Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
Codester3
Jogger
Would be great to have a Diabetes Forum!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A helpful feature of the food tracker would be to log grams of sugar. I'm way more concerned about sugar than sodium, for example.

Keep up the great products!

zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for the feedback, @Codester3. Although we don't currently have plans to add another category or specific Diabetes board, you can create a new topic or join an existing discussion on the subject.

The best way to find topics of interest to you would be to search using the Advanced Search feature. A quick search for "diabetes" pulls up about 30 posts that might be relevant to you. Hope that helps! 

Click1st
Jogger

As a PWD (Person with Diabetes, namely Type 1) it is more important for me to count my Carbs for each meal and give myself insulin for the carbs injested than it is for me to count calories. I have had a FitBit of one version or the other for several years but only recently became a Type 1 Diabetic and this seems like an option that would open its use to lots of people.

PLEASE can there be an option in the settings to choose Calories Or Carbs to track daily?

Thanks!

Dayve
First Steps

There's an "Add custom tracker" link on the log page. Would that help? It wouldn't be integrated with their food database or anything, but if you're counting your own carbs, it may be a handy place to keep track of them.

bruti
Base Runner

Allow entry of glucose data from android app.  Currently the only way to enter or see this data is via the web client.  I would much rather log it and view it on my phone app.

Buddhacat
First Steps

I agree. I'm counting carbs, and I find the dashboard on the web an easy way to do that. However, if I'm logging in my food on my ipad, which is an easier option, it doesn't display the carb count. I have to go to the web to view it, which is an extra step. It seems like it would be easy to add the carb stats to the ipad app.

robertjb
Stepping Up

I would like to see a new feature in the dashboard to allow sharing of Heart, BP, and Glucose info with my diabetic friends.  It would allow each of us to support each other by competing with each other for the best readings.

Dunc
Recovery Runner

I have a fitbit Force and also use a iHealth blood pressure monitor.  It sends data to my iPhone so I can track it on the iHealth application.

It would be better if it also interfaced with the Fitbit Dashboard!

HeraldStorm
First Steps

We've got the activity tracker and the scale that measures lean vs fat mass.  Can we please have a blood pressure cuff?  Some of us are doing the diet and exercise thing so that we can lower our blood pressure...If we had a blood pressure cuff, we could see how all the activity and dieting that we're measuring with other fitbit products is contributing to a lower overall blood pressure.

It would also be nice if the weight, % body fat, and BMI data could sync with Virgin Pulse...and when you offer the blood pressure cuff, sync the heart rate data as well as the systolic/diastolic blood pressures with Virgin Pulse as well.

While I applaud my company for offering a health program like Virgin Pulse, I really wish they would have chosen FitBit instead...at least if FitBit syncs all this great data, it makes using Virgin a little less painful.

StevenBond
First Steps

I agree tracking sugar would be far more useful thank sodium

jettaman67
Base Runner

I think Fitbit should look into a supplimental device to measure and track blood pressure levels. It seems to be a natural fit.

KatieB
Progression Runner

Can Fitbit start calculating Net Carbs on food items when you log them?

sthompson706
First Steps

I need to be able to add notes to my glucose readings.  I'm diabetic and it would help so much when I go to the doctor to be able to say why it was low or why it was high.  I don't want to have to open separate programs for everything when this seems like such a simple fix.  The doctor uses this data to regulate my insulin.  Would be very helpful.

kleebas
Jogger

On the Foods Log page under Daily Totals and Logged Foods, I'd like to have sugar and/or cholesterol content displayed.  I think the sugar and cholesterol content would increase my awareness of unhealthy foods (for me).  I know the information is available - I input grams of sugar and cholesterol when I record a new food.  Sodium isn't an issue for me, so I'd be willing to switch out sodium for sugar, if that were possible.

kleebas
Jogger

Sodium tracking has been helpful to me in raising my awareness, but I appear to have it well under control naturally.  My issue is sugar.  I'd prefer to track sugar rather than sodium (or both!) as a way of helping me control it.

MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@sthompson706 You might consider the Journal feature in the Logging section of your Dashboard. You can find it at http://www.fitbit.com/journal and enter whatever information you'd like.

I will leave this idea open, as I recognize that this is a bit different from your request, but perhaps you will find it useful.

EKN
Jogger

I'm tracking my BP.  I'd like to be able to see it on the Dashboard and enter it in the mobile app.

rafaelpineiro
Jogger

I am using the Fitbit to become healthy and lose weight.

One of the challenges I run into is going for longer than I should without eating with the deleterious effect of overating when I do.

I would love for Fitbit to send me a notification lettting me know:  " You are 150 calories behind your intake target.  You can have one ounce of pistachios to get back on track."

I would be happy if for phase 1 you simply notify me when I'm behind a certain threshold which you let me set, or preset choices.  You can keep it simple:  100 calories, 200 calories, etc. 

Phase 2 would be more difficult given all the choices available, but again you could give the user a choice of what food groups they'd prefer to use for caloric equivalents.  Being diabetic I would prefer the equivalents to be in low glycemic choices.  

Phase 3 would be the panacea, definitely requiring Premium membership.  Suggestions of caloric intake would be base on the historic input to the meals the user provides on his or her log and would vary by time of day.

In all, for now happy to get caloric deficit notifications by itself.  It beats me having to constantly look at the dashboard.

Torst
First Steps

I totally agree!

We should be able to log anything on the phone app that we can log on the website, including custom trackers.

Blood glucose is particularly important as it is logged multiple times a day, and often away from a PC.

jgt1942
First Steps

I was also looking looking for a device to measure and record the BP measurements and was hoping Fitbit would soon be releasing a product that would to that for me, such as the iHealth Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (BP5). I prefer the Fitbit products over the iHealth products and don’t want two different products for the various health measurements.

Starkman78
Base Runner

Yes, please! Fitbit is the top of the line in terms of fitness trackers, yet the database is really outdated in terms of nutrition planning. I can't believe how much it focuses on a straight calorie count with a mild emphasis on high carb, low fat. Fitbit needs to get up to speed with the modern day athlete's approach to macronutrient management and that includes net carbohydrates. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is more of a device request than a feature. I have been searching and note a complete lack of blood pressure/pulse monitors that can sync with a smartphone and integrate into an online account such as here at Fitbit. There is one that is iPhone compatible, but it I use Android and it doesn't appear to be a Fitbit partner anyway. Archos unveiled a tracker and blood pressure device at CES this year but still not on the market. This doesn't seem like a difficult thing to come out with and I wonder why no one has. Would be great to see Fitbit come out with a device to keep it all in the family so it integrates well with the trackers and Aria scale.

debiannj
First Steps

Myself as well.  I don't necessarily need a BP monitor, but a blood glucose monitor would be excellent.  Many of those just starting out in fitness have issues with blood glucose (and blood pressure).  I would consider paying more for a system that either includes a bluetooth sync or even computer connection with my blood glucose meter (or even accept test strips to test in the Fitbit).  Currently, I use One Touch, and have the ability to connect my meter to my computer to store my readings via USB cable.   I would love to have the ability to sync that program with Fitbit, or to have the APP let me enter my BC readings. 

debiannj
First Steps

Not just Android - iPhone too. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.