Allow night shift reminders to move (or customized hours)

Please allow night shift hours to be selected for reminders to move. I work 7p to 7a at the hospital and the current feature only allows half of my shift to be selected. It doesn't recognize those 12 hours as consecutive hours. It would also be helpful to select different time frames for different days. I work nights 3 days a week, but the rest of the week I am awake and active during the day. I'd like to customize the reminders for certain hours on specified days.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

579 Comments
IronOtter
First Steps

FitBit Support suggested I post this here.

As a shift worker, my days start in the evenings and end in the mornings. Currently, there is no option to set the Reminder to Move window for a PM to AM option. Best I can do is start the window at midnight but this misses several hours prior.

Request that either a PM to AM option be added or the option to add multiple reminder windows.

Moderator's edit: Labels

nyreak
Jogger

I completely agree with this, and was coming over to post a similar request. My typical day runs from 10am-2am, but I can only set it to do reminders from 10am-11pm. I can't set it to midnight, even, because that's a separate day. I'm up and about then, so why can't it go until 11:59 at least? 

Also, why is it 5-14 hours? Aren't most people typically awake for 16+ hours a day?

Brenkata
Recovery Runner

I agree.  I work 2nd shift at a hospital and sometimes help out working graveyards for my co-workers.  My work hours frequently go into the a.m. and the reminders to move in the middle of the night would help me stay awake too!

Akgirl74
Jogger
Can you just make the hourly move feature for while your NOT sleeping! I work shift work 5p-5a but I switch on my days off to days so my first day off I'm up for about 30 hours sometimes. I would like the feature to just automatically be active during awake hours and shut off while I am sleeping.
Akgirl74
Jogger
That was supposed to say "shift work & awake for more then 14 hours"
Activeperson
Jogger

Hourly activity shouldn't be limited to 14 hrs. There are those of us who are moving from 5a to midnight due to work, kids, etc. should be open to 24 hrs a day.

Smeggalodon
First Steps

I definitely agree. I work from 11P-3/4A. That would be wonderful.

smythch
First Steps
Agree wholeheartedly. My shedule is from 2 pm to 6:00 am. There is no way to get 14 hours because your minimum is 5 hours.
ReadingRabbit
First Steps

Thank you for mentioning this! I work from 5pm to 3am and I had exactly the same gripe! Hopefully they can change the app soon!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I have the same issue. I work 6pm to 6am so tracking my actual activity is difficult. It would be great to bad able to select any consecutive hours even from one day to the next.
Hicee
First Steps
I work nights as well and would love to be able to set my Blaze for when I'm working night an reprogram it when I'm off to a am day time schedule, it very hard to try to keep up with my step, please do a update on this
smythch
First Steps
Will do. As soon as I see a fix come through I will post it.

Sent from my iPhone
Jessipooh10
First Steps
I wish there was a way to just select a number of active hoursto achieve dieting a day vs a set time. I work nights 3 days a week so some time I'm active e all day and other times I'm active all night. I would like to get a more accurate portray of my active vs stationary time.
smythch
First Steps
Yes, but it is a two step process. 5 p to 12 am. Then 12 am to 5 am. You can not set for anything less than five hours. Cathryn

Sent from my iPhone
Anticyclone
First Steps
Allow active hours to cover the entire 24h period. That would probably satisfy all shift workers
smythch
First Steps
I agree wholeheartedly.

Sent from my iPhone
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

please only put one request in a suggestion and do a search before making a suggestion.

Cripavenger
Recovery Runner
I agree, let's make it an automatic sync for the hours we're awake and moving.

I'm often busiest 11pm-2am bug would love to set from 2p-2a. Or run 24hrs.

Please fix!!
Cripavenger
Recovery Runner
Should say *but would love....
smythch
First Steps
Agree wholeheartedly.

Sent from my iPhone
DLH1978
First Steps

It would be great to have it allow for custom setups.  I work 7 days on and 7 days(wednesday to wednesday) off from 6pm to 6am and then back to being awake during the day...so I have had to change my active hours every time i go home or go to work..

zivug
Keeping Pace

It really jarred me when my Alta came and I discovered the RTM would not cross the midnight line! How archaic...you guys are supposed to be forward thinking techies, for Pete's sake. One of my considerations in getting an Alta was the RTM option. Get with the program, folks - people been living their lives at night for a very long time. I'm pushing seventy and need those reminders to get up and shake it loose. 

Thanks, Guys.

smythch
First Steps
Feel your pain. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone
Kmarieculp
First Steps
The new hourly tracker seems nice, but for those of us that work the night shift it's useless. The default time to move is 9am to 5pm which is when I sleep. It would be nice to be able to change the times so I can track how active I am at work too.
tamlemieux
First Steps

You can do that actually.

Go to account > settings > activity (under goals)

it is the very last thing on the list.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.