Customizable vibrations pattern for Silent Alarms

Could we please have an option to select from a list of possible vibration patterns for our Silent Alarms.

Selectable Vibration Patterns

• Flex Default (3 long, pause, repeat 3 long pattern until stopped)
  • Charge Default (3 long, pause, 3 long, snooze for 9 minutes, 3 long, pause, 3 long)
  • [NEW] Rapid (3 quick, pause, repeat 3 quick pattern until stopped)
  • [NEW] Rising Scale (1 quick, pause, 2 quick, pause, 3 quick, pause, 3 long, pause,repeat 3 long until stopped)

The patterns and repititions seem to differ between the Flex and Charge without any ability to change them back. I found the Flex vibrations to be a little too harsh and I felt they had the potential to wake up my wife.

I would personally be happy if the setting was per configured alarm or globally for the tracker. Either way, having a few selectable options for the vibration would mean that users could choose how they are woken up!

If you feel this is a useful suggestion please vote for it

Cheers

Al

Moderator Edit: Title, Format & Labels 

bigAPE | Melbourne, Australia | Software Developer

Flex - Charge - Charge HR - iPhone 6 - Apple OSX

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

211 Comments
kelly24024
First Steps

I never wake up to the fitbit alarm. It would be nice if I could set the intensity or duration of the alarm. That way I can set the alarm to keep vibrating in the morning until I turn it off. But I could have a short alarm during the day to remind me to do something.

katieanne
First Steps

I would like the option to set an alarm that buzzes until you tap to turn it off OR an alarm that buzzes one short buzz and then turns off on its own. I would like to be able to set the latter alarm for a reminder to move after a set period of time, without having to tap it (repeatedly-- mine needs to be tapped for like 10 seconds solid before it reacts) to turn it off. 

hlxdrummer
First Steps

Ya, I wish the alarm would keep going until you turn it off. Sometimes I want to "snooze" so I lay in bed through the alarm once or twice, but the thing shuts off after two times so I can't rely on it to wake me up. 

mwkimmel
Keeping Pace

Agreed.

I'm a heavy sleeper, so sometimes it takes a bit to wake me. To compensate for the short alert, I added 8 alarms, spaced 1 minute apart. And yet, sometimes it's still not enough. Also, since there is a max of 8 alarms, I can't use one for other reasons. We need the option for it to be continuous until turned off.

hkohm16
First Steps

I think this has been requested, but the ability to have different types of alarms.

Short buzz, two buzzes, long buzz. That way we could designate what the alarm is telling us.

And some buzzes would just turn off, where others could keep going until we set it off by tapping.

By having this feature I could have an alarm that both woke me up and an alarm that would go off throughout the day that I would remind myself to get up and go walk while I am stuck at my desk at work. Or if multiple settings it could remind me to go walk the stairs or do push-ups. Setting an alarm to re-occur every hour or two hours in my settings feature.

Hoping - We could set these from our smart phone or the fit-bit website.

Nedjo67
Jogger

I like that my Force vibrates when I reach my goal, but I would like to set multiple goals or perhaps have it vibrate once I hit my 1st Step Goal (10k), again or multiple times when I reach another goal (15K), and so on.  I think there should just be a bit more customization as to what the vibration and messages mean for each persons unique goals.

Thanks!  

#ForceWasKing

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Nice suggestion! Thanks for posting!

ulpzds
First Steps

I think it would be beneficial to include a haptic setting for the silent alarm. I'm a super heavy sleeper and I just recently bought a Flex to be able to wake up without a raging alarm in the mornings. Unfortunately the Flex made no impact on me waking up. I beleive it would be crucial to incorporate a way to customize the silent alarm settings. By this I mean the ability to have a custom vibration strength. It would help me to make it a more vibrant jolt on my wrist. A way to set the pattern differently would be optimal as well. Different patterns might work for different people. It would be nice to make it repeat more than 3 times because if I'm not feeling it within the first three, I would like it to keep going along with a custom setting to repeat sooner than 9 minutes. I know this might have a lot to deal with the battery life as well, but the amazing fitbit team can make it happen.

suevl
First Steps

I would very much like to be able to set multiple alarms as reminders to take medications that I need to take during the day.  I am 73 yrs. old, and I believe lots of people in my age group would use that feature. 

Jerry-Pop
First Steps
The silent alarm as for waking up and notifying you of a incoming phone call need to be where the user can set how long it vibrates. Twice for wake and once for a phone call Is not amble enough. Plus FitBit and Apple need to work well together for their supporters! This all is in reference to the FitBit Charge.
Gillisafish
First Steps

What a great idea!

masparks89
Recovery Runner
Came to the forums to see about this. I can easily sleep through the very limited Charge alarm cycle right now. Very disappointed. The alarm isn't enough to wake me so it's essentially useless to me. Would love to see this!
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Having a variable alarm feature would also allow for different reminders. One type alarm might mean "get up and move" and another alarm type might mean "time to sip some water" and so on.

Nice idea!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I would like to also see an option for a text notifacation.

Grieg
Jogger
Need stronger call notification vibrate, also text notifications would be great, if Vivosmart can do it why can't fitbit?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Cat Happy

Suggestion: Be able to set your own pattern including short pause & determine the interval duration (for each snooze seperately).

-> Alarm goes off, first snooze after 9 minutes..

-> Alarm goes off, second snooze after 5 minutes..

-> Alarm goes off, third snooze after 3 minutes..

-> Alarm goes off after a minute, buzzing rapidly! Time to get out of bed.. Smiley Surprised

bigAPE
Strider

What has to occur for a feature request to be escalated? How does it reach Reviewed By Moderator status?

mobileGtr
First Steps

+1 on this idea, as well as the idea for Text Notifications.  Would be great to be able to customize the alerts more fully as it's a great premise having the buzz feature already built in.

Hayseeds
Stepping Up

+1 Great idea.  I feel the same way about the weak default alarm on the Charge.  If not fixed, it may be a dealbreaker for me.

kevsu
Recovery Runner

I need this for the Surge, it failed to wake me up today and I was very disappointed....you think this should be a default feature in a 250 dollar machine. I am about to strap my iPhone to my arm with duct tape...

jgallamore
Base Runner

Ditto for the Surge

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Ditto for surge. I sent them an email yesterday and they sent me here. I've slept through my surge alarm twice now and it does not automatically snooze. I'm going to have to switch back to my old alarm on the phone when I go back to work. Very disappointed.
Nighthawk4
Base Runner

I would prefer if my Charge worked as my old One did, i.e. buzz until stopped.

Also, how can I see which alarm times are set now?

For the One, I could see the time selected for each day. For the Charge I have no idea if the setting I put in for the weekend overwrote the one for weekdays, or indeed if it has accepted my settings at all.

bigAPE
Strider

The time of the next alarm is the last option as you tap through the screen.

Thanks for supporting this feature request. I'm not sure how they get progressed from here

_Bam_
First Steps

This is a must have!  One of the uses for which I purchased the Charge was to alert me of calls that I recieve.  Please implement!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.