Add Halifax bank (UK) to Fitbit pay

When is Fitbit going to expand the list of approved UK banks for the Wallet app? 

US and Australian users have a huge choice of banks including national banks and credit cards like American Express, but the UK have a choice of four. 

I was so excited to use my watch for payment, but I cant unless I chose to move to an obscure bank.

The approved four are: Boon. (Never heard of that), Danske (no idea), Santander and Starling (another I've never heard of). Aside from Santander, none of these are major banks. 

Any chance UK users could get a better selection? Natwest, HSBC, Lloyds, Halifax??

Moderator edit: Title & label

63 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sew_1991, all of the banks you've mentioned exist as individual feature suggestions, so I suggest you vote on those:

We don't however have Halifax, so I've made this feature suggestion about that particular bank.

Arnie1976
First Steps

As ever the UK are slower to respond. I too would like to see Halifax added  I wonder though how it would be displayed as they actually are part of RBS banking group any suggestions on how to get them moving along into the 21st century? 

JFearey
First Steps

Please please please can Fitbit pay be useable with Halifax!!! As one of the UK’s leading banks this shouldn’t even be unavailable

lavinapurl
Jogger

Yes, I vote for this too.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Bank of Scotland /HBOS

Sharon831
Jogger

Was soo excited to get my fitbit charge 3 special edition................. Oooh I'm with Halifax so I can't use the pay option, not so excited now, 😢

Granny-Treacy
Recovery Runner

Also Halifax must add... And banks in northern Ireland be linked as both UK and ireland

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I too vote for fitbit adding Halifax to their list of banks. 

Hazacee2611
Jogger

I'm very disappointed that Halifax is not part of the fitbit pay option ! 

Halifax is one of the most used banks in the UK please make halifax a fitbit pay option.

Hazacee2611
Jogger

I vote for HALIFAX to be added to fitbits list of banks ! 

SusyTutu
Jogger

I am very disappointed with Fitbit on this issue of UK banks compatibility for Fitbit pay.

Charge for the special addition specifically advertises the feature of Fitbit pair and states it is compatible where ever you see the contactless symbol. Gross mis-advertising here in my opinion  and very misleading.

Fitbit need to up their game and get into negotiations with some of the major banks. Halifax, Royal Bank Of Scotland, Lloyds, NatWest, HSBC et cetera

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Can someone please tell me what we have to do to make fitbit sit up and take notice??  Are these comments pointless??

SusyTutu
Jogger
I think they really need to sit up because in my opinion they are falsely advertising the product.
They stress in advertising the added feature of Fitbit pay. It also says on the packaging use Fitbit pay whenever you see this contactless symbol.
Neither my MasterCard or my Halifax card, both of which are very recognisable debit/credit card accounts are compatible!!
I bought my Fitbit in order to use this feature.
Does using this as a selling point breach the British Advertising Standards Authority code?

Sent from my iPhone
tzrredrocket
First Steps

Is anything being done about adding Halifax? Cannot believe one of the main UK banks is not usable with Fitbit? Purchased a new fitbit with the intention of using this feature?  

jamiewhite2013
First Steps

Really disappointed with Fitbit not accepting Halifax as a bank payment option. It’s all boxed up and ready to return tomorrow, bad reviews given for this product due to false advertising. 

SusyTutu
Jogger
I also think sales have been gained due to false advertising. . Even says on the box use where ever you see the contactless symbol!

Sent from my iPhone
Emdude
Jogger

Hello FitBit Moderator, please can you update this thread? I agree almost all the advertising says you can pay with Android Pay. But my Ionic needs the card details rather than linking to my  android account (which works well). As Halifax includes RBOS, Lloyds and Halifax it is a major provider in the UK so it seems like a major oversight. Can you please advise what the plans are to include Halifax and the timescale? And will existing hardware be able to upgrade? Please advise? Many thanks Emma 

SusyTutu
Jogger
Good luck waiting for responses to this.

Sent from my iPhone
Emdude
Jogger
Haha thanks!
amelie236
First Steps

Would absolutely love to have Halifax as an option. I vote for HALIFAX!!! 😆 Having the pay buy watch option was one of the leading factors in my purchase and was very disappointed to find 3 unknown banks, listed and 1 I knew - Santander. I vote for HALIFAX!!! 😆

There you have it folks proof, were it needed, that Fitbit simply do not care about UK customers.  There is so much noise about this in their “community” boards and forums and NOTHING from them on this.  No update, no apology and now, adding colour, no more customer support email or chat!  Way to go Fitbit!  Good luck retaining customers with this attitude.  Pathetic.

BekiBudge
First Steps

Really need more UK banks on here. Love my Fitbit but very disappointed that you don’t have more UK banks ☹️. Really needing Halifax as a bank as I need to pay for items on the go due to my job x

Maddening isn’t it?!  When you try and set it up it doesn’t even tell admit they’re rubbish - it reads like you’re somehow at fault!  Naff!

Right now I’m so offended by their ignorance I’m considering what to replace my Fitbit with.  They can afford arrogance now because there isn’t a lot of completion - but that will change.

BekiBudge
First Steps

Well I’m definitely considering switching to an Apple Watch now. I’ll return the Fitbit Versa. Don’t really want to but what else can I do. 😖😖😖

BekiBudge
First Steps

Just been looking guys and you can get an Apple Watch, brand new, series 3, contactless payments for around £199. That was on the Apple website and Currys. Worth paying a little bit more to get what you want. Hope this helps 😊👍🏻

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.