Challenges on web Dashboard

Why can't I see my Challenges on my desktop dashboard?  That data is only available on the apps.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarification and added labels

535 Comments
bkbillma
Jogger
Let web users and windows users accept challenges. Right now when I get a challenge I have no way to accept it. This affects all of your users as my friends who challenge me are also frustrated.
bkbillma
Jogger

Oh, and your 'Posted from Android 4.0' is wrong btw.  It was Windows Phone 8.1.1

bkbillma
Jogger

Simply that.

Status changed to: New
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks! We're looking into adding Challenges to the web dashboard.

foofollower
Jogger

I agree! I would like to be able to use this feature!

@bkbillma wrote:
Let web users and windows users accept challenges. Right now when I get a challenge I have no way to accept it. This affects all of your users as my friends who challenge me are also frustrated.

bkbillma
Jogger

It has been added to Windows Phone!  Good work.  And they say dashboard integration is under consideration.

wymaa
First Steps

I agree. That and make the link for challenges in the email actually accept the challenge instead of just linking to the app download page. Why send me an email with a link that says "join the challenge" and then doesn't do anything?

Jeroen
Strider

Hi,

Can you please consider to also display the challenges on the web dashboard?

I really like the new app feauture but sometimes when you battery dies you still want to check the competition.

Keep up the great work on the awesome products!

Thanks,

Jeroen

paul080576
First Steps
I agree completely. The app has a bug right now that doesn't allow me to view the challenges anymore. Being able to view my challenges on the web dashboard would resolve my problem until the bug issue gets fixed.
chrisschueman
Base Runner
Agree 100% !! Even before the big issue with my App ( still Not fixed) I couldn't figure out why you wouldn't have it on the web anyway?!
edlanter
First Steps

Agreed. I just got my mom a One but she only has a 'dumb' phone so she can't do the challenges with her 4 children. It makes very little sense.

JudyE326
First Steps

Please roll out the challenge feature to PC users to allow them to participate in challenges for motivation.  Many of the older generation do not use smart phones and therefore cannot participate in the challenges.

jcambron
First Steps

Amen to that!! I am really frustrated that I have to keep checking my cellphone to see how I am doing on the challege when I am on the computer all day. Thanks for adding this feature to your website.

Baseballer99
First Steps

I think challenges on the mobile app should be viewable on the website. Create and look at the challenges that other people are doing

C1ndyluhu
Recovery Runner

I have to second that motion.  I use the desktop version far more often than the version on my phone.  The email comes to my computer, but when I click on the link to accept the challenge, it just takes me to a link to download the app (which I already have).  The link should take you to a screen on the desktop with your challenges and give you the opportunity to see more about the challenge and accept it.  Challenges should NOT be only on the phone.

CarlPoole
Base Runner

This feature is really platform agnostic and it doesn't make sense that it's only allowed to be tied to a cell phone at the moment. Hope they come out with it on the website soon.

RBECKS
Jogger

Third that. 

ocanada73
Base Runner

What she said!

kelfran
Tempo Runner

I agree. I was so excited to get a fitbit and compete in challenges with my family only to find out that I can't because I don't have a smartphone. Smiley Frustrated What sense does that make?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As someone with a smart but not smart enough phone to sync with I just don't use the app but so many people got new fitbits for Christmas that there are challenges every week now but while I leave a tab open to the dashboard and check it throughout the day I can't see any of the challenge stuff going on without getting out the phone and dealing with the app that is slow to load and work with.  

Bring the challenges to the dashboard.  

Hongxuan
Jogger

I do have a smart phone, but the challenges don't show up there. I downloaded the app today, to no avail.

As I monitor my activities on the desktop computer anyway, it would be so much better to have access to challenges on there and to be able to accept them.

The email link just directs to the play store.

BennyBarefoot
Jogger

I love my fitbit, and use the challenges regularly. 

I was wondering if we could get the same features from the mobile app added to the website. 

For example- if you sit at a desk all day, and don't want to use your phone / data plan to check the progress of your challengee's. It would be very nice to use the website and check on that.

Thanks!

Ben 

LisaLA
First Steps

I am in complete agreement with this suggestion.  I just got a Fitbit and attempted to join my first challenge, only to have the "Accept" button take me to an app download page on my desktop.  I already have the app on my phone and desktop, but use it more on my desktop.  I tried several times to accept the challange from my desktop, to no avail.  Then, for some reason, I decided to try it on my phone, and it worked.  However, now I can only follow the challenge progress on my phone.  Why can't I follow the challenge on my desktop too?  I just don't get the sense of that.  Please change this!

Misfit_TX_user
First Steps

The challenges need to be on the web and cross functional for Misfit users (which I own).  I'm in doing the Fitbit challenge with my friends at work and manually entering in my steps on the website but can't access the Challenges.  Put them on the web too!

npeters3
First Steps

Completely agree!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.