Add Rollerblading or Skating/Ice skating as exercise

Please add roller blading to the activities on the Fitbit Blaze

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

195 Comments
Trevor_Harris
Base Runner

This seems ridiculous to me - why do we only have the option of having 15 exercises? And why such an obscure list? What about squash, cycling, whatver you want? What board room meeting did you guys have where you sat and came up with this list? Why even make a list in the first place?

Having the ability to add your own exercises, and then choose to track heartbeat, gps, or both for that activity seems like a no-brainer. Yet another simple feature omitted for reasons beyond me. Step up your game. You have the technology, but it's stunted by bad programming. Unfortunate, really.

Wired
Jogger

I just bought my Charge HR last weekend and live in Northern Ohio, so I'm not biking outdoors right now.  Is there no tracking of cycling in conjunction with the GPS and heart rate monitor?

Trevor_Harris
Base Runner

Correct - You can coose "Free Run" or "Hike" to get both GPS and heartrate, but this is just silly. The workout label just simply doesn't apply.

Purplejas81
First Steps
I agree there should be more options for exercise or be able to enter your own exercise like on my fitness pal.
nicmck
First Steps

I rollerblade everyday as well as participate in many other exercise workouts that are not listed on your shortcut list. It would be great to have an option for the user to create their own exercise shortcut. That way we can keep track of what it is we are doing effectively. Having to choose the standard 'Workout', or having to manually enter it, just isn't cutting it for me. I purchased this watch hoping to eliminate all that manual entering of information. I want to be able to click exercise, rollerblade, or P90x or whatever other random exercise I may be doing more often and hit play and go.

I am sure there are many others who would also find this custom workout addition to be beneficial. Or just add a ton more to the shortcut lists, rollerblade, skating, interval training, hot yoga and so on. 

Thanks!!

Moderator edit: added labels.

SassyJazz
Jogger

I agree! I would like to walk on the treadmill sometimes instead of outside when it is dark or having to run on the treadmill in order to do the correct exercise. P90X, TRX and others are popular as well as Zumba. Adding Zumba, Interval runs, Tabata, and HIIT are a few good ones also

GREAT POST by the way.

MarkCam
Recovery Runner

I agree- would very useful

michelin
Jogger

i would love to have that. I currently do many exercise that I cannot categorize and label!

RobDhm
First Steps

In the best of all possible worlds I'd like it to be able to edit the exercise options available on Surge watches - I don't practise Yoga, go spinning (whatever that is) or do weights, and I am unsure about elliptical.

However I do regularly play the tennis (singles and doubles) and the drums, and I'd love to be able to exchange them for say spinning, yoga and weights. Will this be possible one day ... in the best of all possible worlds?

Kbright
First Steps
I also take other classes at my gym Specifically les mills classes a category to add these classes would b helpful. Combat, attack, cx, pump & body step would b great
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great feedback @nicmck. It is possible to choose and re-oder the exercises on your Surge, but it would be cool to be able to create a custom exercise shortcut, similarly to how you can create a custom activity on Fitbit.com.

Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board!

Cbaez1223
First Steps
Rollerblading would be a good idea

Just wanted to add that option in the menu.

Thanks

Carlos
ceejays88
Stepping Up

This is a MUST feature for me.

I have have bootcamp and football most evenings and it really annoys me having to log my football exercise every night!

If I could set up an exercise call football this product would be much better. 
Surely this isnt a hard feature to do as all settings that we choose run on the same algorithym anyway, just named different.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be great to be able to customise the exercise's available in the surge, in addition to the list provided.

For instance if you engage in a sport which is not listed e.g. Dance it would be great to be able to manually put in the exercise.

webtomass
Recovery Runner

As an inline skater, I would love to get accurate activity data integrated with the Surge and app. Fitibit, c'mon you would be attracting a relatively high number of a new user base who abstain from activity trackers due to non support for inline skating.

stigvig
First Steps

I aggree with ceejays88. It's a MUST have. 

I'm surprised that this function doesn't exist yet.

patoso
Recovery Runner

It would be fantatstic if one's onw list of "most logged" activities could appear on the list of Surge Exercise Shortcuts. Every day I have to log these manually. Also not all of the activities are exercises. The list would include Guitar, classical, folk (sitting), Qi Gong, Tai chi, Tai Chi Sword Form, Walk/run, playing with animals, light, only active periods, Household Chores, Qi Gong, DIY, Shopping and Gardening.

Thank you.

orchidmantis
First Steps

Completely agree. I'm a little bit OCD with my logging, and it really, really bothers me that I don't get to have the same features for a log for a session of dance as those that come with when I run. I am primarily a dancer (although not performing any longer). My main form of exercise is dance--why can't I use it as a go-to option on my Surge?

RowingManiac
Jogger
I use a Concept 2 Rowing Machine to exercise. Is it possible to have rowing added to the list of exercise in a future firmware update?
Mdolfan
Jogger
I frequently horseback ride and don't do many activities that are shown on the watch (run, spin, yoga, etc.). Please allow customizable activity (like horseback riding) so that we can swipe to that activity and use the gps (if applicable) rather than having to log it manually.
StevenS56
First Steps

As an active individual and Personal Trainer, I enjoy using the FitBit surge for my active lifestyle.  However, I find the exercise shortcut category limited and too restrictive for tracking activities.  I would like to see a "customize" feature to add additional types of exercise such as rowing, kayaking, roller blading, etc, and, open the number of activities to 10 or 15 versus the current 7. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add Steps to all exercise shortcuts.

PixieLou85
First Steps
Hi there.

I have owned a Surge for about one week now and there is one thing that bugs me about it and it's a basic feature I thought it would have.

We all know that we can use a desktop pc etc in a browser or the app to create custom activities to cover the things that are not already listed, but what I'm astounded at is that you then cannot edit your Surge shortcuts to include these.

This makes it very irritating when trying to accurately track exercise and compare specific activities at the gym against each other over time.

At the moment I'm stuck with setting them all to workout and trying to remember which was which.
SalsaSensei
First Steps

Dancing!!! ??? There is a lot of people that do dancing.. 
one of the most popular way is Salsa Dancing, Club Dancing, Zumba, Jazz, and so many other ways of dancing ... It would be awesome if you could add the dancing you practice to track everything ... 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Must have Heart

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.