Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low Calorie breakfasts

ANSWERED

Since joining fitbit i find the calorie monitoring part of the app very useful to monitor my calorie intake, but on the same hand bringing to light how many calories are in my day to day foods. I want to know if anyone has any tasty and low in calorie breakfasts recipes (with limited prep time ) ??? Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Cottage cheese and a piece of fruit, yogurt and fruit, peanut butter toast and milk, oatmeal and half a banana with a tbsp of peanut butter,  egg and toast, these are all low calorie breakfasts that i have on a regular basis. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Cottage cheese and a piece of fruit, yogurt and fruit, peanut butter toast and milk, oatmeal and half a banana with a tbsp of peanut butter,  egg and toast, these are all low calorie breakfasts that i have on a regular basis. 

Best Answer

If you are up for a cold breakfast, here is one.

Overnight Oats:  Add 1/4 cup of oats, 1/2 tsp chia seeds and 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk in a container and keep it in the fridge in the night. When you are ready in the morning, add any toppings like fruits, peanut butter and nuts. And enjoy. All you need 5 minutes night before and 5 mins in the morning for the topping.

Bhuvana

Best Answer

I will have a 12 grain bread, a slice of ham and 1/4 of avocado, throw on a tomato slice, yum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good easy ideas!

Best Answer
0 Votes

sometimes for breakfast I'll make a texas sized muffin using only oatbran, mashed banana, eggwhites, and two packets of your sugar substitute of choice.  

Or I'll make a flourless pancake using only eggwhites, banana, and sugarfree calorie free walden farms pancake syrup and sliced avocado on top.   

Or i'll use eggwhites and turkey bacon seasoned with cinnamon and black pepper with pineapple slices on the side  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Brett Crawley
Best Answer
0 Votes

most welcome

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been prepping chia seed pudding and fresh fruit ready to go in the morning. So yummy and high in protein so I won't be hungry for hours. I also make quinoa, egg and veggie muffins. 

Best Answer

Egg whites are excellent. I buy the litre cartons in grocery stores and put a cup in a microwave dish with a little low cal margarine..

Then put in microwave and set on maybe 4 minutes and stir every 30 seconds until done the way you like.

They come out fluffy like an omelette and you can add cheese if you want or spices.120 calories only.

Nutritious as well. No fat,no carbs,high protein,low sodium.

Best Answer
I add 4 oz of egg whites, half teaspoon turmeric, few shakes of chili powder, little black pepper, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese to a bowl and microwave 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes. You can add or substitute 1/4 cup black beans for added protein. Sometimes I dice a jalapeño and throw it in. Take it out of the microwave and top with 2 tbs of chunky salsa.

Brett Crawley
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a photo from Pinterest that I adore...Pinterest image.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using this as my goto breakfast lately for something quick.

1 1/2 cup baby spinach

1/4 cup diced tomato (i have a container with a couple cups precut and ready in the fridge)

1/4 cup diced sweet onion (same precut)

2oz egg whites (I've been getting mine from Sprouts, Chino Valley Organic)

Toss everything but the egg whites in a pan with a quick spray of Pam.  Cook until spinach starts to wilt (about 2-3min), add eggs, some cracked pepper, some franks red hot or chili flakes for a little spice.  Cook until eggs are ready (2-3min).

Serve with sliced orange or strawberries

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sprouts....one of my favorite grocery-type stores!  

Here are two of my latest favorite breakfasts, mostly for weekends when I tend to eat breakfast a little later. Both are Smoothies made in the blender. 

BANANA BERRY SMOOTHIE

1/2 cup oats (recipe called for quick, but I've used old-fashioned with no problems)

1/2 cup frozen berries

1 cup almond milk

1/2 banana (I've used the whole banana, though)

Put it all in the blender jar and mix. You can also use a shaker if you have one. This recipe was on the back of the box of almond milk that a friend gave me to try -- from Costco.  I went out and bought a 6 pack of the milk and a big bag of frozen berries, I liked it so much after trying with a smaller bag of berries.

BANANA OATMEAL SMOOTHIE (more protein than above)

1/4 cup oats

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I've used both **ahem**e and Chobani)

1 whole banana, but cut it into thirds or fourths when you put it in the blender

1/2 cup almond milk

1 tsp honey (optional)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Same as above -- put in your blender jar and puree. I go ahead and put the honey in it, but only about 1/2 tsp. 

Donna 

Best Answer
0 Votes