Customizable Challenges (like start date, duration etc)

I would like to be able to set which days I want for a challenge. Not all of my friends work a workweek (Mon-Fri). I would like to be able to make a challenge thats like Thurs-Sun or Mon-Wed-Fri. Or whatever days my friends work during that week. Choose teams and partners.

Moderator edit: labels. 

1,256 Comments
Jluke
Recovery Runner

I know this is probably a long way off, but I think it would be great if you could incorporate new challenges that you can join in the app istelf, that way people could log their progress, etc.  It would be a cool feature if their were different weekly/monthly things to join right there at your finger tips.

For example, maybe during one week there's a 25,000 step challenge. Hit 25,000 steps in a single day to complete it. And maybe anyone who does gets entered into a random drawing for some fitbit swag, a gift card, discount code for the store, etc.  Or maybe you can accumlate "points" from completing in app challenges and cash them in for stuff.  Just a thought, but it's a way to grow the brand and get the user more motivated and involved in my opinion.

kiwi_walker
Recovery Runner

a suggestion, could you add something like doing a progress to a specific goal like walking the distance of the Appalachian trail or walking across the continent or walking the Boston Marathon thanks

Watto51
First Steps

I ride my bike every day, however, Fitbit doesn't recognise the distance or activity and there is no means to add it to the dashboard manually.

1Randy
Recovery Runner

My gp of 1,500 wants the 5-Challenge limit removed. irandy

1Randy
Recovery Runner

Our group of 1,500+ wants to enter as many challenges as possible.  Remove 5-max rule for challenges. iRandy

1Randy
Recovery Runner

We want you to remove the Maximum 5-Challenge rule.  We increase our step totals when we are in a challenge.  Your 5-Challenge max rule makes no sense.  Plus, even after a challenge is over it may take you up to 3-6 hours to clear that challenge so we can move on.  irandy

Status changed to: New
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

Thank you! We'll forward this information to our developers for review. 

1Randy
Recovery Runner

This seems like such an easy change to make.  I'm not sure why you placed the limit in the first place.  All I have heard is complaints about it.

But thank you for sending this on.  I would enjoy some feedback as to what the plans are from the developers.  Thanks. iRandy

Navyma33
First Steps
I am a Beachbody Coach, and an active user of my fitbit flex! I love my fitbit, but I hate that I am not able to track my workouts in the app. Like another person suggested, it would also be nice to put in my body measurements. Love my Fitbit and love the app, but I think if these two features would be added in, I would recommend this to all of my Beachbody customers. Thanks!
MrsMcIB
Recovery Runner

Hi.  I love the challenges.  They are an incredible addition to Fitbit and has made me decide to purchase a Fitbit Charge HR when it comes out and retire my Nike FuelBand.

My decision was based on the challenges.  That being said I have about 25 friends on Fitbit and am only allotted 5 challenges at a time.  Is it possible to add more than just 5?  People like me (my friends say it all the time) think you should be able to enter more challenges.

Also the 10 person restriction seems to be a sore spot as well.  This isn't as big of a deal I think (from what I hear) as the limit of 5 challenges at a time.

I have 5 challenges going (one has ended) and have been invited to three more for the weekend.  A challenge of mine ended 16 hours ago but still won't allow me to add a new challenge.

Any changes to increase the challenge quantity in the future? It is by far the most inspiring part of my day, weekend and work week. 

Thanks for the consideration!!!

Love the Fitbit!!!

Tammy (MrsMcIB)

Sev123
Recovery Runner

I think it would be a great challenge if you could do a 'quick throwdown' (feel free to use this name) challenge.  I'd like to challenge a friend and see who can do the most steps in the next hour or two.  Just being able to define specific times would be great.  I'm currently in a workweek hustle and I'm smashing the competition (thank you very much). However to be fair, I sometimes keep weird hours... up at dawn and still awake at midnight. I'm getting steps in while the others are snoozing... literally.  It would be great if we could specify the hours that the steps will count during the work day... otherwise, no one will want to play with me : (    

TheGrumpyOne
First Steps

I agree, they have to increase the amount of people that can participate. when you have three of the same challenges going, it gets kind of crazy. Please up the number of challenges you can participate in and increase the amount of people you can add to the challenges.

