Add Amazon Audible app for Fitbit Smartwatches

The app store needs an Audible app for us bookworms. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

326 Comments
4petzz
First Steps

+1 vote to Audible app. Please

ropacon
First Steps

Yes PLEASE! Ionic NEEDS and AUDIBLE app!!!

kpolninja
Recovery Runner

Yes please!

IPAsAreA-OK
First Steps

An audible app would be fantastic! Please make this feature a reality for the versa. 

IPAsAreA-OK
First Steps

Here's a brief tutorial that has worked well for me for anyone who loves Audible and needs the best solution currently available (for the Versa anyways). For reference this will be for those with Android phones and Windows:

Step 1. Find your .aax Files

There are probably a few ways to find your .axx files. I found mine using my PC connected to my android device and navigating to:

[Phone Name]\Phone\Android\data\com.audible.application.files.

Copy all files to the directory. At this point you will not be able to identify which audio books are which.

Step 2. Download Epubor Audible Converter

Yes, it's a paid app, but you can get 50% off with the code: DCEE251C84

Step 3. Convert to MP3

Click the +Add button and navigate to your directory. You'll now be able to hover over each individual file to identify which audio book is which. 

Hit the Convert to MP3 button and your audio book will be converted into one giant MP3 File. This can take a bit depending on your PC/size of the audio book. 

Step 4. Split the MP3 Using mp3splt

I'd highly recommend not loading one giant MP3 file to your device, especially since the Versa has no tracking feature in the music app. 

Download mp3splt and use the Batch & automatic split tab. I decided on a time split for every 240 seconds. That gives you a nice tracking ability without a ton of re listening necessary if you get off track or forget your place. 

Protip: Use a custom output format in Preferences for easy track naming. I settled for @n-@f which is [Track #]-[File Name]

Click the Batch split! button to convert.

Step 5. Load to your device using the Fitbit Windows App

Simply connect your device to your PC, create a custom place list, and load your Split MP3s!

I hope this helps some of you out there. I know it was a lifesaver for me, since I typically don't enjoy music while running and hate carrying around my giant S8+. Cheers 🙂

emeryborsodi
First Steps

I just bought a new Versa -- fourth fitbit purchase.  I would be overjoyed if you had an audible app for the versa.  Many of us prefer audio books over music for our workouts, jogs, runs, or walks!

markboston34
First Steps

Please work with audible or write your own audible app.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @markboston34

Mrsinserra
First Steps

Yes please.   I want to get a fitbit watch but being able to listen to audiobooks is super important for me.

2boots4u
Stepping Up
Hi

I haven't tried to download any program for books - I have a versa (which I
love) but it does not have built in GPS so I end up taking my phone when I
walk, go out etc - my books are on my phone so not a problem for me to no
have the books on my versa - I can download music on my versa but it will
not accept MP3 files for books

Boots
Nitromom
First Steps

Yes! Need to have audible please. 

Drazzminius
First Steps

I can’t believe this doesn’t already exist!  I know sooooo many people that listen to Audible thru their phones while working out. We ***REALLY*** need this app!

Maxerpoo
First Steps

Audible would be awesome to have!

No_one_special
Stepping Up

Yes Please

Kev80
Jogger

Would love the audible app to work on Fitbit

agould0523
First Steps

On my runs I like to listen to Audiobooks, if theres a way to get the audible app on the ionic.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @agould0523 thank you for your comment. I merged it here, since we already have an existing feature suggestion regarding this topic. 

07regnaR
First Steps

By now, hopefully you guys get it. Those of us who seek out exercising diversions by listening to audible books, would very much like the ability to do so via our IONICs. We have supported your product, all we are asking is that you find a way to support us. Remember, without us there is no you! 🙂

2boots4u
Stepping Up
Hi

Not just Ionic but Versa as well!!!!

Anne
RedSharpie
Jogger

Oh, man, do I want this. Was looking for some way to move the C25K program/book that Audible has to my Versa for training. Might have to see if there is just a .mp3 file or something that I can use in the mean time.

BIGHOTMAMA68
Recovery Runner

Oh lordy lordy please sort an audio book app I love my music but would to listen to a book whilst doing housework etc lol 

07regnaR
First Steps
I hope that if enough people complain, the powers that be will find a way
to make this happen. It only takes one more voice!

Herman C. Fisher
Lakegirl137
Jogger
I agree but they’re not hearing us. And when they do, we’ll probably have to buy a new fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
07regnaR
First Steps
Although that is a real possibility, all we can do is try. Maybe our
actions will make it easier for the next generation of "FitBit-ers"!😀

--
R.L.T.W.
Herman C. Fisher
Ken1952
First Steps

O would buy it if it had Audible.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.