Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Vegan

ANSWERED

Someone close to me has recently become a vegan. I'd like to know a little more about it. What are your reasons to be a vegan? What are some of the positives but also some of the negatives?

Thanks for your input 

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Protecting animals from getting exploited is not the only reason why you would want to go vegan. For a lot of people, it is important parameter in going vegan. Some people are emotionally attached to animals. This is an apparent way through which you could take a stand against animal cruelty. Further there are health benefits associated with going vegan--you will have increased surge of energy and younger looking skin. You will also be less prone to getting conditions like obesity, heart diseases and various types of cancer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was 95% vegetarian for about 5 years and found it worked pretty well, even without specific rules.

In general, I ate meat at major family holiday gatherings, when I was traveling and there were no filling vegetarian options, occasionally when there was particularly ethical meat available, and when the meat in question was clearly headed to the trash can if I didn't eat it. I think overall I ate meat about once a month, but I didn't keep close track, and the times I ate meat were pretty clustered, so it's hard to estimate. I certainly felt that I was achieving my goals in being vegetarian.

One thing that helped me not decide that every friend's birthday was a special occasion was that I just told everyone around me that I was vegetarian. Since upsetting people's expectations makes me uncomfortable, I would only very rarely eat meat in social settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been vegan since 2013 but only recently joined fitbit. My reasons for being vegan are for not harming animals but also I have learned that my health has improved since. I like to show my strength and physical abilities to show that vegans are not weak as the stereotype commonly is by those who mock us. The only negative part of being vegan is that people harass you and try to talk you out of it and you may be asked all the time about deep philosophical topics when you're just trying to eat your fruit.

Best Answer