Challenges on web Dashboard

Why can't I see my Challenges on my desktop dashboard?  That data is only available on the apps.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarification and added labels

535 Comments
lomasi71
First Steps
I believe what most people want is that it is all available in one place. I don't want to have to go to two places for the information I want. Even if it is on the same computer. Why should I have to install and therefore take up storage space on my computerus when it can all be in one place?
The point is it is not convenient for the customer who is BUYING the product.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Status changed to: Not currently planned
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for the suggestion. We consistently review feedback from our users and create new features that help our users reach their health and fitness goals. Fitbit Challenges and Adventures are only available on the Fitbit app across iOS, Android, and Windows 10, and at this time we do not have plans to expand these specific features to Fitbit.com.

lomasi71
First Steps
That is too bad, you clearly have hundreds of customers who want this feature, for each one who wants it badly enough to write in there are sure to be 10 more that
want it and don't have the time to go looking.

As I have just recently purchased a fitbit, I will use it until it is dead. I wontmake another purchase from this company after that. You clearly are not wanting to please
your customers.Convenience is what we are asking for everything in one place.

I am a dissapointed customer.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Redwing59 since you have the app installed on the Blackberry, somply open the app up, go to challenges and accept. For you it is not that the app wont accept challenges,  but the web page can not detect that you have the app installed

Ezmerilda
Recovery Runner

Yes, please do make the challenges available for those of us using a computer or tablet. 

PureEvil
10K Racer

@Ezmerilda,

You may access challenges on most tablets (Windows, Android and iOS) and (Windows 10) computers.  All you need to do is install the Fitbit App.

edunne
Jogger
Hi Derrik,

Erin the original poster here.
Can you possibly give the hundreds of Fitbit users on this thread a reason why Fitbit is choosing not to provide the Challenges feature across all access devices?
And if it will absolutely never happen, please freeze this forum thread with your explanation as the top sticky post.
Free2LiveAgain
Stepping Up

Well that's unfortunate.. guess I'll look into getting a different fitness tracker then. Too bad I bought this one and it added to your sales. Expensive tracker for such a simple thing for you guys to do. Ridiculous. 

MellYell78
First Steps

I am also extremely disappointed with the decision from Fitbit not to add the Challenges to Fitbit.com - I have purchased two trackers from you over the last year, an Alta and a Charge 2. I have also purchased the Aria scale so clearly I've spent a fair amount of money on your products.  I don't think it would be too difficult or expensive for your company to add a small section to Fitbit.com so that we can view/review our challenges while on our desktops or laptops.  Very disappointing in the response from Fitbit considering this string is 19 pages long and trails all the way back to 2014.  Shameful. 

katidid700
Base Runner
@MellYell78
I couldn't agree more. I've purchased my "fair share" of trackers in the last 4 1/2 years. I haven't gotten the scale but 2 Zips, at least 6 One's and now a Charge 2 are in my collection. Not to mention all the accessories (Bluetooth dongles, cases, and I always have at least 3 chargers for each tracker {in the car, in my office & by my bed}, sleeping straps for the One... oh and I've turned many of friends onto these trackers.
So, I think I've paid someone's mortgage a time or two...

Come on Fitbit. You can either hire a new programmer or "borrow" one from a different department to work on this. You can see my history and know I participate in MANY (oh, thank you for upping the number of challenges you can enter - see that wasn't too hard, was it?) challenges each week.

Sent from my iPhone
BUTCHER206
Jogger

I want to be able to view / accept challenges on Fitbit.com, come on! I see this topic is 3 years old, please add the web support! I don't want to install your app on my phone EVER, it's incredibly invasive and unreasonable

lcarbrey
Recovery Runner

Yes please it would be so helpful!

Barry_H
First Steps

Please do this, it seems weird it's not offered.

Jazzardish
First Steps

Yes, I would definitely like to see the Challenges on my computer dashboard. I use many different devices, I have many devices that I like to access from. Older devices I don't install apps for if I don't have to. Since there's only SOME information accessible in my phone and SOME accessible only on the website, let's make it match. Syncing should be and  syncing, I think 🙂

OntRoadRunner
Jogger

I agree with everyone here.  I use my pc every day to enter my food and water.  I just like it better on the pc and would LOVE to see my challenges on here too.  Main reason, I hate texting and it would make it so much more fun to just type when I'm chatting with someone on the challenge. 

Redwing59
Runner

Just notice that the status of this great idea is DECLINED. It would have been nice if Fitbit would close or lock the thread and provide users with the rational for declining to pursue the idea.

Redwing59
Runner

Just noticed this idea is marked DECLINED. Wonder why Fitbit did not close or lock the thread of the idea they won't do. Or why the rational for the declined decision is not provided.

catdav
Keeping Pace
You know that commercial that goes "Can you hear me now"? They obviously are not hearing us. They will not hear us until we stop buying the products. I absolutely love my fit bit, but when it dies, I will look into products that will do what I want it to do.

Sent from Outlook
Pmoskalyk
Recovery Runner

Put the Challenages on the Web Dashboard

mr_jesmer
First Steps

Fitbit,

Please add challenges to the Dashboard of Fitbit.com. This would make what I consider one of the big perks of fitbit accessible to a good deal more of its users. Those that do not have smartphones, or those that do not have a phone capable of syncing with the fitbit devices.

This post is 3 years old, and people are still commenting on how they want this feature. That alone should tell you it isn't just some one off request. A large enough portion of the fitbit community want this, you should make this happen. You got a great market share with your trackers, now keep that market share by giving your customers what they are asking for. 

Thanks,

Matthew

818gymrat
Runner

C'mon Fitbit! We want to see our

@edunne wrote:

Why can't I see my Challenges on my desktop dashboard?  That data is only available on the apps.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarification and added labels

challenges on pc dashboards, can't be that difficult. 

8wheelsgood
Recovery Runner

Stupid of fitbit to decline to add the challenges to fitbit.com

monkeyfit
Jogger

Hey Fitbit mods,

Can you give an explanation of why this suggestion was rejected?  It seems like it is badly wanted.  Is there some technical issue that prevents fitbit from implementing it? Is there another reason that you choose to not add this feature?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I believe you will find your answer at the top of this page, when declined they always post the official reason. 

Redwing59
Runner

@Rich_Laue,

This is what they posted:

[quote]Status changed to: Declined

Thank you for the suggestion. We consistently review feedback from our users and create new features that help our users reach their health and fitness goals. Fitbit Challenges and Adventures are only available on the Fitbit app across iOS, Android, and Windows 10, and at this time we do not have plans to expand these specific features to Fitbit.com.

[endquote]

I don't see a reason for the declined status except the no plans to expand these features. And the time stamp is March 2017 for the explanation. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.