24 hour clock format as option in the Fitbit app

Put the option to change the clock on the Fitbit devices in the app itself instead of forcing people to use the web interface to select 24hr clock format.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

42 Comments
jeremiahlee
Runner

I have had to help multiple Europeans and veterans find this feature on the website instead of the mobile app. This is not an Apple-quality experience. Please do better, Fitbit.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@jeremiahlee,

Considering that Apple-quality experience includes:

I consider myself lucky that Fitbit flies above those standards... but that's me.

Mrbennfit
Jogger

This is frustrating it isn't implemented. Yes it is only a one time thing but it doesn't not feel like a premium product when such a simple settings toggle isn't on the app.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@Mrbennfit,

Fitbit doesn't have infinite engineering resources, so they can't work on every single feature request.

And given this or something like...  Team option for challenges, multiple tracker support for newer trackers, etc.

I'd rather they spend their engineering time working on those features (that have significantly more votes) than plumbing the 12/24 format toggle on the app.  Especially since every smartphone can access the website through the mobile browser, and it's something that most folks will change precisely once.

Just my 2¢.

jeremiahlee
Runner

@PureEvil  As a former Fitbit software engineer, I do actually know the level of effort necessary to make this change. It's minimal and likely was simply overlooked when the other device settings were made available in the native mobile apps. I love Fitbit, but there are no good excuses for this particular experience debt not being addressed when many international markets expect 24 hour time.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@jeremiahlee,

That's fair.  I'm also a software engineer, but have no visibility into the Fitbit codebase.  As programmer and Fitbit enthusiast, I'm sure that I could probably occupy much of your time.  Smiley Wink

If you're looking at making the change on Windows, Android and iOS, I imagine that it's three different codebases.  This is probably a small change that needs to go in a number of different places.  I'd still rather see Team challenges before this gets implemented, but I'm not going to bark too loudly if this gets done first.

KimSK
Stepping Up

I’m a nurse all our charting is in military time. When i’m not at work i use the normal 12 hour pm and am. So yes it would be great to change that in the app.

fitlizard
First Steps

You know what, it really does not impress me that this has been open for 4 years now without any progress. You could *literally* fix this, at the same time as onboarding a new developer, by working it though with them while getting them up to speed with your code repository, bug tracker, code review procedures, dev build+pushing+testing, etc etc. Instead you've let this broken window remain broken for a stupid amount of time for what is meant to be a market leading company. Honestly, there are loads of valid use cases here. It *is* ridiculous that you have to log in to a web site to change the 24/12 hour format on your clock. Like, not even through the app on your phone. Literally, open a browser to do this. Stupid beyond words.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

lolseriously
Jogger

Option to change from 12 to 24 hour clock on app. Can see options to change everything on the watch such as timezone, but no 12/24 toggle. Expecting people to know that there are hidden options by logging into some website is ridiculous, had to google it just to find this out.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

I agree. The article on how to change it from 12 to 24 hours only seems to apply to looking at the website's dashboard. You did make me look @lolseriously at all my settings on the Android 9 app and it's not there.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lolseriously. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to see the option to change the time format in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post hereWhile this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

scoobs15
Jogger
The setting to switch to 24 hour time should he included in the advanced settings with in the app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @scoobs15, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see 24 hour clock format as option in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

nchlsn
First Steps
I use Fitbit on an Android and an Apple device in the US where we observe 12 hour AM / PM. But this is offered only on my Apple App, not my Android. As an international company please offer a toggle somewhere that allows all to choose their local format.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @nchlsn, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to change the time format on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app for iOS and Android devices. You only need to open the Fitbit app and tap your profile picture > App Settings > Clock Display Time. Make sure to sync your Fitbit device to apply the changes.

@Elky , in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.