Allow to adjust font size on Luxe display

Although the clock screen is big and clear, the important stats (why we purchased the Fitbit to begin with) is microscopic.
Allow an option to increase font size or even rotate stats, like steps, horizontally so it can be easily read while moving.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

70 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PEMusic, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the possibility of increasing the font size for the Fitbit Luxe. 

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

mata
Recovery Runner

The battery level percentage is so minuscule you'd need bionic eyes to see it. 

Tennis_Mom
First Steps

Yes! The Luxe display is way too small to read stats, have to rely on phone.  The display needs to show these stats in larger sizes that are readable.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your feedback about this, @mata @Tennis_Mom! Don't forget to add your vote for this suggestion. 😀 

tristaner
Recovery Runner

I use the workout option, and the heart rate is almost invisible. When you are working out, you want to quickly glance at your tracker to see your HR. This is nuts. 

image.jpg

The crazy thing is, the Charge 2 had the best display.  I bought the Charge 3 because it was waterproof- but the display paled in comparison to the Charge 2. Then I purchased the 4, assuming they display was better- but it was worse. 

I assumed since the Luxe had a color screen, the stars would be bigger. 

Please update this feature. 

Ellen21
First Steps

It seems like a small request that would make your product more useful and safer to use while working out. Just a common sense move. I don’t understand the need to vote to improve the Luxe.

PEMusic
Jogger
Yes: I agree. A “Common sense” move for sure.

I’m finding the tiny fonts very difficult to see especially when working out.

It seems the makers of Fitbit put much more effort into creating a watch face display instead of a workout display.
Ellen21
First Steps
I totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone
jp.bond
Jogger

if you feel it's more important to integrate Spotify or Pokemon Go before dealing with the font size that has been asking for YEARS, just because there are more votes for those features, I'm sorry and surprised ... There are logical and essential demands, and others which are only frivolous but popular ... Make the right choices !

LMayers
Jogger

I just purchased the Luxe, my 4th Fitbit, and I wholeheartedly agree. I was so excited about the larger display after my Alta HR and I'm so mad that I can't read anything other than the time without reading glasses. This is ridiculous. It's going to be unusable when I'm working out for tracking anything. 

Ellen21
First Steps
I know your disappointment. I don’t understand how the designers at Fitbit could find this acceptable. Obviously they are behind a desk monitor and aren’t actively using their own products.

Sent from my iPhone
melzani
First Steps

Yes please! I can't read the number of steps while I'm walking. This makes the tracker quite useless...

Ellen21
First Steps
I know!!! Keep after Fitbit! They need to fix this design flaw!

Sent from my iPhone
tristaner
Recovery Runner

Anyone else considering returning for the Charge 5?  I see that it has a color display...shame because I absolutely love the bracelet, but I can get an aftermarket for the 5...

Elsiem
First Steps

I was really excited to get the new luxe, but already am disappointed the font is so small, it’s hard to read step count and other data and messages , which only come though intermittently. 
I can’t understand why the screen is so small in comparison to the size of the face, 

really disappointed ☹️

Ellen21
First Steps
It is a disappointment. I am sorry you are having the same experience as many others. Just keep reminding FitBit of your concerns. Maybe together, we can get this flaw fixed!! Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone
tristaner
Recovery Runner
Return it and order the Charge 5. They have nice after market bracelets --
Trista Nerich
Rodan and Fields Independent Consultant

UNHAPPY WITH YOUR SKIN? I CAN HELP!

Click Here to View Some Amazing Before and After Shots!

201-214-6438
PEMusic
Jogger
Having looked at the luxe “screen” more carefully, I can see that the display is actually half the size of the black screen space. So, it doubtful that Fitbit could ever increase the font size.
How silly of them to use such a small display screen and hide it under a black face so it appears bigger than it actually is.
‘Regret this purchase for sure.
Ellen21
First Steps
You are right! The screen is small. What they could do is reduce the amount of data showing and do single stats instead of multiple. The clock is easily read. Now just put steps by itself, and all of the other stats by themselves. They could use a step down from the clock sized font and that way they could be read, maybe!

Sent from my iPhone
PEMusic
Jogger
Yes. That would make it more useful.
Hope they allow this update.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback @Ellen21 @PEMusic, all comments received from users are greatly appreciated. Unfortunately there are no other updates regarding this feature for the moment.  

GraceTheMoon11
First Steps

Since the update I have noticed that all of the text on the Luxe scrolls due to the font size being increased and I’m finding this very hard to read. There needs to be accessibility settings to change font sizes for the Luxe.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

mookielady
Base Runner

Yes I absolutely agree! I'm also finding scrolling through my stats is not as smooth as it was before. I feel like before the stats scrolled by one by one but now they get cut off or skipped completely and it's a little tedious to get it to display nicely. 

Megseels
Recovery Runner

Agreed. My fitbit is basically unusable in its current state. Even the settings don't fit the screen. No longer displays full step count, just an abbreviation. Notifications are.impossible to read broken up as they are.

They were a little tricky before because the screen is still small, but now they're impossible. I can't use my Luxe like this. I'm probably going to have to bust an old tracker out of storage.

mmstrings
Jogger

I absolutely agree!

When I first looked at my fitbit after the update I thought something had gone wrong. None of the words are able to fit on the screen anymore, making everything really annoying to read. I also agree that its difficult to scroll through the main menu now that it doesn't go directly to each section.

I immediately looked for a way to reverse this update and was disappointed to discover I was stuck with this version 😞 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.