Add Water via Device/Fitbit on Wrist

Like with the exercise option, have a water item in the menu on your Fitbit. For example: the option 250ml, a tap to increase to 500ml, 1l etc. then press and hold the button to add. It would make it a lot quicker to add the amount one drinks.

Moderator edit: Labels

204 Comments
wallyma
Jogger

Adding water needs to be a quick thing to do!

Using my phone is frowned upon at work.  If I had just a quick turn on phone and tap to log water, I could do that.

The Android app is too convoluted for water logging easily and quickly.

LOVE MY FORCE!

steppintime
Recovery Runner

I agree--this would be great!  🙂

bryanspoon
First Steps

I agree totally - i just got my flex and the online widget for water makes no sense...you click, nothing, you right click nothing, the screen says - yep, you get it, nothing.  I want to track water but I think tick marks on a cement wall with some chaulk is easier... 😉

AgeDub
First Steps

I'd love to see the ability to more easily log water. Currently you have to go into the app or website and manually log it, but I nearly always drink pints of water and it would be great to have a button using IFTTT (DO) or something similar to easily log it. 

Alternatively, an improved Widget for Android might be an option? 

I've been looking at ways to do it with Tasker but they'd likely require root and complex interactions with the app. Seems daft that you can't really easily log water. This probably applies to other things like starting sleep or exercise.

filmaj
First Steps

+1 on an Android widget, great idea

lgormo
Jogger

Can there be an easier way to log water into the fitbit app? Maybe a widget on the home screen or a way to swipe or press the number of oz/cups you've had. The current way seems such a task for just drinking a cup of water.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

ksg23
Jogger

I've been thinking the same thing.  There are fitness sites that make it possible to just click on the glass for each 8oz you drink. 

cattyliu816
Jogger

It would also be nice if we could change the presets. For example, my mug is 11 oz. I don't have a cup that's only 8 oz. And my water bottle is 24 not 24.7. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Having a widget specifically for logging water would be an excellent idea. That way we could log the water we drink easier without going into the app and search the water tile. Thank you for your suggestion! 

mdrummer88
Jogger

+1!

please!!! At least let IFTTT use your water logging in recipes so I can create my own widget with a Do button.

DEpperson
Jogger

I am loving my Blaze and have been for a little over a month now! One thing that would be great is to be able to track Water intake and Calaries consumed directly from the Blaze without having to pull out my phone to do it.  With something like a screen to swipe to (like for the workouts) it would make life so much easier and add more productivity to the Fitbit Blaze

Moderator Edit: Labels

crichey
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to customize the fl oz for the water quick add feature.  My coffee and tea mug is 12 oz.  I rarley drink in 8 oz increments.  Currently there is only 8 oz, 16 oz, and 24 oz as an option.  If I could modify those, that would be great.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Cat Happy

RainbowNZ
First Steps
I’d like to see you add the ability to pin the water tile to the start screen on Windows 10 phone.

Having quick access to this would enable me to log water as I drink it. Rather than having to open the app and remember to do so each time I have a drink.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab 🙂

kayiii
First Steps

It would be so great to have a feature directly on the Charge 2 to track the water intake.
Also it would make fitbit perfect if it had a presetted fitness program (running, cycling, weight loss, etc.) in-app and on band.

Moderator edit:  Labels

Imaglvg
First Steps
Ok I am liking my Blaze but when I was comparing to the gear fit 2 a few things came to mind. The blaze doesn't have a water tracker which would be amazing and more convienient then ding it on my phone. The gear fit 2 also has a caffeine tracker which is really cool and helpful with the sleep tracker.
Thank you
kaenglert
Recovery Runner

Water input directly onto the fitbit would be fantastic. For example, I just finished my water bottle, I press the button on the fitbit to log 1 (my preference sized) bottle without the hastles of being online or on my phone.

Thanks!

-KimAE

samirazs
Stepping Up

It would really be great if you could add quick water recording to the Charge 2.

Similar to how stopwatch or breathing starts, I would like to just need to hold the button to add one glass of water.

Goldeneyesii
First Steps

I have just gotten my first ever fitbit and so far am finding it extremely useful. Since I am trying to lose weight, the food/water/weight logs are exceptionally helpful for me. I would love to see the 'quick log' feature (normally a widget on Android) on my Blaze so I don't have to pull out my phone every time I drink a glass/bottle of water, or step on the scale. 

Since fitbit already has a quick log feature, it should be fairly easy to setup on the smartwatch!

Pegomas1
Recovery Runner

It would be good to be able to add water consumption from the tracker rather than having to open the app to do it. Have to say the charge 2 is a great tracker overall though. 

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

KevDoc
Jogger

Yes and even better if we could customise the default quick add e.g. My shaker holds 600ml, which is inbetween the current quick selects of 500 & 750

crazyqueet
Base Runner

Awesome idea!! And I agree with KevDoc on customizing the default quick add. 

Minihyde
Jogger

I have also suggested this idea. I think this would really help the water feature on the app get used, as its too long winded for every time you have a drink. Hope they see this and get it added!

robb_walker
Jogger

Water consumption quick add on my new Charge 2 would be a wonderful idea! Please!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.