Add Battery Low Trigger on IFTTT

Dev Team:

I'm very excited that you've added a Fitbit channel on IFTTT. Can you please add a trigger for a battery low conditions, so for instance you might have: If fitbit battery is low then send me a pushbullet notification. That'd be really cool.

CC support. Here's my tweet on the matter: https://twitter.com/talllguy/status/468824490462687232

Kindly,

Elliott

Moderator edit: Added labels 

14 Comments
Status changed to: Under Consideration
DaveKFitbit
Keeping Pace
Our development team is considering this. Thanks for your feedback!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

this is cool i would like to have it if i have not loged food by a certain time of the day send a push notification

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

is there a way to have ifttt set a ios reminder every morning to reach my fitbit goal?

peSHIr
Recovery Runner

That would be briljant. Also, would it be possible to add an action to the IFTTT to log a message to my Fitbit journal? This could really make it easy to log other kinds of activities (like certain health related Foursquare check-ins, as an example) in my Fitbit account on a certain date (and possibly time). Optional: include mood and allergie as variables, but just logging a single text based message to my journal in response to a IFTTT trigger would be fine.

HeavenB
Recovery Runner

Or it will would be cool to have a percentage of how much your batterie is charged like a 90% or 40%.

mpfl
First Steps

Seconded! I want to use IFTTT to create a location-based reminder on my phone so that when I arrive home, it pings me to tell me to recharge my Fitbit. I often forget!

TulsaMJ
First Steps

+1 on the "fitbit battery is low" trigger. Automatically add "charge your fitbit tracker battery" to my Todoist FTW!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I recieve a push notification that my battery is low, but it couldn't hurt to have something on IFTTT.com, i'd also like to see sleep mode activated and deactivated triggers, as i use those with my home HVAC system, which also has an IFTTT channel.

leiger
First Steps
Please add a new trigger to IFTTT for when the battery is low, so that we can add our own actions when this happens.

I find the app notifications and emails that Fitbit already provides very useful, but I'd like to use IFTTT to e.g. send an SMS or add a task to Todoist when the battery on my Fitbit is low.

Possible extra: A trigger for when the battery is full, and therefore we can disconnect the charger. Could be added at the same time.

Thanks!
Status changed to: Released
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Currently, Fitbit will send a push notification and/or an email when your device is in a low battery state. You could also use email triggers on IFTTT for low battery.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us on the Feature Request Board!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The thing about IFTTT is that they add the trigger not Fitbit.

If you want a reminder to charge your Fitbit when you get home, use the IFTTT phone location  trigger and have IFTTT  send you a text message.

@SunsetRunner do you want a daily reminder to move use IFTTT time trigger to send a text.

TheDreamer
Stepping Up

What happened to this feature?

I often miss the email notification and finding out just as I'm going to bed that its drained is annoying since tracking sleep is one of my main reasons for having the Charge HR.  My primary reason though was to hold my Road ID.  I was all set to buy a black one, when they came out with a pink one....plus local store had only that color with an introductory sale price. (though at the time, amazon was a bit cheaper....)  Not sure I'd go for picking up a spare now that they're much cheaper....

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm not sure what your referring to @TheDreamer. What featuree are you refereeing to? IFTTT has a trigger for low bsttery..You can use this trigger to do anything you wamt. Including make your phone screan, change the background or simply send a text. 

Also if durring a sync the tracker is low you will get an email

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm not sure what your referring to @TheDreamer. IFTTT has a trigger for low bsttery..You can use this trigger to do anything you wamt. Including make your phone screan, change the background or simply send a text message. 

Also if durring a sync the tracker is low you will get an email

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.