Add Custom Activity to Tracker/Smartwatch

Good morning,

I spend hours standing/dancing at my desk at work and I would like to be able to choose that activity on my tracker. I found how to add activities but I was not able to choose anything other than the Fitbit Predetermined activities.

Please allow the option to choose from Custom Activities we have created.

Thank you, 

Susan McKenney

18 Comments
andrewbarker1
First Steps

I used to have a microsoft band 2 but I have recently got a fitbit blaze. I am happy with the blaze, however it is missing the feature of being able to build your own work out. With the band you can build a customised workout (exercise, sets, and reps) using microsoft health and then sync to your band. It would be great to see this integrated into fitbit. I have tried the fitstar programs but they are limiting and prefer to design my own. 

cm77
Stepping Up

I was able to do this (sort of) by connecting My Fitness Pal. They have a lot more options for activities, so I recorded it there. Being connected, it carried over to Fitbit, and now I have that activity listed as an option in the Fitbit app. I agree that it would be really nice if the Fitbit app had more options for activities or let you add a custom activity. 

OggyC
Recovery Runner

Hello! Custom activities may be a bit hard to implement because the fitbit would not know what to do to count a step towards the custom activity.
But it is a great idea, Thumbs up

MissJodie
Recovery Runner

I just love my Ionic. I appreciate so many activities can be recorded, however it would be handy to type your own activities in, if they are not listed. For example I am an active musician and doing a ‘gig’ is definitely fitness. It shows up in auto activities. I also want to call my workout ‘BodyBoss’ or ‘arms n abs’ or ‘legs’ or Hiit. Thankyou 

Jbag02
First Steps

I would like to be able to create the activity “Zumba” and have it added as a shortcut on my Ionic. I take Zumba classes at least 3 times a week and it’s a pain to have to hit “workout” on the watch, and then recategorize the activity from the app on my phone afterwards. Thanks!

MissJodie
Recovery Runner

It would make it easier Jbag02, to add them to your watch list. I don't so much mind having to categorise the activities afterwards....its just that all though there are many to choose from, the categories available do not cover all types of fitness activities. My drumming at gigs is automatically recognised as activity but it is inconsistent. Sometimes walking, others running and also as sport.

JGobeil
Base Runner

An easy mod that would help would be to be able to create new activities simply by renaming an existing one.  

MissJodie
Recovery Runner
Yes it would. But at this stage renaming is not an option. There are many available options but they don’t match my needs such as playing drums, or bodyboss workout.

Sent from my iPad
Nyusha
Recovery Runner

Wish to see "Dancing"!💃

MissJodie
Recovery Runner
Hi Nyusha
If you have Ionic ( I’m not sure about other watches), you can categorise dancing. If you do the dancing for over ten minutes, it will come up in active minutes. Then on your app, click on the blue section which shows the active days. This will take you to the exercise you have done. Tap on the exercise and on the next screen you can touch on ‘categorise exercise’. Start typing ‘dancing’ and it will come up underneath. Touch on it and now your activity will be called dancing. There are heaps you can change it to even gardening and skating!

Sent from my iPad
byronsnake
Recovery Runner

I wouldn't need a custom activity to count steps, only to classify for my reference and track heart rate.  Besides, many stationary activities are recorded as steps due to arm movements.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Susamck thanks for sharing this suggestion. For now, you might use 'workout' mode as a workaround but keen to see how many others are interested in this idea. Thanks

byronsnake
Recovery Runner

I use "Workout", but that doesn't provide nearly enough options for many unlisted exercises.

nettraveller
First Steps

Gardening. Many people spend hours doing this activity yet it cannot be added to my Charge2. My workaround is to set a workout and then edit later which is not very helpful.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
GEE4RC
First Steps
When I cycle through the available options on my Charge 4 I have: Run, Bike, Swim, Treadmill, Outdoor, and Walk. This locks me down on what activities I can record. Maybe allow users to add custom activities or add more activity options.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@GEE4RC  You can change those choices to any of 20 options.  See How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GEE4RC, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Custom Activities from smartwatch. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.