"Calendar" entries of the current day and previous days

The Fitbit Ionic is a very attractive product. However, it cannot be taken seriously as a smartwatch replacement unless it offers a way to to look at the calendar entries of the current day (i.e., look ahead) and previous days. Receiving calendar notification events is not sufficient. One needs to be able to look ahead, before the notifications occur.

Google Calendar support would be sufficient.

If one could additionally initiate opening up a particular calendar entry on the phone with the Ionic that would be extra helpful, but just browsing through the calendar entries would be sufficient (but essential) as far as I'm concerned.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @FitmanFit! This is a very nice suggestion, thanks for sharing your suggestion again. Keen to hear what others think?

Lastchance618
Keeping Pace

I agree that being able to see your calendar timeline is very essential to the smartness of the watch.  As a Pebble owner that’s one of the very nice features is time line outlining events for the entire day. 

Rpotter1000
Jogger

Agreed, though not about Google Calendar being sufficient, as I'm an Apple calendar user. Pebble used to have a nice timeline feature that integrated with my calendar, so I would guess it wouldn't be very difficult to get the feature.

iotkb
First Steps

It would be absolutely great if there was a possibility to see the first upcoming event(s) on the watch face too.

Floydster
First Steps

This is a mandatory feature to even be called a smart watch. You should be able to see your events for the day and even next day or so. This should just read your calendar from you phone. So if you have multiple calendars you can choose all or one. The Pebble watch did this which FitBit bought. 

iChadman
Base Runner

Pebble did it perfectly- you own their assets. The pebble looked to the calendar app on the phone and pulled the data in that way. Very efficient. It would be awesome if the Versa could do the same.

Lastchance618
Keeping Pace
Agree that a timeline feature for Ionic would be great.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad
KB7950
First Steps

I agree that this feature is really needed.  I don't want all of the junk on an iWatch, but being able to quickly see the next couple of events in my Calendar would be really useful. I see there are third-party apps for this, but I'm not willing to give my Gmail login information to an unknown party.  I have no idea what they do with that info and they could be reading all of my emails.  I've also seen a lot of complaints about third-party apps eating up battery life.  Please add this ASAP. 

reiga
Jogger

please add the upcoming events (l need all calendars from my google/phone calendar) into the "today"-view! it belongs to today!

Nick--B
Recovery Runner

Completely agree, as an ex-Pebble owner, I was shocked that there was no Fitbit calendar/upcoming appointments feature. Relying on a third party app, which I've found often takes a long time to sync and display appointments (or just times out) is not a solution (link).  Come on FitBit, surely all that knowledge from the ex-Pebble and code can be reused, at least in part, to produce a usable calendar for the Versa/Ionic.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

RachLC
First Steps
I would love to be able to scroll through appointments for more that 2 days, as I am constantly checking my calendars for upcoming appointments and for new bookings.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RachLC, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see calendar entries of previous days. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

likebear
First Steps
You need to have the ability to replace, remove, or add gmails to your agenda app
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @likebear, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to replace, remove, or add emails to you calendar app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.