Contact photo for phone calls

When receiving a phone call, display the profile picture/caller ID photo for the person making the call in addition to displaying the name.

If a photo doesn't exist for a recognized number, don't display a photo, just display the name as is the current function today. Or, if it's a recognized number without a photo, display the placeholder shape (ie a blank square or circle) to hint to the user to add a photo in the future for their recognized contact.

If the number isn't recognized, don't display a photo, just display the incoming number. 

Moderator Edit: Label

Moderator edit: Labels

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @mattwever!

Thanks for sharing your idea with us! I could definitely see this suggestion becoming very popular. 

Let's see what other members have to say about it.

Belle_F
Recovery Runner

What about an enhancement to Versa that includes a picture of the person calling? Would that be possible?  I mean if I already have a Gmail account and all my contacts info and their photo are backed up to that account... can that be made possible SOOOOOOOOOOOOON? Please.  I think that would really give Apple a "run" for their money.  Thank you.

TheJuda
Jogger

I like it! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mattwever and commenters, whilst this is unlikely to be released on Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic as originally requested, this has been noted by our Product teams and discussed for future products. I have updated the label accordingly. Thanks for sharing this idea and please continue to vote on it if it's of interest.

askmrhp
Runner
photos of friends appear when you get a message or phone call. The photos could come preloaded on the watch and triggered by a phone call or message.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @askmrhp, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see the contact photo for phone calls. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.