Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

900 Comments
Patrick.Neubert
First Steps

Dear Fitbit Team, I would like to make a Suggestion for a possible feature of your App. Could you add a „time in heartrate zones per week / per month“ analysis. You already display the values in a bar graph, but time values would be helpful as well. Thanks, Patrick

Knuk
Stepping Up

I also got a fitbit for that reason. I won't recommend it to anyone until we can fully export the data. 

Pskip48
First Steps

Mediator, please give update on these requests with expected date for release?

Moderator edit: format

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Awesome Heart

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Craig and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

SkylerAnn
First Steps

I would also be very interested in this feature. I am working with a team of doctors who are are looking into my daughter's on-going health issues and the data collected is very useful however I have no way of easily providing the Heart Rate data to her doctor other than showing her my tablet.

Kppbn
Jogger

I'd also appreciate this data being charted for more than 1 month. It is useful in tracking my cycle.

kpmo
First Steps

Agree it would be useful data.

Aerobatic51
First Steps

Agree. Heart rate data is required for conversation with Cardiologist. Also for my own tracking.

TrendyTreky
First Steps

Let the user have downloadable (CSV or tab delimited) access to the data displayed on the Dashboard and sub-screens  I am particularly interested in my Heart rate data collected over 24 hours.  The graphs displayed make it difficult to see highs and lows since scaling is not changeable

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a timeline at the moment. Please continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. This Feature Suggestion to have more than 30 days HR data in the app may also be of interest to you all.

Please note that if something is under consideration and is chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

DataGeek
Stepping Up
Thank you. Yes, I am still interested in exporting heart rate data. Thanks
for your consideration.
ynotnova
First Steps

I am also still interested.

TonyPinnington
First Steps

yeah still interested. If you ever sort it out I may return as a customer.
at the moment your poor response and poor build quality stop me. Shame
really the apps pretty good otherwise

Moderator Edit: Formatting

TISM
Recovery Runner
Too little, too late

Sent from my iPhone
kesser
Recovery Runner

Please please do this.  It has been  long overdue

Kingbrown1000
Keeping Pace

this is so incredibly overdue

TISM
Recovery Runner

2 years and finally an official acknowledgement of interest and indication that they may look into it-would have been better if they stayed silent!

”They (FitBit) has their time at the top but screwed it up, make room for the next!”

D-train56
Jogger
I Dumped my fitbit 6 month ago.

Will get new Apple watch with Heart Rate Band.

Funny, that with Apple releasing this new capability FitBit suddenly decide
to get their act in gear.

As far as I am concerned they have lost.

Derek
D-train56
Jogger
Dear LizFitBit,

Your nice update is pure bull.

As a programmer I know you have the data and the ability to export it.

You choose not to. If you wanted to it is 1 days work for a programmer.

Instead you make us use Java and write our own application... with you
approval, don't know why.

Now Apple has the ability FitBit is history.

Your Truly

Derek Jenkins

Total pissed off FitBit user who will never say a good thing about you
again.
TISM
Recovery Runner
Sad isn’t Derek watch something that had so much potential die a slow death by ignoring the customers and basking in its early successes. Survival of the fittest at work in the corporate arena.

Sent from my iPhone
Caponesev
Jogger
Same here, I am afraid.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@TISM Derick as a moderator has no control over the developers. 

D-train56
Jogger
As a moderator you are the interface between us the poor users and the
"Management" at Fitbit.

It they won't listen to us and won't listen to you then this company has no
hope.

You will get only negative out of ne and other who have been taken advantage
of by fitbit with false advertising.

Apple will eat fitbit alive.

Derek
shales99
Recovery Runner

I too am still interested. As others have pointed out the data is available for user extraction with modest programming skills. But for all those slamming Fitbit tech, which I am one (and a bit snarky), I must admit that their battery life control systems are outstanding. I would watch 4q sales of Ionic before throwing in the towel. They held their own in the 3rd quarter.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.