Alarm Should Vibrate Until Dismissed (on Fitbit devices)

The silent alarm in a tracker buzzes only for few times and then stops vibrating.It should vibrate until stopped by the user. Thank You 

Moderator Edit: Edited title and format.

126 Comments
davmey
First Steps

No kidding, in fact I had assumed when buying the fitbit that it wouldn't turn off with the tap of the button because I'm prone to do that in my sleep without thinking. I would much rather have to disable it from my phone or something like that. OR at least choose whether or not I can disable it (1) with a tap or (2) from my phone or (3) by amount of steps or (4) by stepping on to the aria scale. It's clear that this should allow for more configuration - it's a key feature.

cdkennedy
Jogger

yes-too easy to miss

Maryk73
First Steps

Would love to have an update for the Alta silent alarm! 3 vibrations is just not enough to wake me to a level I won't doze off again, and 9 minutes between alarms is way too long! Would love a stronger and more persistent alarm.

Weast
Stepping Up

I would like to increase the alarm time as well

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Silent alarms should not be something easy to miss.  Longer duration -- pester me until I react -- or greater intensity.  The current Silent Alarms on the Charge 2 is a mere shadow of what it used to be.

Louxycharms1991
First Steps

I would also like this for my flex 2! Doesn't seem too hard to do in an update. I have to set several alarms one after the other, kind of a hassle.

haileyreffitt
Jogger

YES!! I always sleep through them since they only vibrate for such a short time!

DyB
Recovery Runner

Yes and maybe for alarms a little more buzz as I sometimes don't wake up either

CGN00
Jogger

I agree. I am on day two, second day I've slept in. 

I might try setting multiple alarms but that seems redundant...it should vibrate until you turn it off.

owensj
Recovery Runner

I agree.  The alarm vibrations are sooo weak - the only possibility to wake me up is if the vibrations continued until turned off my a button press.

Divanci
Jogger

I agree! To be sure I wake up I set two alarms 🙂 

Ahmedyounes
Premium User
Recovery Runner

it should be a second option as if you wakeup on hurry and noticed that you drained you battery it wont help .. 

vle045
Runner

I keep visualizing the scenario where someone in a dorm set their alarm clock and goes out of town so the entire dorm is trying to find a way to get in the room to stop the alarm that won't stop.  Hahahaha.  Or the day I leave my Fitbit on the dresser and my hubby is home sleeping (he works nights and sleeps days) and there goes my fitbit just buzzing along...  :-).   I guess as long as it is a user setting to have it just buzz for a time or until tapped...  

Mdean
First Steps

I would love to see a setting to keep the back light on 30 to 60 seconds i just it for work and withheart rate i need thatAt extra time to monitor. 

Riekopo
Base Runner

It should be customizable.

Joe12473
First Steps

I'm surprised this hasn't been changed yet considering the amount of people wanting it for years now. I can't use a key feature on my fitbit because the alarm only lasts a short time and i'm a heavy sleeper. Please for the love of god spend some time implementing customizable options for silent alarms already. Give your consumers an option to have it vibrate for 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 2 minutes, etc.

CGN00
Jogger
What I ended up doing was setting 6 alarms. Goes off every minute for 6
minutes. I have a total of 18 alarms set based on the days routine. 6 is
enough to wake me and I'm someone that drops into a sleep with a HR of
45.... It's a shifty workaround but one that has worked for me.
Jacanne
Keeping Pace

Please please please give us a proper upgrade to the Charge HR.

I had to return the Charge 2 as the silent alarm was non existent. I really liked it but a silent alarm is a key feature to me and I could hardly feel it when I was awake let alone when I'm asleep.

I am hoping the next tracker fitbit bring out will look as good as the Charge 2 with the same intensity alarm as the Charge HR, possibly with the ability to use it for swimming.....Garmin have done it, why can't Fitbit !!

Whitebeard65
Jogger

Silent Alarm is an oxymoron.

Whitebeard65
Jogger

Silent Alarms is an oxymoron

desertwren
Jogger

A stronger and longer vibration is needed.

Dolphlynn
First Steps

I had the HR and loved the silent alarm. I upgraded to HR2 and the silent alarm is not as strong as it was on the original HR PLEASE bring that back. Thanks. 

Alexgemma
First Steps

@Niramay wrote:

The silent alarm in blaze buzzes only for few times and then stops vibrating.It should vibrate until stopped by the user. Thank You 

Moderator Edit: Edited title and format.

Agree! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Or at least vibrate until the battery goes dead.

TroutGrrrl
First Steps

I agree.  My Alta really doesn't wake me up and I was SURE it would.  I'm not a heavy sleeper, but this is so unreliable that I can't use it.  Who can afford to be late for work?  It needs to continue longer or be more intense.  I suspect the former would be easier to achieve.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.