Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apricots?

anyone else eat much of apricots? im starting to really really fall in love with dried apricots, they are high in calories but they are bingo to solve, well for me anything, the sweet tooth. when i eat 200g of these a day at night, i do not wake up for mid night snacks after unhealthy sweets..
Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I like dried apricots if they’re available, but I usually don’t buy them myself. For instance, I’d eat them at  at the hotel’s breakfast buffet, which is quite seldom, because I no longer travel a lot. Dry apricots are 241 calories per 100 grams, so your bedtime snack is almost 500 calories. Even if you are a big dude consuming 3000-4000 calories per day, that’s still quite a lot for a single food item. OTOH, it has a decent amount of fiber and a low glycemic index, so if you have a sweet tooth, it’s definitely better than cookies, icecream etc.

However, you may want to at your diet as a whole, and optimize it so as not to need a late night snack (or less of it).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
yer but the good thing is i hardly eat much in the day, i eat most at night.. my breakfast is about 350 calories at most, then after 1 hour plus cardio il eat dinner. normaly a frozen chicken dinnerwith added tin of peas. about 450 calories, then maybe il eat a handful of almonds between dinner and bed time, about 250 calories, then at night il eat maybe 2 packs of snack a jacks, 200 calories, 200g almonds 500 calories and a few them small yougurts from asda, normaly 4, which is 250 calories. oh yer i put 1 hour weights in before bed 5x a week, so lets calculate all that (2000) i drink, 1 cup of protein coffee, maybe 2 or 3 cups of tea a day with green top milk and them small suger tablets which are 2 cals each. so add drink calories to food and you looking at about 2250 a day at most. il burn about 3100
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kelvin2017 I agree that they are delicious- however not dried. To me it is a sad state of the yummy fruit. When they are in season they are so delicious and not preserved with any additives like sugar. Try them. you can eat an entire fruit for less than 20 calories vs 68 in the same 1 oz and don't even get me started on the sugar. Dried fruits are great as a garnish on salad when nothing else is available.. to rely on them as part of your nutrition- I don't know, to me it just doesn't make sense.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love dried apricots as well, especially with lightly salted nuts. But i do try to control my consumption.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eat fresh apricots when available. They're one of my favorite fruits. Dried apricots feature prominently in my favorite turkey stuffing (or is it "dressing" when it's not inside the bird?), and I like to either chop them and bake them into sweet buns to add sweetness without adding white sugar, make filling for rolled roasts, add to pots of stew, or stewing them with other dried fruit (and the occasional splash of rum) for a delicious compliment to homemade coconut milk rice puddings.

Apricots have 7g of fiber and 53g of sugar per 100g of dried fruit when compared to 2g fiber and 9g of sugars per the same weight of fresh fruit, so on their own, strictly nutritionally speaking, dried apricots aren't the best of snacks. Maybe try cutting your evening snack down by a bit, by placing your pre-determined portion into a cup or bowl, and putting the bag away before snacking? It works with me and candy... I do adore dried apricots as an ingredient, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes