Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health Integration

I love the workout tracking and community features of the Fitbit iOS app. I own a Microsoft Band, and it'd really improve my experience to see the data from my band pulled into the Fitbit app along with my other Fitbit data. Then steps I take and workouts I complete without my phone will still go to my Fitbit profile.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

55 Comments
Craig
Distance Runner

OK  I am no API person so But it would be great if fitbit would gather info from MS HealthVault and us the info input there by my BP machine HR monitor and glucose monitor. Surely it cant be that much of an issue forr them to share info both ways. If i manually enter the same info in fitbit then it shows twice on healthvault. Also maybe have a manual way to sync info.

Thank you @Kelly 

Craig
Distance Runner

No responses I really don't understand. @MatthewFitbit  or @Christine_B can get someone to try to help us out. Also for the BP, Glucose and heart rate make them more synchronous with each other.   Thanks Craig

MaJoRa
Jogger

I sync my Fitbit with my healthvault account (one of the less advertised - yet best features of my fitbit). I can use it to push all of my information to healthvault once a day where I keep track of it.

The problem is that I use the UK food databases of Bing Health and Fitness. These are alot better than the ones that Fitbit provides (and its also possible for me to use them from my Windows Phone and Windows Phone 8 devices).

I also have a GPS tracker that I use to track my rides when I go for a cycle. This also syncs with Healthvault.

Because fitbit cannot see these it does not give me accurate information when looking back at my activities or food intake throughout the week.

If fitbit could pull this information (as well as pushing what it does) - it would be much more accurate and compatible for me.

Kamereone
Jogger

This would be awesome.  I have other devices that input simple data - blood pressure, for example - that should be just as easy to "pull" as it is to "push"

Make the FitBit dashboard a sort of one-stop-shop for data tracking!

hassi2k7
Base Runner

In the past the fitbit app was connected with Health Vault. The new Service is now "Microsoft Health", so it would be nice if you could integrate the weight data of the Aria in Microsoft Health.

gutsma
Jogger
If Fitbit chooses to be consistent, they will consider this suggestion while waiting for it to mature. Anything else is further insult to iOS users. Personally, I think Fitbit should sync to both and let their customers decide.
Basalt
Recovery Runner
@gutsma is right.
hassi2k7
Base Runner

Microsoft Health (HealtVault) was already supported by fitbit in the past. why should this feature be removed just because Microsoft changed the name of the service?

so independent of iOS an Google, the Microsoft Service is a core feature of the past fitbit and should be re-added in the near future.

mbmccormick
Recovery Runner

I love being able to sync my Fitbit data to HealthVault, so that I can share it with my healthcare providers. I recently upgraded to the Fitbit Charge HR and was disappointed to see that heart rate data is not syncing to HealthVault. Could we please get this functionality added to the Fitbit <-> HealthVault sync functionality? Or better yet, make it so that all new Fitbit datasets are synced to HealthVault whenever they are introduced?

Scott_
Base Runner

Agree!

jeannahugg
Recovery Runner

i have synced my fitbit to healthvault, putting in my food consumed into health vault, but then it's not showing up on my fitbit dashboard.

what am i doing wrong??  any help would be great.

johnegbert
Jogger

Yes, please add this functionality

geoff_epstein
First Steps

Agree!! Heart rate date should go into the vault.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am using Fitbit, i am adding my food in fitbit and i have health vault a/c . but i can see only cal data is sync not it's nutrition ..like carb, protein, fat, sodium ..

plz sync these data too..

Vinay
First Steps

I don't get why iOS users would be insulted if Fitbit would sync data with Microsoft Health. Microsoft invests heavily in its Health application and I think it is already pretty mature as it is. Not sure what would happen with overlapping yet different data though. Microsoft Health and Fitness in my cellphone also counts steps by default and this differs considerably with what Fitbit measures. Understandably as the Fitbit is on my wrist and the phone is on my hip. So maybe the reason not to sync is because of this discrepancy.

HammyHavoc
First Steps

I just bought Aria scales to use with Healthvault and they don't seem to sync the data with it -- although Fitbit is weirdly sending calories burned to Healthvault that it should have no idea about as I don't use a wearable currently.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Craig I can definitely see a lot of our users potentially benefiting from an MS HealthVault/Fitbit integration, especially if it was a two way integration.

Data such as weight and body fat % could be synced from Fitbit to HealthVault; and Fitbit could pull data like blood pressure and glucose from HealthVault.

Thanks for posting your ideas on the Feature Request Board!

___TSC___
Jogger

I Have my Microsoft HealthVault account connected to my Fitbit account and it works really well.

All of my sleep, weight and activity data comes across from Fitbit into Healthvault.

I submit measurements into Fitbit and it would be nice to have this data included in the sync with HealthVault.

Please implement that Feature to your HealthVault Sync API.

___TSC___
Jogger

Currently FitBit syncs only basic Food Information like "KCAL" and "Foodname".

It would be great if it pushes additional Information to HealthVault like "Carbs", "Fat", "Protein", "Fiber", "Sodium".

It shouldn't be a big deal, because this Fields and Values exists already in both Enviroments (FitBit & HealthVault).

So please implement it in your HealthVault Sync-API.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree...I would also like to see this data trasmitted as well. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree!

Darkphibre
Jogger

Absolutely agree. If you want me to come back, this is what's keeping me away. I like FitBit, but I really don't like having to enter data into two seperate locations.

RagingBlackLion
First Steps

Due to discontinuation of MSN Health & Fitness App (https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/kb/3073273) implementation of history from MSN would be great for all MSN users who was abandoned by Microsoft.

If this feature would b implemented and would be widely announced you could get a lot of new users!

WaterlooWayne
First Steps

HealthVault and availability in Canada

I have had a fitbit Surge for a couple of weeks.  In addition, i am living in Canada.

I attempted to connect to the microsoft healthvault, but it is only available in Canada through Telus Health.  When i arranged for a telus account it would still not connect.

When i contacted telus on this matter, the answer included the following:

Although based on the same technology, some device manufacturers may decide not to deploy on TELUS health space in Canada for technical or business-related reasons: limited local customer support infrastructure, Health Canada certification, distribution channel restrictions, device driver localization and certification issues such as unit of measures.

I suspect that the problem is with the health Canada certification, If this is the case it would be helpful if this information was added somewhere accessible in the fitbit world (I could not find it ... only a pointer to Telus as the only provided of microsoft healthvault in Canada).

I am very happy with my surge but agree with other posters that the heart rate information should be available on all platforms and for download and it sure would be nice to be able to enter blood pressure information.

thank you

mthackery
First Steps

I'm new to Fitbit as a consequence of MSN announcing the discontinuation of the Health & Fitness App.  I was doing a search of the forums to find how to upload/import the MSN data.

As it appears it isn't possible to do the upload/import I'm adding my vote to this suggestion!  It would be a great addition and I agree it could bring a lot of new users - after all I'm only here because I stumbled across the Health & Fitness App on my phone and started to use it.

I'm sure many more would follow if their data could be "moved across".

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.