Add hourly step count to SDK (so customers can see it on clock faces)

I would like to see the hourly activity feature on the watch face for the Versa. It is unfathomable that you can see calories but not your hourly steps.  Supposedly the Versa is aimed at the mass market, in other words people who are trying to be more fit but don’t necessary exercise on a regular basis. I think one of the greatest features for those trying to increase their activity is to do at least 250 steps each hour. And if you use this feature, you are going to be checking it probably a few times every hour. So why isn’t it on the watch face?  It is available on the Charge 2 watch face.  I would like some reassurance that this oversight by FitBil will soon be remedied.  I would also suggest that all the watch faces allow the user to choose which stats they want to see on the watch face.

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts @ChrisF-Alta

We're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience! I can definitely see how this could be useful for lots of users! 

Let's see what other users have to say about your suggestion!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ChrisF-Alta, thanks for sharing. The reason why there are no clock faces with hourly steps (or reminder to move insights) is because that data is not available for developers in the SDK. I have updated the label to note that and shared this with our platform team. Sounds like it would be a great addition. Thanks!

Drifty26
Strider

Note that this suggestion covers essentially the same thing:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Enable-developing-clock-faces-that-support-Remin...

John

jeremiahlee
Runner
Henlady
Recovery Runner

I would like to see a clock face that shows how many steps I have taken in the hour out of 250. This was my favourite screen in my Charge 2 and I was really disappointed when I realised the inspire HR doesn’t have the same option. Can it have a star when completed. 

Thanks

kathiesch
Recovery Runner

I would like to see an hourly step count on an Inspire HR Clock face.  It is a pain to scroll thru 7 stats I don’t want to get to the hourly step count. It would be extremely helpful as I find the hourly Reminder to Move is not reliable. Sometimes I get the vibration, sometimes not. Very frustrating. 

Swati2309
Jogger

Was this clock face ever added? I just bought an Inspire HR and have the same issue as @kathiesch . Painful to scroll through 7 stats to see hourly step count and hourly reminder is not that reliable. 

Henlady
Recovery Runner
No they haven’t 😡

Sent from my iPhone
WildOliveTree
Jogger

I agree. We need hourly step goals on a clock face. I have a full-time desk job, and I rely heavily on the hourly steps goals to make sure I get up and move every hour for health and circulation. It blows my mind that this doesn't exist.

KathrynK
Jogger

I came on this forum after spending over an hour trying to figure out how to put hourly step progress on my Versa 3 clock face. So I would add my voice to others here that are requesting that option. I understand that it is a developers challenge. 

Thank you for this forum.

sitiventi
First Steps

Hi I have just bought a fitbit ace 3 for my 8 year old and was wondering if there is a function to turn the heart rate monitoring on yet?

I see there are some sensors on the back but I am really struggling to activate the heart rate function.

Does anyone know if this function is available of the ace 3 please?

Thanks a lot

DarleneOH
First Steps

There are third party watch faces to show your hourly steps taken which is a great feature.

I would also like to see the hourly steps tracked on the phone app for the current day. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.