Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
Roshbob
First Steps

Many people would benefit from a Fitbit that can take your blood pressure. With high blood pressure being a huge cause of many other health problems having the ability to monitor it quickly and easily has many benefits. 1. Encourage healthy lifestyle 2. Determine when medication is needed 3.improve self awareness

Moderator edit: format and labels.

Siddhie
Jogger

Well that's good to see sugar included but most of us would love to have blood pressure in charge 2 and other trackers. Kindly find a suitable solution.

bryandrev
Base Runner

I agree hopefully this will be a new feature. 

Miles69
First Steps

With all of the Diabetics in the world, I am wondering if fitbit has thought of creating a tracker specific to diabetics?  Use the base of the Ionic in regards to having apps, however, have app links specific to diabetes (e.g. American Diabetes Association app, "Calorie King" app, diabetic community app).  Would like to see if there is a way to have the heart rate alarm when the rate is beating too fast since this is a symptom of the blood sugar being way too low. Also, would like to see if a carbohydrate counter may be added since diabetics count carbs more than calories.  I have written a program to count carbs burned that could be used.

SMoxon
Jogger

Many health trackers these days also display blood pressure and oxygen levels in the blood, it would be good to see these on the Ionic too.

Moderator edit: labels & title.

SteveGodreau
Jogger

Just want to chime in on the fact that BP seems to be an obvious missing piece

Ronald1
Runner

Hi i love your requests. Currently have a Blaze. Now if Fitbit’s failure to respond to Blaze requests is anything to go by, don’t hold your breath. Most feature requests for Blaze receives the response (from Moderators) that the requested feature is CURRENTLY on the Ionic. By that logic the features your request will be available on the Vektor/Fitbit device which will replace the Ionic.

rbennett18
Keeping Pace

While I 100% whole heartedly agree that this would be a phenomenal add to the FitBit, in my opinion any blood pressure that is taken by a smart watch, fitness tracker, etc should not be considered accurate. Simply based on the way that blood pressure is taken (think about when you go the MD or pharmacy).

SMoxon
Jogger

@rbennett18. Agree that it can't be as accurate as when you go to a GP, but indications are always good. Most readings cannot be 100% accurate from a wrist band, but they give us a good idea how we are sleeping, walking, etc. 

GLampe
Jogger

Requesting real-time blood pressure monitoring feature on Alta HR or Charge 2 fitness trackers.

I currently have a fitbit flex and I do not need a lot of the bells and whistles offered on the more pricey trackers.  I just need to monitor steps, calories, heart rate, and blood pressure.  A watch (date/time) is a nice-to-have.  

Vicatron
First Steps

Could you include a blood pressure log to monitor bp similar to the weight loss log or water log. 

Vicky Winters 

Aikidojoe
Jogger

O2 levels would be good as would Heart Rate Variability.  BP not possibe, at least not close enough to be useful.

Hummingbird1000
First Steps

My fit bit is a lifesaver...literally. However the new Apple watch will keep track of heart arrhythmia, and that would be very useful for me. I really don't want to join the Apple world, just for a watch, as I use android products, so I hope fit bit is working towards it. I also read they might be working on diabetic monitoring. I know many people interested in that.

meanica123
Jogger

It would be great if the FITBIT HR 2 (or other Fit Bits) took a constant blood pressure reading.   I have been finding that when I go to doctor appointments first thing in the AM that my blood pressure is  low or normal.   When going after work my blood pressure is boarding on high.   This got me thinking that it would be nice to be able to see a log of what my blood pressure is at rest vs work vs working out.  

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Currently without an air pump and a bladder to restrict blood flow this will not be possible with any current Fitbit tracker. You might want to add your vote here

sherrill0266
First Steps

I am diabetic and use my Charge 2 mainly to track by daily steps.  I find it does seem to make a difference in my AM blood glucose readings.  The more steps the lower the reading (assuming I have eaten properly).  I've tried to find somewhere on the dashboard where I can record that reading but haven't find the right spot yet.  Yes, I know there are other apps to do that, but technology works better for me the simpler it is!  Even a "note" option would work.  Just a thought.  Has anyone "adapted" an area to record BS readings?

rmunjuluri
Recovery Runner
I already asked Fitbit for this facility to correlate exercise with BS readings which can be sent from a Glucometer like Accuchek  either wireless/Bluetooth or usb  cable.I was informed it was in their labs but I don't know the latest status.Jogarao  

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
StephenL37067
First Steps
Unfortunately no. I made this same suggestion to the Fitbit Customer Service Team 2 years ago, but nothing has changed yet. I keep hoping someone on that Team will see the benefit to this additional information and help those of us who really want a place, utilizing our Fitbit device to capture that information daily to then share with our Medical Team at our visits. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SMoxon thanks for sharing this suggestion. Please see this existing suggestion to measure oxygen levels on Ionic here. Consequently, I've retitled your suggestion to focus on blood pressure monitoring.

Jtiemann
First Steps

Please add a place on the dash board where blood pressures can be manually entered and tracked. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Actually there is only one wristwatch device that reads blind pressure the Omron wrist monitor and has a true pressure cuff built in the band. 

rmunjuluri
Recovery Runner
Provision for not only BP but sugar readings also will be necessary in dashboard 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Lakemerwin
Jogger

I have low sugars at night.  I always wake up. Look at phone for time. Think to myself I better get up and check my sugar       Now I look at Fitbit for time     And right under it was my heart rate it was 53.  I thought if my heart rate is slow my sugar probably is.   Sure enough it was 49    My point is maybe it could be used in marketing  to encourage biabetics to have one.  Your thoughts ?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

asgherQ
First Steps

BP measurements must as an option to log manually would be awesome.

@tbarry27wrote:

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

pennyalbert
First Steps

Hi

I currently have a Fitbit Alta HR Tracker and Aria 2 scales.  I would like to add a blood pressure monitor to this suite but see you don't yet offer one.  The one I am going to buy (while I wait for you to develop one) is the Withings - sadly though it won't sync with the Fitbit app.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.