Add a "Find my phone" app in the Fitbit App Gallery

We all misplace our phones from time to time. Since there is Bluetooth connection, it should be simple to reverse the notification and ring your phone. So long as the phone is within Bluetooth range, this should be a feature on the new Versa/Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

583 Comments
igoramadas
First Steps

Pretty much like these bluetooth trackers. You could add a new menu / option to start ringing the phone so you can easily find it. I know some smartwatches have this and the Garmin vivosmart as well.

Graham_E
Jogger

Sometimes I misplace my phone, and I think Fitbit could help.

Please consider adding a feature to the Fitbit Surge that allows me trigger an alert on my mobile phone.  This would be helpful because I almost always have my Fitbit Surge on my wrist.

The less time I have to look for my phone means I have more time to get fit:)
iLiasK
Jogger

When you forgot your phone a custom 2-way separation alert notifies you before you leave your fitbit or phone behind.And when you can’t find your phone you can press your fitbit device’s button to ring your phone, even if it’s on silent!So it will be always easy to find.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yea, I think it will work with bluetooth.

When it's on range connection, its' okay, when it's go far from each other, it will vibrate. But sometimes, I just leave my phone for a moment (often) and I don't want it to vibrate every time, when it happens. But idea is good, don't know how they're going to do this.

Ordine
Jogger
I wish me surge could find me phone ,
Just by making it make a noise , loose my phone in the house all the time
Ordine
Jogger

A useful function would be for the
Watch to be able to make a phone ring/vibrate
So you can locate your phone when it's lost in the house somewhere
Find

Moderator edit: Added labels and edited title for clarification 

Ordine
Jogger
Would be nice if I could find my phone by
Using the surge , just to make it ring
So I can locate it in the house
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @Ordine! I completely love this idea. My Fitbit could tell me where is my phone when I lost it and sync my steps Smiley Happy

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board. 

imanilea
Recovery Runner
It would be amazing if there were a phone paging feature on the Blaze. Under settings I tap Find Phone and it causes my phone to vibrate or beep.
RunningEm
Stepping Up

I constantly misplace my phone, so it would be nice to press a button and have my phone ring since the Blaze will always be connected with Bluetooth.

There are many other products that do this, the Garmin Vivosmart has this feature and I was very tempted to go for that option because of the Find Your Phone feature.

It really should be an easy but incredibly valuable update to add to the Blaze and future customers, including myself.

Any plans for that in the future?? 

Thanks!!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Pmartinez
Stepping Up
Loosing my phone practically daily especially with kids running around. This would be a huge life saver.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This feature would come very handy for users who have misplaced their phones for them to find them. Thanks for submitting your request.

Yayamiller
Keeping Pace
I've recently switched room the Fitbit Blaze from Samsung Gearfit and miss the ability for the fitness tracker to communicate with my phone. Gearfit would buzz my wrist when out of Bluetooth range as well as providing anot onscreen choice to find my phone - which range a ring tone. I was so used to this feature keeping track of my phone, I've left the house a few times without my phone. Samsung really integrated their device with the phone better.
PieMavi
Base Runner
What about adding a find my phone functionality on the blaze in the way to make it ring whenever we can't find it? 🙂
hucker
First Steps

Same request.  I loose my phone once a month or so and doing so can be a PITA when I'm alone.  Using my ChargeHR to ring my phone OR my phone to ring my ChargeHR would be a welcome feature.

I triple button press or very long button press to activate would be great.

DD10
Jogger

I totally agree and think this would be a great feature.   Similar to find iphone app, the fitbits with built in GPS (surge) could show exactly where the watch is if it has fallen off, lost, misplaced, or stolen and beep if you wanted it to to help locate it.  The fitbits without GPS should be able to be found by tapping a find my fitbit button on the app and creating the fitbit to make a beeping sound.  

Binski
Recovery Runner

Yes this would be amazing if it could be added to the Charge HR as well!

Brad.
Base Runner

Great idea - unfortunately i've seen many great ideas seem to go unnoticed (by fitbit's development and implementation team) on the forums, so won't hold my breath - But it would be awesome if this was implemented.

Sin_Stalker
Recovery Runner

It is one of the main features I am waiting on before I start recommending the Fitbit Blaze as a good fitness smart watch. I wear mine all the time and this is the main feature I desire.

I have even begun looking at other smartwatch options due to the lack of features on the Blaze. Add it.

And add more watch faces or open up your code so an app store can provide more faces! 😛

GrandmaKay
Jogger

I recently, with the help of my 3 year old grandchild, misplaced my fitbit alta.  I immediately sought after an app in the apple store to assist me in my search figuring there must be something.  I also knew my time was limited due to the battery life remaining on the device.  After several downloading several different apps, some free and some costing $, and after walking around the house hoping for a colder or hotter response from each of the attempted apps it proved to be moot.  One app I downloaded to my phone suggested 'for best results, pre-pair your device' so it was already loaded in the app. 😞  You certainly dont think ahead to do this - at least I didnt.   

My suggestion to FitBit is to included a tracking ability from the smart phone the device is paired to.  I feel if this option would have been available, I might still have my Alta.  Lesson learned for sure for this user. 

Thanks and hopefully, with the next Fitbit purchased, this idea will have come to fruition.

Thanks !!

yayathedog
First Steps

Would be nice if fitbit added a find my phone feature that simply enabled the phone to play a sound if it is within a certain distance. Similarly, a find my fitbit app on the phone would be useful as well.

Ol-Father
Jogger

Great feature recommendation. It's pretty much standard on Garmin devices.

Soupsnakes
Keeping Pace

Many smart watches on the market today have a "Find my phone" capability. It would be nice to have the same feature on the Fitbit blaze, surge, and charge 2, to trigger a sound on the paired phone to assist you in finding it, and vice versa, where the phone would trigger the misplaced Fitbit to vibrate (if applicable).

arogye
First Steps

Agree. Its a very good feature and should be included in next reelase.

Dmcclish
First Steps

Ping your phone, like the Apple Watch, I lose my phone a lot and this would help 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.