Can FitBit please eventually sync with FitBark (fitness tracker for dogs)?

I just recently purchased a FitBark for my dog.  It's very similar to FitBit except it's for dogs!!  The app is amazing and the FitBark app allows us to sync our FitBits, however the FitBit app has yet to sync with the FitBark.  It would be so cool to be able to add our little 4 legged friends into FitBit challenges with their fellow human friends on the FitBit app.  Please let this become a dream come true!! 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

12 Comments
Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Ha ha, I think that's great. Cool idea! Think of all the dog lovers out there. This could really catch on. 

Munchkinerin
First Steps

FitBark is an activity tracker for pets. FitBark has an option to sync human fitbit trackers but not vice versa. It would be awesome for my friends and family members to be able to add my dog as a friend on their fitbi account. Perhaps normalizing the data by perspective goals. My cousins would love it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Oh yes pleaaaase Fitbit!! I am desperate to hook my frenchie up with my Fitbit app with his fitbark!!! Need to whip Leonard into shape!!! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It doesn't sound e your asking for fitbark to sync, they easily could do this through fit it's api. 

What your asking is for Fitbit also to track doggy steps in addition to people steps as seperate records

LHinICT
First Steps

I agree! And FitBark if you click on the icon for how many more points you need, the app gives you (&/or your dog) several different types of ways (ex. Chase birds, play fetch, dog yoga) & durations of that activity, to reach your goal points. I love that hard!

super duper wish that Fitbit would, with one tap on my steps widget or challenge total, give me suggestions for what I could do differently (in that moment) to change my data! The solutions and options are all over and extensive. I wish it would just give me 2-3 suggestions. Maybe say, "What do you think you can do differently right now?", then give me some choices. 

Now, excuse me while i go get my doggies tennis ball 🐶🎾🏃‍:female_sign:🏆

Moderator edit: format

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

Gus424
Recovery Runner

I just got fitbark2 for my dog. I would love to link my activity with my dog's activity. How can I do this?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Mrs.Jackson
Jogger

I would love to see some collaboration with the FitBark device in integrating through the app and challenges for those who want to bring their furry friends along. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

kristypower
Base Runner

I would love for the fitbark to be able to be tracked alongside our results in the fitbit app.  It would be so cool to compare how many calories etc are burned from the fitbit interface.  I love the fitbark app and recently bought the first fitbark for my girl,  she is yet to wear it but I have a puppy that likes to chew her collars off of my girl and would chew the fitbark if given the chance.  

What you guys have suggested is a really good idea,  and would love to see if the workers at fitbit can do this for us.  So is a vote from me! 

Nguindon
First Steps

I would love for my family to be able to add my dog as a friend on the fitbit app!!

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on released on the Fitbit Versa Family and Ionic smartwatchesFitBark and Fitbit have teamed up so you can see your health data and your furry best friend whereabouts at a moment’s glance on the FitBark clock faceYou can download it from the Fitbit App Gallery and for more details about this feature, check this article.

@marexanne, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.