is bad to have a fit bit when 12 and below

because i am twelve and i want to know if it bad

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

There are several aspects to consider. First of all, the legal aspect:

Who Can Use Fitbit?

You may use the Fitbit Service if you are over 13 years of age

Note that because of the terms of service, you may not be able to download and install the mobile app on your mobile device, which means you may not be able to sync your Fitbit with your mobile device. Syncing should be possible with a compatible computer (PC or Mac).

Stats related to calories may not be applicable to you, same with those related to weight (e.g. BMI). This is because the formula used for estimating your basal metabolic rate applies to adults. Other stats like steps, heart rate etc. should be relevant for you.

I would say as an indicator of your overall activity, a Fitbit could work for you. But be aware of the potential restrictions mentioned above. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

IMO, if you need a Fitbit to remind you to be active at 12, then you are doing childhood wrong.

Best Answer

I have to agree with @Mukluk4 Why do you need one? Be more active? You should already be more active.

If not just make sure you are in the guidelines of age.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to disagree with both of you Smiley LOL. We’re just old farts remembering what our childhood was like 40-50 years ago. In our spare time, we could kill time kicking a ball outside or riding our bike in the neighbourhood. It’s still possible to do this today, but these mundane activities are competing with things like video games, YouTube and plenty of other fun activities that didn’t exist back in the days and that can be performed in the comfort of your house. So if a youngster is conscious he could move a little more for his own good, and would find motivation in a Fitbit, what’s wrong with that? After all, we grown-ups like many of the playful features in Fitbit, like "competing" with friends in challenges. Funnily enough, I have some (grown-up) friends who have the same attitude as you regarding Fitbit for adults: what a silly thing they are, can’t you just be active on your own?   

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Guess my small town is different.  I can find a pick up basketball, football, or even baseball game at just about any field/playground.  I usually take my 8 year old with me because there's always kids on the playground equipment

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

After all, we grown-ups like many of the playful features in Fitbit, like "competing" with friends in challenges. Funnily enough, I have some (grown-up) friends who have the same attitude as you regarding Fitbit for adults: what a silly thing they are, can’t you just be active on your own?   

I was active enough without the fitbit.  I use my for 2 reasons:

1. It was free at work and there are incentives for being active and 

2. It's usually to ensure my off days are getting just enough activity and to try to know I've overdone it before I overdue it another day in a row.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's wonderful that you want to take a proactive aproach to your health at such a young age. It's fun to see how many steps you can get in a day and to watch how your heart rate goes up or down with activity. There are many other types of trackers that don't require apps or even internet. A simple pedometer will count your steps. Maybe try one of those till your old enough to comply with the fitbits terms.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ugh, nope

Best Answer
0 Votes