Bring back time stamps in sleep log

A few days ago, I got out of bed at 4:09 AM to let my dog out into the backyard, so she could take a few moments to do what dogs need to do when they have been kept inside the house for 7+ hours. After the dog came back in I went back to bed, and eventually went back to sleep.

In my sleep log I have a pink marker in a spot that makes it likely it's covering the minutes I was awake and out of bed. I can't verify that, since it doesn't have a time stamp. Much worse is that I have no idea how many minutes it took me to go back to sleep, and whether my time awake was longer or shorter than yesterday morning and by how much.

The sleep log used to tell me this. Please bring back this feature.

6 Comments
Kevin_C
Stepping Up

In the great new update to show sleep stages, a feature important to sleep apnea sufferers such as myself was removed. The number of times awake is an important metric for judging whether my CPAP machine and mask are working properly, or if it is due for a new mask. I used to check this on the app.

It's also important to be able to compare the number of times awakened over time in the premium sleep reports, however since the sleep stages update, it has been showing 0 every night.

karmadoc
First Steps

I would like to see the Fitbit app have a timeline of hours underneath both the sleep and step logs, as the old PC dashboard used to have, just so that I can track patterns of when I'm awake or restless or doing the most steps.  The new PC dashboard has a timeline still for steps but not sleep and the App has one for neither which sucks.

LainieF
Base Runner

I strongly support this request.

Please put a time graph along the bottom of the Sleep Pattern page for the Fitbit.com dashboard.

tango503
Recovery Runner

I used to be able to tell when I was awakened during my sleep period, and now I cannot. When the dog wakes me, I look at the clock (if only to tell her it's not morning yet), but when I'm awake or restless from some internal stimuli, such as stress, I don't. Without the time stamp I can no longer tell what's disturbing my sleep. Heck, I can look at the clock and tell how many hours and minutes I was in bed to sleep. The lack of the time stamp makes my Fitbit useless for sleep tracking. Please bring back the time stamp!

susanslc
Jogger

I had found the previous sleep tracker to be very helpful.  I could see an overall view of many days of sleep, and click on each bar to get more details on that day.  I could go into an individual day and see the specific spikes and use the time along the horizontal axis to determine the time of the spike (and I believe if I hovered over the bar it would tell me the precise time - e.g., 4:28am).   That let me correlate to other events (e.g., what caused me to awaken).

With the new sleep tracker, I am having trouble doing the same and a chat with support confirmed it was intentional those features were removed and they cannot be re-enabled (but they suggested posting here).

I can still see the overall view, but clicking the bars does nothing.  I can go into the table below the graph and use the right arrow to see each day in more detail.  I can see the color-coded bars, but mouse over doesn't tell me the time.  There is no longer time on the horizontal axis - just the start time and end time.   There is an edit capability - but that needs a specific time value.  I try to eyeball it and guess but it's rather difficult.   E.g., I want to edit it to end at the awake spike when I got up but forgot to push the button to end tracking.  I can see the spike but there is no time so I randomly guess values and do edits and watch the bar graph change.  It would be SO much easier if I could just know that the spike was at 5:56 am and thus I want to edit that as the end time.

Appreciate any insight as to why removing those capabilities was intentional - I can't imagine knowing the times was really that annoying to folks and it's helpful to others like me.

BTW, using a laptop vs. my phone to access the graphs.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dragon1ady @susanslc @tango503 @LainieF @karmadoc this is possible! Go into the your sleep tile in the app, click on your sleep stages results which will bring you to a full screen view of sleep stages. Then click on the area you're interested (eg. awake around 5am) and you will see a pop up with a time stamp and sleep stage eg. REM 36 mins, 03:18 - 03:54am.

More in our help with sleep article here.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.