Allow Customers to choose between Dashboards

In the latest update of the Fitbit app, the Dashboard that customers interact with daily underwent a huge visual downgrade. It is far less appealing to look at, and harder to quickly see where you are with your daily goals. Please allow Customers to choose their dashboard, similar to how customers can choose their fitbits clock faces. It makes sense to at least allow a choice between the new version and the old version of the dashboard. PLEASE consider this. 

To Vote for a choice between the new and old dashboard, go to "Feature Suggestions" - then "Allow customers to choose between dashboards" should be near the top of the list.
379 Comments
Dragainin
Recovery Runner

I just wanted you to know that. 

I have a Samsung S8 with Android Pie.

The other day, I opened my Fitbit app to find a big red App Redesign Beta button at the top of my screen.  I clicked it not knowing what I was getting myself into.

After playing with the new version for three days, I was unable to figure out how to change things to my liking.  For instance, I want my Today Items; steps, floors, calories, etc. on the top with the other information, Activity Items below.  Your help article states that Today Items are on top but it's not the case.  Apparently, you cannot move it to the top.  In addition, there are options I have no interest in seeing like the steps per hour or food intake.  Apparently, there is no way to hide those things.  You can move them to the bottom of the list but, because the user is forced to have those things at the top of the screen instead of steps, etc.,  they are still visible and, in my case, in the way.

I finally completely uninstalled the app from my phone and then reinstalled it.  I was able to get the non-redesigned version back but now that big red button is at the top of my screen again that I can’t get rid of.  I will not be clicking that button again!!!!

JoeKII
Base Runner

I Agree!! The new redesign is a visual downgrade! The old version was so nice! I tried to get the old version back by uninstalling like you did, but it did not work for me, upon reinstall I got the new version again instead of the old one! My GF still has the old version and holding my app next to her's, it's shocking the design team approved the new version as better! Very disapointed. I suggested the developers allow us to choose between the old dashboard and the new one, sorta like we can choose the clock faces on our fitbits. Everything else about the update can be left, but let us choose the dashboard .I made a thread about this here on this forum, just sort the suggestions by "recent" and you will see my post. If you could give it a thumbs up, it would help it gain traction and hopefully the devs will see it. Thanks. 

JoeKII
Base Runner

Oh, looks like our threads got merged .Guess you won't have trouble finding my post. A thumb up would still be appreciated. 

SummerWeinhold
First Steps

Agreed. The old version was way nicer to look at!

CrazyLAGirl
Base Runner

I strongly agree with this suggestion and would be ecstatic to get the old version of the app back PLEASE!  No thumbs up so I can't thumb up the suggestion.  Thank you!

JoeKII
Base Runner

No thumbs up button? It should show up if you go to this link, my thread is at the top of the list, there should be a thumbs up button next to it. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

CrazyLAGirl
Base Runner

Thanks @JoeKII found it!!  I appreciate your post.  I was a bit upset about the change. I appreciate your rational approach and hope that they will consider making the new version optional.  I really loved the previous dashboard - it popped... since the change things have been very buggy as well.  Fingers crossed....  😉

Aniela
Recovery Runner

I can't stand the new dash board!!

Is there a way to get previous version back?

Also since the update my widget disappeared and even though can find it in my Widgets ir keeps disappearing!!

Very disappointing update 😞

Don't feel like using the app at all !!

little_odds
Jogger

Most certainly. If Fitbit cannot hire a competent UI designer, at least let us keep the dashboard that wasn't broken.

awhitney72
First Steps

Agree. New interface is terrible, and doesn't seem to have total steps as an available metric. Umm, hello? What's the point then? Please offer option to revert to old version which worked fine. 

Dynomite7
First Steps

It’s no wonder the company is going downhill. First, my Fitbit account decided that my email and password were not correct. I have been a member since 2014, I think I know my name and password!!! Called customer service a month ago, they could not reset or help me. They put in a work order lol. I have heard nothing back from them since. They suck, they offered another option, I could make a new account with a new email account and lose all of my data. I just assume get rid of the stupid Fitbit as the new dashboard sucks and it doesn’t show how many steps you took. What’s the Fitbit all about? Steps, right? Ugh...

