Add Amazon Audible app for Fitbit Smartwatches

The app store needs an Audible app for us bookworms. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

326 Comments
tazdiva
First Steps

It would be fantastic if you would add the Audible application to the Iconic.  I listen to audiobooks instead of music when I work out because it keeps me motivated more than listening to the same music repeatedly.  I'm sure there are some licensing or other legal hurdles to overcome.  However, I would definitely buy the Iconic.  I already wear my Fitbit when I work out and would love NOT to have to also take my cellphone into the gym as well.  And I'm sure I am not the only one who would love to see this feature added.

Thanks for your consideration

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Cat Happy

JettleMania
Recovery Runner

Must have! Then I could truly leave my phone at home.

IZM
Jogger

That would be AWESOME!

bumpandrun
Recovery Runner

I would like to see a kindle app for listening to books without having to take my phone with me.

JadeAKD
First Steps

Add Audible App. Music is useless to me and now with the Fitbit ionic I thought I could listen to my audio books and can’t. 

bumpandrun
Recovery Runner

Actually, the Audible app is what it needs.

bumpandrun
Recovery Runner

Bring the votes!  We need the Audible app!

Billycopper
First Steps

How about an integration with other apps such as Audible so that it can pause or bookmark it if Fitbit detects that I've fallen asleep while listening to a book.

Moderator edit: added label

RobIgoUK
Strider

this would be a great addition - Audible is a great app for runners far better than listening to music - FITBIT do it you'll increase sales (me for one)

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @CodeRoad0101! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. Do you mean you'll like the Ionic to reproduce sounds with a speaker? or do you mean you'll like an audio book kind of app? We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

bumpandrun
Recovery Runner

He means the actual Audible app from Amazon (not just some book app) for listening to books. That's why he merged my suggestion with his. I would much rather listen to Audible while working out than music. Makes the time go by faster.

tazdiva
First Steps

I mean the Audible app from Amazon.

JettleMania
Recovery Runner

@CodeRoad0101 wrote:

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Right!? What kind of moderator doesn't understand what we're talking about...?

@CodeRoad0101 wrote:

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

CodeRoad0101
First Steps

Hey SantiFitbit, 

This Audible. 

https://www.audible.com/

RobIgoUK
Strider

Moderator.

We mean... have an audible.com app (audible is owned by Amazon) for the watch, allowing us to transfer the book we're listening too on our smartphone (in the audible app) to the watch so we are then able to listen to the book without the phone - e.g. when I go running (via bluetooth headphones paired with the watch).

Hope this is clear!  FYI.. the first smartwatch that does this I will buy as I'm sure will many audible users - please be the first!

joepp00
First Steps

Yes...audible.com app stand-alone for ionic.  I would pay for this!

Royaune
Jogger

Updates please on progress or not for including the audible.com app.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

yes, that would be really nice indeed! +1

Arcalion
First Steps

Adding my voice to those wanting an Audible.com app.

Bodrero
First Steps

I’m 99% there on purchasing an Ionic, an Audible app would most definitely push me over the line!

Gizmo98
First Steps

This is a definite must. I'm sure it will need to be done by Amazon/Audible, but please do what you can, Fitbit!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

First the Charge 2 will need to get music control. 

LL3390
First Steps

Agreed! Would definitely buy Ionic if Audible was available! Tired of having to carry a cellphone on a run!

LaurieWR
First Steps

YES, PLEASE!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.