Average sleeping heart rate

This would be a very easy add to the app. I use my fitbit to mainly track resting heart rate with training as it doesn't record so well on the bike. I find the resting heart rate that fitbit reports doesn't fluctuate as much as it should. I have found by looking at my daily heart rate graphs, that the average heart rate I have while sleeping (eye-balled) is a better indicator of recovery status, or how fresh I am feeling, compared to fitbits reported resting heart rate. Fitbit already marks the times while asleep, and it also has the heart rate data, so it's simply a matter of cropping that section of data and reporting the average. 

As fitbit is trying to cater to those trying to push their bodies, this would help would be a valuable metric to many so they can train without injuring themselves or overtraining. I would like to see the average heart rate while sleeping, but for the average user who doesn't know what all the numbers mean, it provides fitbit a chance to develop a flashy "freshness score" that would tell people how ready they are to take on the day. This would be affected by stress and exercise, so it would be valuable to everyone. 

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. This could be useful for getting a recovery status. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription serviceFitbit Premium shows you how much your heart rate slows down during sleep and how this affects your sleep quality. Fitbit Premium will also have a Sleep Score where you can receive a nightly score in the Fitbit app for better insight into your sleep quality. Your score is based on heart rate (sleeping and resting), restlessness, time awake and Sleep Stages. 

@chris_rowley18, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.