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

If you remember the dashboard that you want back so badly had many complaints when it first came out. 

JoeKII
Base Runner

Yah and then over time it became a very polished product that everyone came to love. This new version is not change because it's better, it's change for changes sake. Held side by side, the new design looks terrible. Everything is shrunk and squished together.  Even the icons are a visual downgrade. 

Fotor_155638097053986__01.jpg

Fotor_155638092475357__01.jpg

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your simply repeating what was posted when the last 3 major changes to the dashboard was released. 

Several have installed Fitbit and installed a fresh copy,  then they declined the beta version of the next dashboard. 

Since it is a beta version that you where invited to,  we really can not expect it to be as smooth as the final release. 

Personally I'm finding it more intuitive and easier to get to the info or settings that matter. 

JoeKII
Base Runner

You can be as dismissive as you'd like, but clearly many of us feel quite the opposite of you. I expect as the update gets rolled out to more people we'll hear plenty more. This thread is a very reasonable request from the community on the choice of dashboard, wether or not you acknowledge that doesn't matter. 

JoeKII
Base Runner

As far as "installing a fresh copy" (fresh copy? You mean redownloading the app?), It doesn't work. Redownloading from the app store just gets you the latest version with no beta option to speak of .

PJHines
Jogger

Here’s another vote for bringing the old app back. I’ve been a loyal customer for years and now have to dig to get my sleep stats. Perhaps it’s finally time for me to toss my Fitbit and get an Apple Watch. I too was not asked to upgrade.  

Susanblue
Recovery Runner

Lots of problems and issues with this upgrade... or rather downgrade imo. What is the point of a fitbit (app) if you cant see the steps/distance/activity and calorie information 🤷‍:female_sign:🤷‍:female_sign:🤷‍:female_sign:poor show. 

Even IF these issues ger fixed i think the "new look" looks cheap and basic.... 

little_odds
Jogger
There is always a useful idiot (paid idiot?) who would voice an opinion
having nothing to do with merits of the suggestion - and when called out,
continue to insist that white is black. The entire point is to allow the
idiots and corporate cheerleaders to use whatever crap they like and allow
others to opt out of this "improvement". I do not usually participate in
community forums, but when the beta of the new UI was rolled out, I checked
it out, and immediately switched back. That was my vote. It has been
disregarded then and now shoved down the throat.
CarameliPod
Base Runner

I hate the new Dashboard, You copied from the Versa visual to the new FitBit app dashboard and i don't like it. I like the old dashboard better 

kbotcheller
Recovery Runner

I was not given a choice, my app just updated automatically. It doesn't fully function- I don't have step count or other info at the top of my "today" section.

Aniela
Recovery Runner

I would like to go back to my old dashboard.Currently part of it is missing...no calories and step count.

It's useless to me and I had no choice in the matter!

Stonkin
Jogger

Mine updated automatically too and nowhere does it indicate that it's a beta version. I've now lost the ability to set alarms which is extremely annoying especially as it was so easy on the old version!

CrazyLAGirl
Base Runner

This was the last push for me to buy an Apple Watch! My walks no longer automatically register. I have to touch a category to get it to update after a synch. Just crappy UI and CX. Too bad. Can’t believe this isn’t being addressed!

laxdad93
Stepping Up

Adding my agreement that the new interface is a step back, I've been dealing with support thru FB and all I seem to get back is they'll look at it. I can only get my dashboard info by using the webbased version, not at all convenient. It's almost like there was no user testing of the interface. From some of the notes it looks like some were given option of a beta as an android user it was pushed to my phone overnight. My fault because I had defaulted to accept app updates as they come. Hopefully the dashboard isn't missing for too long.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.