Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Yogurt is the best?

ANSWERED

which yogurt brand do you like best?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it’s not really a question of brand, but rather to stay away from yogurts that have a lot of added stuff in them, like sugar, flavours etc. Much healthier to get the plain sort and add things yourself.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

My personal favorite is this one:

greek_yogurt.jpg

I find it at Lidl (German discount store). It comes in 1 kg jars, it’s cheap, unflavoured, has good consistency, great macros and few calories (58 per 100g).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it’s not really a question of brand, but rather to stay away from yogurts that have a lot of added stuff in them, like sugar, flavours etc. Much healthier to get the plain sort and add things yourself.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

I like pretty much any plain natural or greek but also I really like Simply Plain from Alpro ( plant-based dairy-free yoghurt).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brown Cow — plain whole milk.  Smooth and creamy. Or I just make it myself out of whole milk.

Agree with @Dominique that the important thing is to avoid addded sugars flavors etc. Start plain and add  your own flavoring, fruit, nuts and so on. Frozen blueberries, mango or pineapple chunks are great adds.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Simply Plain Alpro for me too....I just add whatever I fancy to it, fruit, nuts etc or spices if I'm using it to make chicken tikka or some other savoury marinade.

I also like **ahem**e Total 0% fat Greek yogurt [use this to replace half the oil in my hummus mix and it's delish!]

Sky

Best Answer

Simply Plain  for me too....I just add whatever I fancy to it, fruit, nuts etc or spices if I'm using it to make Tandoori chicken or or some other savoury marinade.

I also like **ahem**e Total 0% fat Greek yogurt [use this to replace half the oil in my hummus mix and it's delish!]

Sky

Best Answer

I buy whole fat plain yogurt. I am a fan of white mountain, and recently fell in love with Pavels. Both contain only milk and cultures. No thickness like pectin. White mountain is a little fancier, pavels is looser, and very mild. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm actually thinking of making a homemade yoghurt. It doesn't seem to be so difficult and I was curious ( as I already make homemade soy milk ) to turn soy milk into soy yoghurt ( as far as I know, all you need is a soy milk and a little of existing yoghurt ). Did anyone try it? 🙂 Results could be interesting I believe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I make Soy yogurt all the time and yes...you are right you just use a regular live yogurt as a starter.

I buy a small pot of plain unsweetened regular yogurt and then mix half of it with 2 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder [you can omit this if you are avoiding dairy] before adding about a litre of regular unsweetened soya milk then proceed as usual for regular yogurt.

The milk powder makes it thick and creamy and I also have a yogurt strainer so that I can drain for a few hours if I want to make super thick greek style yogurt with it or leave it draining overnight and I then end up with something really thick a bit like cream cheese.

This works great in lots of recipes that call for cream cheese but without so many calories.

I nearly always use a regular yogurt as a starter culture rather than saving some of my homemade yogurt to start a new batch like I do when making regular dairy yogurt as I get better results.

If I use left over home made soy yogurt to start a new batch it always seems to be a little on the thin side.

Anyway, hope that helps

Sky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oikos Greek Yogurt - light and fit cherry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you choose from diet yogurts, then I would prefer what is made under my strict guidance. I often cook them myself, sometimes I make special sauces, but the yogurt base should be unsweetened. From sweet yoghurts, I buy myself low-fat sweets from https://yogurtnerd.com/best-yogurt-maker/. They have more additives or toppings, you can still season them or add them to some dish as an ingredient. I really like that this manufacturer uses natural products and not substitutes. It turns out much tastier, and I give the children to eat, and they are allergic to other products from similar manufacturers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@anonymous1989 it's great to see you here. 

I think natural yogurt is the best but it take some time to get used to its flavor. I personally combine it with honey and fruits to make it tastier. 😋

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, the best yogurt is the one I make myself. I'm sure of its composition, that it won't contain sugar and things that shouldn't be there, and it's easy to make, too. And it's a lot cheaper that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My favorite brand of yogurt is  Siggi's. I like to eat this because this is Best Low-Fat Yogurt.
Best Answer

I've been trying out some low sugar brands recently, but this one looks better @BarthdeRosa, I'll check if it's available in my local supermarket! 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

My go-to is Bulla's greek yogurt. The taste has the right amount of tanginess. Love it.

Best Answer

Great suggestion, @healthy2022!  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer