Custom snooze duration for alarms on Versa series

When the wake-up alarm goes of it vibrates a few times but then if it doesn't wake you up it won't vibrate again for 9 minutes.  That's way too long, if my alarm fails to wake me up the first couple times it's now half an hour later than I intended!  This time period should be configurable.  I would like the alarm to be able to go off every 1 minute until I acknowledge that i'm up. Turn off/on the snooze.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

26 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mdchris, it sounds like a good idea!  I know this is a frequently used feature, so watch this space for updates. Thanks for your patience.

justin.
Recovery Runner

this would be great. I'm a new versa owner and when i tried the wake up alarm, the snooze was WAAAYYYYY to long. would like if it was adjustable from 1 to whatever minutes. 

Reinangel
Jogger

It would be a good time delay for 5 minutes. not 9. or even 3. long enough to not allow you back into rem sleep. 

justin.
Recovery Runner

And it would be nice if it KEPT on vibrating until you A) turned it off or B) hit the adjustable snooze button. As it is it just buzzes a few times, easy to sleep through if it's waking you up at the wrong time. Which brings up the question of why it does not wake you up at the most opportune moment in your sleep cycle. I guess because it's just collecting data and hasn't synced yet?

CarlUddo
First Steps

This type of alarm is absolutely amazing, waking up to a vibration on my wrist instead of a ringtone . Only problem is that the vibration only goes on for 5 something seconds, should keep going until you turn off the alarm or press snooze ! 

Tvoyak
Base Runner

YES please make it stay on until dismissed or snoozed and it would be great if the vibration could be increased even more until dismissed.  Or even changed the vibration pattern maybe to help wake me up.  I find that little momentary buzz does nothing while I'm asleep.  

VioletaRadic
First Steps

I second all of the above! The vibration should keep on until manually dismissed or snoozed. The five second buzz does absolutely nothing for me. Hardly feel it, even when set to strong. 

Also, it appears that the alarm automatically turns off completely after only two rounds of vibrating. So, if round doesn’t wake you, it goes into snooze for nine minutes and vibrates again for some seconds, and if you miss that, you’re smoked. You snooze, you lose! Big time! Really disappointing!

Mypib
Recovery Runner

Since the Versa only vibrates for a very short while before it automatically goes into snooze mode this doesn't always wake me up. I have to set backup alarms on my phone just in case the versa can't wake me up. It would be great if the versa could snooze or dismiss my phone alarms. The device is connected to my phone and I've granted it permission to see Alarm notifications but no matter what I do I cannot snooze or dismiss phone alarms from my watch. This is VERY annoying. Also allow users to control how long the snooze duration is. 9 minutes for me is way too long.

Please make changes to the following:

1. Change silent alarm so that it continues to vibrate until the user either snoozes or dismisses the alarm. Don't have it automatically go into snooze mode after just three short vibrations.

2. Allow Versa to snooze or dismiss phone alarms

3. Allow users to control how long the snooze duration is. 9 minutes is way too long for me. 

I came to Fitbit after my Samsung Gear Fit 2 died and  sadly I am a little disappointed that Fitbit doesn't have the above features like the gear fit. It just seems like common sense.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi @Mypib! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Custom Snooze Time on Versa

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. We also suggest using the search bar to check if the idea you wanto to post already exists. 

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Mypib.

I will be merging this suggestion into: Custom Snooze Time on Versa. Be sure to vote for the custom snooze time suggestion if you have the time.

Thanks for participating!

powerc7
First Steps

Also an option that reduces the interval by 2 mins each snooze

Winterglo
Walker

I agree. It would be great to be able to set how long the snooze duration is, and to have the option to have the watch continue to vibrate until the user snoozes or dismisses the alarm.

hachaduryan
Recovery Runner

Hi, first off - thanks for fixing the alarms and making them not snooze themselves. I'd recommend the same for phone calls, but that's another topic.

Can I request custom snooze times for each alarm? The default 10 min is a good "default" option, but adding the option for choosing a custom snooze duration would show that Fitbit is indeed a leader in wearables and has a strong attention to detail. 

If min to min isn't an option (for example a 2 min snooze interval is too complicated to program), maybe at least 5 min intervals (for example 5, 10, 15 and so on, up to an hour) would be sufficient? 

Let's make it happen. Thanks guys! 3.0 is definitely a step in the right direction.

Eattrainrun
First Steps

I would love for a software/firmware update where we can have the alarm go off only 1 time and uncheck a box to turn off any snooze or reminder so it doesn't go off again. I use the alarms for work and the reminder is confusing me. I know if we hit it then it shuts off the reminder, but I am a musician and cannot hit the button and then the reminder goes off 8 min later and then the next alarm goes off and I get mixed up. 

Eattrainrun
First Steps

I would love for a software/firmware update where we can have the alarm go off only 1 time and uncheck a box to turn off any snooze or reminder so it doesn't go off again. I use the alarms for work and the reminder is confusing me. I know if we hit it then it shuts off the reminder, but I am a musician and cannot hit the button and then the reminder goes off 8 min later and then the next alarm goes off and I get mixed up. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EattrainrunGreat suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

hachaduryan
Recovery Runner

it baffles me that a company such as Fitbit does not have better thought out products. Users have to be asking for basic features like this.. then they would have to vote and support, wait forever and hope for the best. Ugh..

brandidi
Recovery Runner

I literally cannot get up if the alarm isn't in a multiple of 10. 😂 So 9 minute snooze drives me bonkers. Customizable would be best, but if not, it should be 5 or 10 minutes solid.

kappam
First Steps

It's crazy such an obvious and simple feature has not been added yet.

91 votes here and another 115 in another duplicated request (linked). How long will it take to implement/test and how many users will be made happier? I think it's time to invest in this 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Ability-to-change-the-snooze-duration/idi-p/2177...

hachaduryan
Recovery Runner

Long time buddy. It'll take a while, unless they decide the they have no plans to implement that feature. Then it'll take even longer. 

Fitbit doesn't care about adding requested features, unless there literally is a public uprising. That's how it worked about adding another basic feature - airplane mode. It should be a given, a number of us requested it, but at the end of the day we got the finger.

Krose13
Recovery Runner

A customizable snooze function for the Versa alarm feature would be a huge win. I use alarms for things other than waking (kids piano lesson on Friday, reminder to pick up milk, etc.). Having the option to snooze minimally in 10 minute (preferably a range option up to an hour) increments would be great.  

Also, the ability to view, edit, & set reminders in-app (apposed to only on the device) would be a user-friendly value add.

hachaduryan
Recovery Runner
Maybe in a couple of years they will consider listening to their customer
base. In the meantime - good luck.
TURNAGES
Jogger

Darn it, now my fitbit vibrates forever, I do not want this.  I want to set it for how many vibrations and how long to snooze.  I set multiple alarms for each morning, when I need to get up, when I need to be in the shower, when I need to be fixing my breakfast/lunch and when I need to be walking out the door.  It was PERFECT when it vibrated 3 or 4 times, now, it's annoying as can be.  I understand a lot of people wanted it to vibrate longer, needs to be adjustable for personal preferences.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

smirashi
First Steps

I am a new Versa 2 user. I am really glad that the suggestion to custom snooze time is under consideration! If it is implemented, it will definitely be a huge win. Looking forward to its implementation. Hope it happens soon!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.