Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Diets Fail & How To Fix It

A good, short article on why diets fail and ways to make it work.

Any diet that drastically reduces the amount of calories allowed each day – fewer than 1200 calories for a woman or 1500 calories for a man – sets you up to fail.  When calories fall that low you get hungry or more likely “hangry.”  Chronically feeling hungry generally indicates your diet is imbalanced or inadequate causing your body to conserve energy, resisting weight loss. 

Instead, choose healthy foods that boost satiety keeping you feeling fuller longer – foods high in lean protein such as eggs or Greek yogurt, poultry, fish, beans and lentils.  Fiber-filled foods also create satiety – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils.  Don’t shy away from healthy fats from avocados, nuts, seeds, and extra virgin olive oil. 

Read the full article here: 3 reasons diets fail and how to fix that

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

This is so true!

I talked to someone the other day and they were saying they eliminated all fat. Huh?????

You need it in your diet. I love avocado, nuts and seeds and use olive oil when cooking. You just do not need a lot and I think that's where the misconception comes in for some people.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Diets fail because its not realistic.  What I eat is not considered a diet and helps me stay in excellent shape. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love never having to diet again.  All my life I thought a diet was something you did until you got to a magical number and then you were cured of weight.  It's a lie. Diets don't work.  Changing your diet does work to a certain point.  Changing what is in your brain gets you long term results.

Best Answer
0 Votes