Thanks, 

Thomas Cherro

tricia67
Jogger
Yes please allow more players per challenge
tricia67
Jogger
Our family so many if us have a fitbit, that someone, about 3 people, are leftout of the challenge everyday
lynnice
Jogger

Hello, 

My name is Lynnice, I live in Katy, TX.  My coworkers and friends use the preset/predetermined challenges that come with out fitbits.  However, we would like to customize our challenges to fit our schedule.  I have not been able to create a challenge for specific needs.

It would be great to see fitbit come up with/come out with a challenge that you can alter or create yourself.  

Example: we want to do a daily showdown from 7p to 7a, or a weekly showdown, from 7p to 7a.  Of course it could be any time frame, but it would be nice to be able to create a specific challenge to meet everyones needs.

Lets get the wheels turning and get a new challenge that can be edited out soon.

Oh yeah, I love my Flex way to go

I am on Instagram w a group of girls doing a fitgirlsguide challenge (over a million followers) I constantly have people that have fitbits sending me friend requests wanting to join in on workweek challenges and weekend warrior challenges but I can't do more than ten in a challenge and no more than five challenges .. These girls would love to all be in the same group... And it would be awesome to convince more girls to get fitbits over the holidays and join in on the challenges w us 😉 plus I am the one setting up the challenges each time based on the girls amt of step activity etc ... It would be a lot nicer if I could just add them all into one! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

hope to see a change in this. Having more people in the challenge will make more people want to challenge. Since everyone in it can invite more people it could grow quickly.

Luke_Lindblom
First Steps

The new challenges feature is very nice, but it would be even nicer if you could make custom ones. For example, all week, or a trip, or one month.

mwhitaker
First Steps

You should be able to select specific dates to run challenges. Currently there are 7 day and monthly challenges; however there is no way to set up a challenge before the challenge starts or to designate specific dates. Our company purchased 250 fitbits and was completely mislead about corporate wellness challenges. You should also be able to add more than 10 people at a time. We have nearly 900 employees!

SharmB
First Steps

I agree, it would be great to have more than 10 in a challenge  particularly when we have groups of friends and a couple miss out on the challenge, also a few other types of challenges would be great as well, and being able to be part of more than 5 challenges at once otherwise you can miss being able to sign up for new ones in the following week.!  Thanks for the challenges they are helping us get moving!!

Beaker719
Jogger

I joined the forums to post this exact request. I have a few events that start on Thrusday and end on Monday. We'd like to challenge each other during the event.

geminiwitch
Recovery Runner

I completely agree.  I was just about to post a message on this topic also.

Can we please be in more than 5 challenges? I have lots of fitbit friends and I hate that I can't accept more challenge requests. I wish we could have more than 10 in a challenge too, but this isn't as important as wishing I could be in more than 5.  I would like to be in challenges with all my friends instead of picking and choosing which to accept.

geminiwitch
Recovery Runner

Hi, I like your idea.  I am most often a night owl.  If I do not have to adjust my cycle for other people, I tend to go to sleep from anywhere between 6 and 10 am and wake up anywhere between 3 and 8 pm.  I would love to be able to do challenges on "my time" instead of rushing to get them in before midnight a lot of times after I wake up.

redladystl
First Steps

Did a search before I started the same topic over.  Any response or resolution to this topic.  I desperately need reslolution to the amount of people per challenge.

marmur1
First Steps

Yes please!  I love the challenges for inspiration but have more than 10 friends on Fitbit and would love to include everyone!  Please increase the limit even further. Thank you!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.