream until it's smooth and combined.

Whisk the Egg whites until fluffy [soft peaks] and fold into cream mix with a metal spoon until combined

in a separate bowl beat the beat the yolks and fold in.

Stir in bourbon, cover and place in fridge to chill.

Lick the bowl clean [hahahaha hic hic]

Ladle into cups, sprinkle with a little nutmeg, grated chocolate or a squirt of cream if you don't care about the calories.

I know a lot of people are against eating uncooked eggs but I have never ever had a problem eating my own hens eggs raw but if you are at all worried then here is a link to a cooked version of the liqueur

Hope that helps!
Have plenty more tried and tested egg recipes I can give you.
Send me a friend request if you'd like them and I'll email them to you direct
Sky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me again,

This one is quite good too - uses 4 eggs

Spicy Cupcakes

[I make mine with a mixture of almond flour, soy flour and coconut flour instead of the wheat but they still come out super tasty]

a    1 Cup Butter
b    1.5 Cups Sugar - 
c    4 Eggs
d    4 cups sifted Flour
e    1 Teaspoon Nutmeg or any spice or flavouring
f    1/2 Tspn Baking Soda
g    1 Cup Milk

Cream A and B until fluffy
Add C one at a time beating after each one
Sift DEF and add to mix alternately with milk until well blended
Spoon into Cupcake pans lined with cupcake papers
Lick the bowl Smiley Tongue
Bake at  350 f  for 20 - 25 mins til done
Cool in pan for 5 mins then remove to a rack to cool completely

Sky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you asked neighbors if they want or even sell them?

I buy them from a local ranch all the time. I'm sure others around you would as well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to, my new neighbours are less neighbourly

Charge HR 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DominicJThat's too bad. I would take them if I was close Smiley Very Happy Fresh eggs are the best

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have chickens too, and usually around 10-12 dozen eggs in the fridge at any given time. Quiches are great because they use anywhere from 6-10 plus you can mix up several at a time, freeze, and seal for those months when the girls are molting. 

Pickled eggs are kind of awesome, IMO. I have a sweet jalapeno pickle I toss them in by the dozens. Once they're pickled, they totally change in texture and are good chopped up and tossed on a salad. It's an acquired taste tho...

IDK how you normally eat... I'm primal/paleo and eggs are always being used as binders for things like cauliflower or spaghetti squash "breads" as well as a grain-free thickener for coconut milk based sauces like this one on spaghetti squash.

At the end of the day tho, unless you just have 2 or 3 hens (Chicken math, 3 hens = 9 hens) you can't possibly eat them all unless that's all you eat. Pop some notes up that you have fresh eggs for sale... I got all the customers I can handle at my gym in one afternoon, lol

Best Answer