Customize your Reminders (weight, water, sleep, several exercises etc)

I've seen one or two of these in different topics, but I wanted to make a universal post to consolidate them, and add a few.

I would love to have reminders for:

• Drinking water
  • Moving
  • Appointments
  • Weighing (if you weighed yourself on your Aria, or manually entered your weight at 10pm yesterday, the app could remind you to weigh yourself at 10pm tonight)
  • Sleeping (if you have an alarm set for 8am, the app reminds you to go to bed at 12am to get 8 hours of sleep)
  • Eating (you set the number of meals you eat per day, and times, and the app reminds you to enter what you ate at those times)
  • Excercising (you set when you want to exercise each day, and the app reminds you)

These would change the app from a passive data collector to a powerful motivational coach.

Moderator edit: Added Labels /  Subject for clarity.

83 Comments
praveensoni
First Steps

Hi FitBit Team,

Water Reminder must have feature. I can see lot of comments requesting  water reminder feature from very long time.  I bought FitBit Charge 2 without checking this feature, I thought this general feature must be covered by FitBit.  Please consider my comment as Vote for this feature.

massivetremor
Jogger

Hey Fitbit Team/Community

TLDR: I'd like more consistent Sleep + Weight notifications on my phone and on my Fitbit itself

Long version: Wound up sleeping way too much yesterday (Sunday) and woke up in the middle of the night not remembering when I dozed off.

Good news: Fitbit was able to notice around what time I fell asleep, so I had a pretty decent idea of how much I slept and why it was suddenly 3am and I felt completely rested.

Bad news: Turns out I had been sleeping like crap pretty much all week long, but never really had a decent grasp of how much or how little I had slept, and I'm not always checking my Fitbit app to see insights like those.

Request: I'd love to see a notification on my phone after my Fitbit Charge 2 "notices" that I'm awake (maybe 5 or 10 min after moving around following a sleep cycle). I should get a notification with something like "Good Morning, [name]! You got [x] amt of sleep last night" and a little "try and get more tomorrow" or "looks like you're right on track" depending on whether I got too little or just enough.

Other: I'd like this for my Aria scale as well. I bought the scale, even though the price was intimidating, because I want consistent, accurate data for my weight. I don't always want to have to check the app for this, though. I check my weight every morning after using the bathroom. A notification on my phone should let me know how I'm doing. I know this may be insensitive to those with weight issues, so obviously this should be an optional feature.

I bought a Fitbit and accompanying scale because I want to be more in tune with my vitals and health progress, but I expect the software to step in more often than it already is (which is barely any amount at all). The only thing my Fitbit reliably does is tell me to take some steps every hour. It has the capability of doing so much more so it should alert me of that more frequently.

Thanks!

Adubs8080
First Steps

I would love o have a reminder for water please!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please only one suggestion per post, 

massivetremor
Jogger

A response like that is a good way to alienate customers who bother to voice their opinion. 

dhruven08
First Steps

Hi @Fitbit,

Any update on this?

This is a great feature to have.

Thanks.

cjo582
Jogger

Just adding my 2 cents. I struggle with adult ADHD, and until something is habitual, I struggle with it. One of the primary reasons I got a fitbit is because I thought it would alert me based on how long I've been idle, not just at 10 mins left in the hour. I also thought a reminder to drink water would be a given. I'm really sad and disheartened to see that this isn't a feature now, and this thread is almost 3 years old. Even if developers could make it so an alarm could be customized to remind me of something specific, that would be an improvement, since I set alarms for 7 different things throughout my day.

GinaRomen
First Steps

Please add an alarm / push reminder that is customizable. I have to drink water every 15 min throughout the entire day to avoid dehydration. This also can be used for many different needs, vitamins, medicine, meals, etc. Users should be able to customize  it and add frequency in days, hours, minutes. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GinaRomen, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature for Fitbit Blaze. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Zeagardner
First Steps

Fitbit development team,

Adding a water reminder feature would be so helpful. Think about how many products are out there that make their money from just that alone. Please add it as a feature for the watch. Drinking water is so important and so many people struggle with it. 

mindyg104
First Steps

Yes, I'd love a water reminder/tracker. Perhaps capability to sink it with an App like WaterMinder? Or even built into the fitbit app. It allows you to log your water intake so perhaps have it remind you too and notify you on your Fitbit that you need to hydrate.

nsaint02
First Steps

A water reminder notification would be awesome!!  I was disappointed to see that there wasn't an option for one...

Ean92
First Steps

I have use this apps and charge 2 for 7 months. Im really happy with it, except when its been long time using it, sometimes you forgot to add how many water intake or food you have take for that day. Atleast if there are reminder like if i didnt drink for 2 hours, alert me for that. Or if i didnt eat at all. Because my issues now is sometimes i forgot to add it! Like few days after then. Iremember that i havent add any in my fitbit apps.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

suggestion75618
First Steps

ergonomic fit break reminder for desktop. reminds you to get up and stretch or reminds you to drink water, or reminds you to get up and walk around, or reminds you to take medicine. also shows your fitbit dashboard with data such as current heart rate, or steps taken today. it would be great if this was built into a google chrome extension. Would be cool if it could communicate with my fitbit using the computer's bluetooth connection instead of my cell phone's bluetooth connection

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Zachary-Bright
Stepping Up

I would love to be able to set custom reminders that display a preset message on your screen. I would expect the reminders to be able to be repeated daily.😁

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

RohitC
First Steps

Hi,

It would be great to set alarms that pops-up messages (Reminders). It will be really helpful for critical tasks such as alarm-reminders to attend a meeting, water the plants, so & so forth.

There are no 3rd party apps available for the same.

This is a basic application, and am sure Fitbit can help us on this. 

I came across a similar query on Fitbit's Help Forums.  

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Fitbit-Versa-Custom-Reminders/td-p/2735070 

Thanks

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @RohitC! Thanks for your suggestion. I moved it to this similar thread so we can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas. 

Bvraust
Jogger

To be able to create your own reminder with the title you want and the times or time periods you want.

Dess-Daily
First Steps

Seconded! I’ve got alarms set for when my lunch starts and ends because I get very focused. Every time, they’re jarring and I don’t like that I have to turn them off. A simple little double buzz like the steps reminder would be incredibly helpful. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Bvraust Thanks for sharing this idea.

I agree it would be useful having an option to create our own reminders. Let's see what other users think.

juostu
Jogger

I miss this feature too. Specific case would be for taking pills every 8 or 12 hours.

CKPDX
First Steps

I would LOVE to have the ability to set custom reminders with the option of making certain reminders recurring.  For example, when turned on, buzz me every 20 minutes so I remember to take a stretch break.  That would be incredibly helpful for those of us working desk jobs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.