Daily distance goal that includes tracked activities (e.g., biking)

My daily fitness goal is total miles of distance for all activities I engage in -- walking, running, cycling, or running on a treadmill. Unfortunately, only steps are included in the distance goals tracked by the FitBit app and my Ionic, and only distance from steps is included in the total shown on the distance tile.

I would like all activities' distance should be included in the total shown and in the determination of whether I've achieved my daily distance goal.

If that's not the behavior that everyone wants, then at the very least it should be optional behavior that can be enabled for those who want it.

Since FitBit supports neither this feature nor Google Fit integration, it's not a legit replacement for my old Pebble Time, which is what I bought it for.

6 Comments
Baltoscott
10K Racer

I voted for this, but I agree it should be optional.  Personally, I don't want to mix bike and run miles for a daily mileage goal, but I can see where some might want to.  

Ideally, I would like to see separate cumulative distance totals (daily, week, monthly, annually) for different activities if the mileage is recorded for the activity (i.e., total run miles for GPS runs, total bike miles for GPS tracked bike rides, total swim miles.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JonathanKamens and commenters, thank you for sharing your thoughts in regards to this idea. I think that other people like it too, but let's wait and see what they think.

JaKeCyclist
First Steps

Hi, I would also like to see cumulative distance totals (daily, week, monthly, annually) for different activities if the mileage is recorded for the activity.

This has been a big annoyance for me and any improvement would be great!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
CCR4
First Steps

Currently only step based activities count towards your daily miles, it makes more sense to count distance traveled in all step or gps linked activities. What is the point of having both steps and miles as metrics for step based activities (which is redundant) while you have no main screen metric to track other activities like biking, swimming, kayaking, etc? At the very least this should be a user option as to whether they want to include non step based activities in their daily total.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CCR4, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.