Tracking the incline on a treadmill for more accurate stats

There should be a way to track the incline setting on the treadmill as this changes the amount of calories burned in that work out.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

39 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

haparuca
First Steps

Until this feature is added... I do just google incline treadmill calculator and add the difference to what my Fitbit already tracked. Or I dont wear my Fitbit and add whatever the calculator says. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
GettinFitToLive
First Steps

PLEASE!!! I’m not getting full credit for my workouts 🙁

RichardG13
Recovery Runner

I use the treadmill for my daily exercise, and I use the ramp to increase my stress level. If the ramp were an input parameter the fitbit app could better calculate my VO2. Also I calculate,my stride length,  and have entered that into the app, however my stride length changes depending on how I am feeling. I would like to enter the distance from the treadmill instead.

Stairman
Recovery Runner

Excellent suggestion!

I was just going enter the same suggestion when I noticed it had already been done.

It shouldn’t be too difficult for the development programmers to implement and I hope that Fitbit is listening.

MichaelPP
First Steps

Please follow up on that feature. I often run at a 6% incline - Difference between treadmil and fitbit recorded calories is at about 200 for a 45min workout. 

Chatchat30
First Steps

I have the fitbit versa. I noticed today while at 3.0 incline and walking at a speed of 3.0 that my versa actually showed I burnt more calories than what the treadmill itself said I burned. My question is, is versa accurate although it doesn't know my incline? Also when will we be able to input our incline on the watch?

MatthewB33
First Steps

Just a suggestion. After ending a treadmill session, where you register the activity, you should be prompted to enter the vertical height climbed. Then convert that to floors. Easy.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MatthewB33. Thanks for sharing this great idea of adding floors or inclination when workout on treadmill with us! I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Markie_Re
First Steps
On treadmill and similar exercises being able to input the speed/incline in order to track more accurately without the GPS.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Markie_Re, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track incline treadmill for more accurate stats. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

tiffanyyy23
First Steps
There needs to be a section for the incline when you’re logging treadmill in your exercise
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @tiffanyyy23, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track the incline on a treadmill for more accurate stats with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.